Fuel pump help

Started by Iceman04, 06:10:46 PM / 29-Jul-14

Previous topic - Next topic

Iceman04

Right now the way I haft to start my car is I haft to use a toggle swich to start the fuel pump and then turn the key dose anyone know how to fix this? It's a 88 mk2 notch with the CA20E and an auto transmission I would rather fix this problem now since my car is completely taken apart because I'm painting it and would like to have this fixed by thi time I'm ready to put it back together if anyone knows how to fix this help is much apreacheated

Jamaican_Drifta

Did you check your fuel pump relay, its the one attached to the furthest part of the trunk, im going thru similar issues but check that relay and the fuel pump fuse.
1st car: 87 300zx turbo
2nd car: 93 240sx
3rd car: 04 Maxima 6 speed
4th car: 93 240sx
and like 2 S12s in there some were
Daily: 87 200sx XE
Drift:  93 300zx NA

sideways_s12

Check the fuse first  its the panel on the pass side under the glove box its a 10 amp.fuse. if thats in tact then check the relay  its most likely one of the 2.

Iceman04

Yeah it's the fuse but mines not in the truck it's under the air box  it's the orange 1 next to the green

kouki20

Stick with toggle switch but hide it somewhere that only you know. So if someone were to try to steal the car, they wouldnt be able to start it.

sideways_s12