ill throw down whats on my mind.Excellent Info Page
: "Engloid" has a vast knowledge of the VG30. Search the Z31 forums. you'll find quite a bit!! Here's a page.
You'll find it a good idea to lurk about the Z31 forums. they have alot we can learn!Where is the oil filter?
(theres always a new guy): Under the passenger side exhaust manifold. It is somewhat difficult to access until you've done it a few times. Secondly, its best to do it cool, and take the extra time draining the oil, otherwise your asking for forearm burns. What is the best Ignition Timing?
This largely depends on you as the driver, but the consensus is around 25* bdtc. Stock is 20*.Where can i get a replacement radiator?
Just like any other part for the SE, you will be hard pressed to find a new one. Your best bet is to take it to a radiator shop and have your old one re-cored. Theres always Summit Racing
for aftermarket radiators, but still no direct fit. you must make it work.How can i increase the performance of my VG30E?
Believe it or not, there are multiple internal upgrades you can do to your VG30E. The place to get the power from, is the Heads.
- A good Port n' Polish at your local machine shop will do wonders for your performance.
- Camshafts: MSA, Courtesy Nissan of Texas, and even Jim Wolf Technology make cams. You may see them listed for a Z31 300zx. this is because we have the same engine!
- Valves, lifters, rockers, Etc: Ebay is always a nice cheap way out, just keep your eyes open. Courtesy Nissan sells lifters, J.W.T. carries Valve Springs. And your local parts store can order you new valves, or you can just have them machined.
- Spark Plug/Ignition Wires: Nopi carries a good deal of wires for out engine. Sparkplugs.com carries some wires as well. Theres always the local parts store, but usually they only carry oober expensive, OE wires. no fun!
- Spark Plugs: Most have had good success with some sort of NGK plug. You can get these at most any online parts store, or even your local parts store. Bosch seem to work, but there have been instances if lesser performance.
- Ignition Coil: Most any type of Coil will work. I use an MSD blaster II, but others use the MSD Blaster SS. Its a personal choice, not much difference for us to be concerned with. We do have a How-To.
Is this along the lines of what you're looking for?