Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: digital speedometer issues  (Read 100 times)

Offline deucekazoo

digital speedometer issues
« on: 10:31:28 AM / 12-Apr-17 »
The other things on the gauge cluster work its just the speed numbers work sometimes and sometimes it just shows 0. I cleaned the connector at the sending unit and that did not really do anything. I will try to trouble shoot it this weekend but was wondering if anyone had this issue and if they had any recommendations where to start or what to look at. I think my issue might be at the cluster itself. Sometimes when I hit a larger bump it started to work but now it does not. Its more at 0 than showing the speed. It actually showed fine for a few weeks. Also I did get it to work yesterday for a little while but when I was just sitting still it was jumping between 2 and 5 mph. Never had that happen. On the way to work this morning it worked fine, but drove it again and its back to 0 at all times. Any help or hints appreciated.

Facebook Share    

Offline Cajun1guy

• Old fart (pedoro numero uno)
  • Vehicle: 1984 Nissan 200SX
Re: digital speedometer issues
« Reply #1 on: 01:42:53 PM / 12-Apr-17 »
Is the drive cable to the sensor intact? I had to go through several speed sensors before I got one that worked. They are scarce, don't know if Rock Auto has them but they have a lot of stuff that I did not think was out there.

Offline S12_Lifer

• S12 for life!
Re: digital speedometer issues
« Reply #2 on: 11:15:07 PM / 12-Apr-17 »
Common problem with the digi dash.  Bad speed sensor.  I have a couple.  Send me an email.