Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 2.0 not starting  (Read 872 times)

Offline s12_yeah

• n00b
2.0 not starting
« on: 12:34:06 AM / 20-Dec-05 »
i got this car it wasn\'t running but i made it run for awhile it had a little missfire. the first thing was that the coils weren\'t getting good connection.

i cleaned out the gas filter for now by blowing out the gas and reinstalling it. then i wanted to install a tach tried a few wires on the distrubitor for it. then went to start it up and i get nothing? i smell gas so i think it\'s getting gas in there. what i think is the problem is spark i tried to get the coil a little better b/c it was lose but nothing it won\'t fire. what could be the problem? any ideas will help since i don\'t know this engine verry well since i just got it. thanks sorry for the miss spelling of words.

Facebook Share    

Offline yhave8

• http://
2.0 not starting
« Reply #1 on: 01:12:54 AM / 20-Dec-05 »
check fuel pump fuel fuse and vaccum lines and fule filter this should narrow it down a hole lot

Offline NoLiftShift

• n00b
    • http://www.noliftshift.com
2.0 not starting
« Reply #2 on: 03:36:15 AM / 20-Dec-05 »
you wired up the tach wrong and its grouding out the coil.  remove your tach wires from the coil and see if it starts.

Offline s12_yeah

• n00b
2.0 not starting
« Reply #3 on: 05:44:42 PM / 20-Dec-05 »
yeah i think i did wire it wrong i did remove the tach but still it won\'t start tonight i\'ll get working on the fuel stuff. it\'s making a clicking noise where the distrubitor connects to the vacum lines? one goes to the intake side. i think it also has a big electrical problem, but i\'ll keep you guys posted thanks for the help.