Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ka24e keeps jumping dist. timming  (Read 4374 times)

Offline rollingstock

ka24e keeps jumping dist. timming
« on: 07:40:41 PM / 19-Aug-14 »
has anyone heard of this?. i searched google with no luck.. just got my motor done. was driving down the road and it just shut off, wouldnt start. checked it out today and the dist. was on #4 on tdc. cant move, it without pulling the oil pump(from my understanding). so i swaped the wires, it fired right up but then jumped again. cam timing is still on. i was off 1 tooth after start up. just wondering if anyone has any info before i rip into a fresh motor(ie can i fix it with just removing the oil pump?)

Facebook Share    

84 200sx hatch- semi build ka24e
88 integra LS SE
84 gmc 1500

Offline nismo200sx16

• http://www.cardomain.com/id/nismo200sx20
Re: ka24e keeps jumping dist. timming
« Reply #1 on: 08:52:38 PM / 19-Aug-14 »
I dont know much about the ka24e. but looking at the dist setup it looks like it has to be a problem at the tang that drives the dist. can you remove the cap and make the rotor jump by forcing it? I dont see how the gear at the bottom could slip and not cause major damage. almost has to be in the dist assembly its self. the fact that it went to tdc on another cylinder points to the drive tang jumping to.

Offline pakii-afa

« Reply #2 on: 10:49:34 PM / 19-Aug-14 »
long shot but i wonder if its just coincidence that it keeps jumping to tdc on other cylinder (probably not and is most likely the tang) but one thing to note is that the gear on the crank that drives the distributor and oil pump is metal, while the gear on the dist/oil pump rod is plastic and may be fucked up.

i didnt have your issue but i had an issue where the plastic gear was completely bald and all the teeth were ground off leaving the oil pump and dist in one spot.

Offline rollingstock

« Reply #3 on: 10:36:10 PM / 20-Aug-14 »
mine are both metal.. but your close.. took it apart..im a dumbass and put the gear that goes on the crank backwards :hahanot:
88 integra LS SE
84 gmc 1500

Offline pakii-afa

« Reply #4 on: 12:31:19 AM / 21-Aug-14 »
yea i did that when i first went to assemble my motor, than during the install of the timing cover i realized that i was an idiot lol.

id like a metal gear i got this stupid plastic white one that i dont trust ever in the back of my head

Offline rollingstock

« Reply #5 on: 12:46:58 PM / 21-Aug-14 »
are you sure its not metal?.. mine is white aswell, but when it popped off it messed up the very tip, you can clearly see its not plastic.
88 integra LS SE
84 gmc 1500

Offline pakii-afa

« Reply #6 on: 01:11:29 AM / 23-Aug-14 »
yea im more than sure, the rod is steal, but the gear is plastic. it may just be a different year revision where they thought it would be just as efficient but cheaper maybe, my replacement from the dealer was plastic too.