Widebody Strawberry Faced VQ30DET S13 Ute

Started by Drfsta, 03:50:11 AM / 20-Aug-05

Previous topic - Next topic

Drfsta

Well.. What can I say.  (Except congrats to this guy!!)
I just thought some of you may appreciate this build?

Must be one of a kind..

1984 S12  :love:

oldschoolsilvia

Something needs some paint...... :-P

Awesome car tho...... ;-)

Magnum

Dan

If you want your car to be cheap and fast it wont be reliable...
If you want your car to be reliable and cheap it wont be fast...
If you want your car to be fast and reliable it wont be cheap...

Premo

almost looks like a shortened up, body kit\'d holden.  i like it!  there a website w/any sort of specs?
They speak of my drinking, but they never consider my thirst
-Scottish proverb

Quote from: EternalSwapThe Greeks contributed to many things in our culture, such as olives, gyros, Lenny Kravitz, anal sex and Oedipus.
premo + hillkill + lots-o-beer =
youtube.com/watch?v=lEecn6pLWLM
youtube.com/watch?v=f0YqCtd96f4

Cavi Mike

http://www.myspace.com/cavimike

------------------------
All Cars Would Be Yellow If Not for the Matchy-Matchy Laws
Teacher: So, as you can see, this car in the picture reduces air resistance and can accelerate faster.
Student #1, chuckling: Yeah, and plus, it's yellow, so that makes it faster, too.
Teacher, laughing: Haha, yeah, very true.
Student #2: Wait, really?

--Physics class, St. Ann's School

Overheard by: Mike N
------------------------

Dan0myte

Wow. VQ30DET. Amazing engine. I really wonder why people haven\'t made more of a fuss over this engine. It\'s much more potent than the SR20DET, and only slightly more weight.
Dan Aho - Member #1 ;)
2010 Nissan Sentra SE-R
1997 Nissan Maxima SE
2002 Triumph Sprint RS

Dr.Evil

I don\'t think its a sport ute. I think the hatch door is off the car.
86 notch

My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds- pretty standard really. At the age of twelve I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum... it's breathtaking- I highly suggest you try it. see you in tee

Nemisis

No, I\'ve seen an S13 like that before. I think its some Japanese Drifting team has 3 S13s: 1 Hatch, 1 Notch and 1 pickup conversion. They look cool, I\'ll try to find pics of what I\'m talking about.

But as far as the S15-cool, Made it wide bodied- more cool, pickup conversion- Really ****in cool, and lastly, the VQ30-sweeeeeet. Now wait, someone should do that same thing, but with a VQ45DETT (If they could get one) :devil:
May she rest in peace 07-12-06
1984 Nissan Silvia RS12 CA18ET

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2015 Ford Fiesta base model... and I mean BASE- Manual crank windows and no cruise control.

1986 Nissan 300ZX Turbo 5spd T-top *Project: White Knight*

Cavi Mike

QuoteI don\'t think its a sport ute. I think the hatch door is off the car.
There\'s a split sliding window in the back, it\'s definitely converted.
http://www.myspace.com/cavimike

------------------------
All Cars Would Be Yellow If Not for the Matchy-Matchy Laws
Teacher: So, as you can see, this car in the picture reduces air resistance and can accelerate faster.
Student #1, chuckling: Yeah, and plus, it's yellow, so that makes it faster, too.
Teacher, laughing: Haha, yeah, very true.
Student #2: Wait, really?

--Physics class, St. Ann's School

Overheard by: Mike N
------------------------

Dr.Evil

QuoteThere\'s a split sliding window in the back, it\'s definitely converted.

That would be the perfect Saskatchewan drift car/truck. You could haul you hay out to the animals sideways!
86 notch

My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds- pretty standard really. At the age of twelve I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum... it's breathtaking- I highly suggest you try it. see you in tee

oldschoolsilvia

Its a sil-camino (spelling??)..............

Nebuchernezzer

There have been several silvia and 180sx based utes made.  The one most people have seen is Kumakubo\'s orange one that is in the US last i heard.  There was also a blue one built by K-Style.  There is one or two in australia to although i think they are unfinished as well.
Not sure if i like it with an S15 nose but looks like alot of work went into it.

