Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Short shifter revisited  (Read 41 times)

Online deucekazoo

Short shifter revisited
« on: 04:54:47 PM / 15-Jun-17 »
I have a 1986 turbo with manual and would like to put in a short shifter. I have read through some threads about the different transmission and also the different shifter setups. I did find a link to one called the Phase 2 Short Shifter V3 which is for the S13 and S14 cars. It looks like it would fit but the mounting holes look backwards. The new shifter I have mentioned is the only one that looks like it has the bottom plate bolted on. The rest of them are in one piece. I was thinking I could just flip the plate around and use it. Just wanted to see if anyone has done this, if it works and if the holes line up. Here are a few pics to show what I am talking about.

Here is my shifter. If you notice the middle bolts that hold the shifter down they are staggered. The right side bolt is closer to the shifter ball joint than the left side.

On this shifter for the S13 and S14 they are opposite. The hole closer to the shifter ball is on the left side.

From this picture you can see the shifter is in two pieces. So I was thinking I can unbolt them and flip the main plate around.

So what do you guys think?
« Last Edit: 05:08:03 PM / 15-Jun-17 by deucekazoo »

Facebook Share