How To: Frankenshock/spring Setup (kyb Agx/canuck Springs)

Started by sam31183, 10:15:20 PM / 09-Apr-10

Previous topic - Next topic

cheesemachine

So just for the record, I began chopping and shortening the tubes for the mr2 front shocks, got the whole thing all nicely welded together and painted, back in the car ready to go, and my wheels didn't fit because they hit the lower spring cup on the strut tube.  this was just a stupid mistake, not thinking enough about it before doing it, but just to give a heads up for anyone trying this with stock wheel spacing and coils that are same width as stock.  hopefully I am getting something with zero offset soon and I am going to roll my fenders outwards to keep em covered up. 

nismo_200sx

i rub stock with lowering springs on stock struts in the front idk why that shit happens either
1987 Nissan 200sx

Arro

You don't need to roll your fenders with zero offset wheels if you just run 195's in the front. All I had to do was grab my fender lips with my hands and pull up hard a few times to tweak them. Now they fit great. The wheel lip is outside the fender lip but a 195 keeps the tire inside the lip:

-Jason Arro

'85 Nissan 200SX (KA24DE)
formerly,
'85 Nissan Silvia RS-X - FJ20 w/ dual Weber carbs
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo
Drive it like you stole it, and work on it like you married it - self quote
Quote from: ka-t.orgHella flush and all associates should be gunned down for brainwashing people into thinking a 225 and lots of camber is proper wheel fitment. THAT IS EASY, anyone can camber a skinny as tire till it dosnt rub. Now fitting an 11 with a 315 on stock fender with reasonable camber, that is fitment. And looks, and performs better than both.
Quote from: s-chassis_only on 07:43:21 PM / 25-Sep-10 i dont own a s12 at the moment but trying to acquire one to get rid of my s13 hatch
Quote from: SHOUTBOX[27:54] zastaba: I had a friend touch the contacts on his distributer once
[28:04] zastaba: He did the super jumping up and down pain dance

nissanman22

i got cannucks on my hatch,

how much should i cut off of my rear coils to level the car put?

turbo-s12