Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Ghetto-tech: DIY extra fuel setups  (Read 6873 times)

Offline honest_jim

• http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=325225
Ghetto-tech: DIY extra fuel setups
« on: 08:48:19 PM / 05-Apr-06 »
i never liked the idea of extra in injectors either and went with CADET injectors and SAFC on my s12.
I have recently fitted 2 extra injectors on my starion though and they work great. There running off a Haltech F5 injector driver (off ebay) which just lets you easily adjust the cut in point (boost level) and also the amount of fuel the fire in which then rises with revs.

Its running 18psi at the momment and the wideband o2 map is also suprisingly smooth, admititedly after a bit of tweeking.
« Last Edit: 12:58:45 PM / 16-Oct-06 by honest_jim »

Facebook Share    

Offline Arro

• Administrator
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1985 Nissan 200SX
    • http://www.cardomain.com/id/arro200sx
« Reply #1 on: 09:23:48 PM / 05-Apr-06 »
Quote from: honest_jim
i never liked the idea of extra in injectors either and went with CADET injectors and SAFC on my s12.
I have recently fitted 2 extra injectors on my starion though and they work great. There running off a Haltech F5 injector driver (off ebay) which just lets you easily adjust the cut in point (boost level) and also the amount of fuel the fire in which then rises with revs.

Its running 18psi at the momment and the wideband o2 map is also suprisingly smooth, admititedly after a bit of tweeking.

Extra injectors are a way to get around smog laws.. as long as they don't see or know what they are, and you turn your boost down, your extra fuel will never kick in, and you'll always pass emmissions (provided everything is in good working order).

The adjustable pressure switch from NAPA is the cheaper alternative to what Jim is using.

When you start changing injector sizes and screwing with AFC's and the like, your smog gets screwy. It's your choice.

How ya been Jim? Glad to see you're still on here. Hope all is well with the Starion. I like those things and want a StarQuest one day.
« Last Edit: 01:23:41 PM / 08-Aug-09 by Arro »
-Jason Arro

'85 Nissan 200SX (KA24DE)
formerly,
'85 Nissan Silvia RS-X - FJ20 w/ dual Weber carbs
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo
Drive it like you stole it, and work on it like you married it - self quote
Quote from: ka-t.org
Hella flush and all associates should be gunned down for brainwashing people into thinking a 225 and lots of camber is proper wheel fitment. THAT IS EASY, anyone can camber a skinny as tire till it dosnt rub. Now fitting an 11 with a 315 on stock fender with reasonable camber, that is fitment. And looks, and performs better than both.
i dont own a s12 at the moment but trying to acquire one to get rid of my s13 hatch
Quote from: SHOUTBOX
[27:54] zastaba: I had a friend touch the contacts on his distributer once
[28:04] zastaba: He did the super jumping up and down pain dance

Offline pukkaSILVIA

• http://www.speed-junkies.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: 04:11:13 PM / 02-Oct-06 »
The uk doesnt care much about emissions on pre 1992 cars.
S12oc Admin Rep

Offline Arro

• Administrator
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #3 on: 08:46:54 PM / 15-Jul-08 »
Ah, well.  The point of the thread is that the *secondary* benefit of extra injection is you can turn them off for emissions testing if your State or Country requires it.

But the primary reason to run a setup like described above is because it's cheap and easy and *simple* which means tuning is simpler, too.
« Last Edit: 10:55:17 PM / 12-Jan-09 by 200sxkitcar »
-Jason Arro

formerly,
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo
Hella flush and all associates should be gunned down for brainwashing people into thinking a 225 and lots of camber is proper wheel fitment. THAT IS EASY, anyone can camber a skinny as tire till it dosnt rub. Now fitting an 11 with a 315 on stock fender with reasonable camber, that is fitment. And looks, and performs better than both.
i dont own a s12 at the moment but trying to acquire one to get rid of my s13 hatch

Offline Nemisis

• S12 Guru
« Reply #4 on: 11:09:22 AM / 08-Aug-09 »
Hey, where did the rest of this thread go? I thought there was a writeup on what to get and how to wire and plumb everything? (or a general how-to)
May she rest in peace 07-12-06
1984 Nissan Silvia RS12 CA18ET

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1992 Dodge Colt (Mitsubishi Mirage) Daily beater- 4 speed stick, needs some rust repair- project abandon, must sell due to reliability issues. $500 takes the car and a bunch of goodies

1973 Volkswagen Super Beetle- Runs and drives perfect. Needs new drums all around and a speedo cable.

2007 Honda Ruckus- Awaiting funds for a 150cc GY6 motor swap, then probably gonna do a VW GTi K04 turbo conversion. ~put on hold for yet another year~

Offline Arro

• Administrator
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #5 on: 01:22:44 PM / 08-Aug-09 »
There was a crash back in '06 and some of the info was lost, including the first post here, which I wasn't aware of until you pointed it out, thanks

I'm gonna delete Jim's first post and quote it in mine underneath, update that post and re-add the relevant info, since I was the originator.
« Last Edit: 01:26:58 PM / 08-Aug-09 by Arro »
-Jason Arro

formerly,
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo

Offline Nemisis

• S12 Guru
« Reply #6 on: 03:54:09 PM / 08-Aug-09 »
If I remember right it was old Dodge turbo guy's tricks with a cold start injector from an old Saab, and a pressure sensor...

Man its been awhile.
May she rest in peace 07-12-06
1984 Nissan Silvia RS12 CA18ET

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1992 Dodge Colt (Mitsubishi Mirage) Daily beater- 4 speed stick, needs some rust repair- project abandon, must sell due to reliability issues. $500 takes the car and a bunch of goodies

1973 Volkswagen Super Beetle- Runs and drives perfect. Needs new drums all around and a speedo cable.

2007 Honda Ruckus- Awaiting funds for a 150cc GY6 motor swap, then probably gonna do a VW GTi K04 turbo conversion. ~put on hold for yet another year~