Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: S12 drift/street car dorisha style  (Read 9457 times)

Offline Hitman Cody2130

• n00b
  • Needs moar low
S12 drift/street car dorisha style
« on: 04:27:03 PM / 09-Jun-16 »
Well I am picking up another s12 hatch and figured I would get a build thread started. I have already sourced out most of the big parts that will be going on but I'm still deciding on a bunch of little stuff. Feel free to bitch about the direction I'm taking and the mods I'm doing.....as long as you are paying for my parts lol.
Here is how the car came to me. Has a ka24de swap with standard boltons, s13 180sx front suspenison that needs to be installed, bride low-max seat and a couple other cool things

Now on to the plans.....A local buddy is a Fortune Auto dealer so he is gonna build me a custom set of coilovers to go with the s13 rear subframe swap that I have already started to gather parts for, this car will be stupid low so the s13 rear setup makes the most sense to run. With a +25mm lca and villians angle kit the car should be fun on track and still streetable. Wheels will depend on the day, expect a few set of cheap knock offs between 13x7 and 15x9 and probably a couple mis-mathced pairs of old jdm wheels as well. The engine will be getting the second exhaust cam setup with SOHC pistons and piggyback tuning, if I can make 175 rwhp I will be happy. Some of the cars that have inspired the look I will be going for

« Last Edit: 01:56:53 AM / 20-Sep-16 by Hitman Cody2130 »

Facebook Share    

Offline Hitman Cody2130

• n00b
  • Needs moar low
Re: S12 drift/street car dorisha style
« Reply #1 on: 02:33:23 AM / 15-Jun-16 »
Slight change of plans, I will be handling the front suspension install. I am still trying to decide how much of the full 180sx crossmember and suspension I want to put under the car. I have a 2 day drift event on July 2-3, hoping that I can have it done by then. If not I am going to throw my standard junkyard spring and shock combo at it so the car doesn't drag the door handles while sideways haha. On a much cooler note I have buddy who imports parts from japan who is working on finding me some cool old wheels

Offline iceageg

« Reply #2 on: 06:52:22 AM / 15-Jun-16 »
I am not a big fan of how Hoshino's are styled but there is something about the sharp angles of an S12 and hoshino's that just look great together.  Combine that with the racing history of the combination and I'm not sure there is a better choice . . . if you can source them.  Just my $0.02.  Good luck with the build!
I was afraid all the five gallon buckets of pain stacked four high were going to fall over

Offline Hitman Cody2130

• n00b
  • Needs moar low
« Reply #3 on: 09:54:37 AM / 15-Jun-16 »
Hoshino's would be cool, I dig most of the old style wheels so that makes things a bit easier. I was hoping that Atatra Racing was still making their Riverge reps as those rank among my favorite old wheel designs ever but looks like they dont have any coming this year, hoping I can get a set next spring

Offline D-sport S12

• Vehicle: 1986 Nissan S12
« Reply #4 on: 02:13:28 PM / 15-Jun-16 »
Neato. Look forward to seeing more
Jesse R

Keichi Tsuchiya: "I'm afraid if I raced you on the street I'd push you to your death."

Offline Hitman Cody2130

• n00b
  • Needs moar low
« Reply #5 on: 03:30:39 PM / 21-Jun-16 »
Mounted some tires by hand yesterday and grabbed some junkyard springs that should be stiff enough to get me by till I get the s13 front and rear setups under the car with the coilovers. Found out that the car needs to be one curb height lower to look how I want but we will have to see how low I can get while still having some front shock travel

Offline Hitman Cody2130

• n00b
  • Needs moar low
« Reply #6 on: 12:49:11 AM / 30-Jun-16 »
Rolled my fenders, added some front camber and lowered the car last night to get ready for drifting this weekend. Love the way the car sits with my huge tires on it. Need to get some 195/50 and lower it a bit more but it will do for now

Have a few small things to get ready for the weekend of tire killing but it should be fun!
« Last Edit: 01:57:54 AM / 20-Sep-16 by Hitman Cody2130 »

Offline sideways_s12

• CS12 OG
  • Global Moderator
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1987 Nissan 200SX
  • Quit Fuckin around and start the car!
« Reply #7 on: 01:15:07 PM / 30-Jun-16 »
Looking good post vids if you can!