If looks could kill you'd have eyes like cyanide...
http://www.cardomain.com/id/zeruel

Nemisis

I like the S15 nose. Not sure why... But yea, it really is a Sil-Camino

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2015 Ford Fiesta base model... and I mean BASE- Manual crank windows and no cruise control.

Ricochet

That body kit looks atrocious  :throwup:
Look how big and goudy the rear bumper is, and the front one looks like a newer Accord or something. All that shit laying on top of Mustang wannabe wheels too.. The only thing going for it is the engine and headlights.

Nemisis

QuoteThat body kit looks atrocious  :throwup:
Look how big and goudy the rear bumper is, and the front one looks like a newer Accord or something. All that shit laying on top of Mustang wannabe wheels too.. The only thing going for it is the engine and headlights.

Hey, everything looks like shit when its only like 45% done. This thing has a long way to go. And even still, there isn\'t a good shot of the rear bumper so why judge something that isn\'t in a good view. Thats like a blind guy saying that something LOOKS like crap... All I\'m saying is don\'t be so quick to judge.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

haunter

QuoteWow. VQ30DET. Amazing engine. I really wonder why people haven\'t made more of a fuss over this engine. It\'s much more potent than the SR20DET, and only slightly more weight.

um..............I would bet its alot more weight, those things take up more room than a small block chevy, they are HUGE, even if it is all aluminum its still gotta be piggie, esp after you thrown on intercoolers and turbos

how much do they supposedly weight?  and what does a SR20DET weigh?

I personnally dont care for the looks of that car, but I bet it hauls some ass when its done which is all that really matters

Dan0myte

Quoteum..............I would bet its alot more weight
Nope, you\'d be wrong. I lurk on Hybridz.org, where people are putting every single engine known to man into Datsun Z\'s. Some of them are just nuts on that board. Anyways, one guy had an SR20DET that was going into his 240SX, and had just picked up a VQ30DE for his Z project. The complete SR engine weighed around 435lbs, and the complete VQ engine weighed around 465lbs. 30 pound difference. The super short ~70mm stroke with a big ~95mm bore make the VQ extremely smooth up to any RPM, it produces 222hp stock with the variable intake in non-turbo form and it produces useable, smooth horsepower from any RPM.

The old FastMaxima.com website is now defunct, but the guy who ran it had a 1997 Maxima with a single turbo kit and nitrous which put down ~450hp to the wheels on the completely untouched 1997 VQ30DE block that came with the car. The VQ30 is an extremely good V6, I\'m a huge fan of it.

The VQ35DE, that\'s another story... I think they may have messed up the design with all the punching and boring of the  block. I don\'t know. Even with the extra power, I don\'t like it as much.
Dan Aho - Member #1 ;)
2010 Nissan Sentra SE-R
1997 Nissan Maxima SE
2002 Triumph Sprint RS

haunter

QuoteNope, you\'d be wrong. I lurk on Hybridz.org, where people are putting every single engine known to man into Datsun Z\'s. Some of them are just nuts on that board. Anyways, one guy had an SR20DET that was going into his 240SX, and had just picked up a VQ30DE for his Z project. The complete SR engine weighed around 435lbs, and the complete VQ engine weighed around 465lbs. 30 pound difference. The super short ~70mm stroke with a big ~95mm bore make the VQ extremely smooth up to any RPM, it produces 222hp stock with the variable intake in non-turbo form and it produces useable, smooth horsepower from any RPM.

thast rediculous!  same weight range as GM LS engines as well, with all aluminum SBF\'s a bit lighter than the SR20

I\'m, am so interested in how much the new LS7 weights with it being all aluminum and titanium.

Drfsta

I agree w Nemesis? in that you cant judge until you\'ve seen the final product, and I do beleive the rear is being trimmed to suit..
Im unsure if this guy is going twins as yet but either way it\'ll be one torquey beast. Built for drift. I could almost gaurantee those wheels aren\'t there to stay either..

Siluty?  ;-)
1984 S12  :love:

Umai Naa

never liked the sil-utey idea, just tolerated it.

wouldn\'t mind a s15-nosed 180, though.