Offline deucekazoo

« Reply #8 on: 02:42:52 PM / 30-Jun-16 »
How did you roll the fenders? What did you use?

Offline Hitman Cody2130

• n00b
  • Needs moar low
« Reply #9 on: 05:43:30 PM / 30-Jun-16 »
I am trying to borrow a gopro from a buddy, I will try to get some video regardless. I used a fender roller to roll the fenders, a couple buddies and I all pitched in $20 each a year or so ago and bought a lakewood roller, has been well worth the money

Offline weitrhino

• Vehicle: 1985 Nissan 200SX
  • '85 Notch just cracked 46k miles! RIP '86 Notch
    • Blue Mouth Promotions LLC
« Reply #10 on: 06:11:53 PM / 30-Jun-16 »
Were the rolling and camber adjustments enough for the front? Still looks like a bit of hang out from the pics.

Offline Hitman Cody2130

• n00b
  • Needs moar low
« Reply #11 on: 09:22:21 PM / 30-Jun-16 »
Thr fronts line up with the edge of the fender, might have 1/4" of poke. I ran out of time and die grinder bits to get more camber in the front. I am going to grab some cheap s13 camber plates so I can fix it down the road but I figured whatever camber I could get for this weekend would be a hood start

Offline Hitman Cody2130

• n00b
  • Needs moar low
« Reply #12 on: 01:01:17 AM / 03-Jul-16 »
https://www.facebook.com/cody.tillie/videos/1211378155569116/
Quick video of today, car has decided to be a pain, pretty sure I blew a fuseable link after having to fix my alternator, alternator belt and a few other things. Car held up well other than that
Had a killer time at the track, car held up well. Went through two lug studs, an alternator belt, four tires, large amounts of beer and rum, a full tank of fuel, a gnarly sunburn and probably 60-80 laps of the track. Know what I need to work on before I go out again, the suspension is far to soft both in spring rate and damping, the stock seat is teri-bad and I need to fix the camber at both ends of the car. Heres some pictures to keep everyone happy, I'll post up more pictures as I get them

« Last Edit: 01:59:33 AM / 20-Sep-16 by Hitman Cody2130 »

Offline Hitman Cody2130

• n00b
  • Needs moar low
« Reply #13 on: 12:32:07 AM / 05-Jul-16 »
« Last Edit: 02:00:14 AM / 20-Sep-16 by Hitman Cody2130 »

Offline Hitman Cody2130

• n00b
  • Needs moar low
« Reply #14 on: 05:40:47 PM / 19-Jul-16 »
Headed to take the s12 on a camping trip this weekend work will begin again on the car, have a stock s14 seat we will be throwing in, going to do some "Hibino" style flared front fenders along with getting my s13 front suspension on once I extend the lcas. Pretty stoked for the next round of mods

Offline Hitman Cody2130

• n00b
  • Needs moar low
« Reply #15 on: 05:57:32 PM / 18-Sep-16 »
S13 front suspension and brakes are on the car as well as 60llb/in rear springs and 1980 E-150 shocks, it rides stiff but well controlled. Cant wait to get a real alignment and get the toe zeroed out in the back so the car handles correctly.

Offline Hitman Cody2130

• n00b
  • Needs moar low
« Reply #16 on: 09:57:44 PM / 26-Sep-16 »
Went and had a photoshoot the other day, my buddy made the car look amazing

« Last Edit: 09:52:43 PM / 27-Sep-16 by Hitman Cody2130 »

Offline sideways_s12

• CS12 OG
  • Global Moderator
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1987 Nissan 200SX
  • Quit Fuckin around and start the car!
« Reply #17 on: 11:15:10 PM / 21-May-17 »
Need to lower or raise one of the lights lol other than that looking good!