Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 86 200sx sr20det  (Read 4951 times)

Offline Equinox

• n00b
86 200sx sr20det
« on: 10:04:10 PM / 19-Apr-06 »
hey everyone,

I just recently bought a 1986 200sx 5spd and a friend is offfering a sr20det for a good price. The motor he is offering is coming with the ecu, turbo, harness, and 5spd trans, how much work would it be to swap the 5spd trans the sr20 is coming with in place of the stock 5 spd? Do the rearend gears differ at all from the japanese car to that of the us 200sx i have sitting in the garage?    If i get it how hard would it be to swap into the s12 and what exactly would i have to do?  Also im having a very hard time finding any aftermarket for this car   ie any strut tower bars, body kits and so on

(especially seeing the braces in the trunk of this car and under the hood  [url]http://www.cardomain.com/ride/627008/8[/a] )  

so if any of you know where i could pick either of those up i would greatly appreciate it  :)

Facebook Share    

Offline yhave8

• http://
86 200sx sr20det
« Reply #1 on: 10:15:48 PM / 19-Apr-06 »
ita all ready here just start looking and reading :wink:

Offline Nemisis

• S12 Guru
86 200sx sr20det
« Reply #2 on: 11:13:28 PM / 19-Apr-06 »
Hahaha, dude said aftermarket...

Oh wait, its not as funny anymore. There are an increased amount of \"goodies\" out there, you just need to search. May take awhile, and alot of reading, but you\'ll find what you\'re looking for. Alot of times you can do very simple and easy swaps to improve the fun and driving quality of the S12 so you don\'t become as eager or desperate for huge power gains or low ass suspension drops.

Search, and ye shall recieve.
May she rest in peace 07-12-06
1984 Nissan Silvia RS12 CA18ET

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1992 Dodge Colt (Mitsubishi Mirage) Daily beater- 4 speed stick, needs some rust repair- project abandon, must sell due to reliability issues. $500 takes the car and a bunch of goodies

1973 Volkswagen Super Beetle- Runs and drives perfect. Needs new drums all around and a speedo cable.

2007 Honda Ruckus- Awaiting funds for a 150cc GY6 motor swap, then probably gonna do a VW GTi K04 turbo conversion. ~put on hold for yet another year~

Offline Equinox

• n00b
86 200sx sr20det
« Reply #3 on: 06:26:38 PM / 21-Apr-06 »
started tearing apart the rearend today to get the control arms off to replace with better ones, however after taking off the rear end cover i am stumped as how to get the axles removed,  is there some sort of a clip holding them in on each side? Or do i have to completely remove the gears to get them out?  i put the car in neutral and moved one fo the axles so that i could see the gears, the only thing is that the only bolts i can see are on the left side of the bigger gear  (from looking at the rearend behind the car)  are these the bolts that will allow me to remove the gears to swap out the axles?

Also a friend offered a built ka motor that he completely went through, however ive been seeing Rb20det\'s going for around the $1000-1200 range  (i would love to swap in the i6 motor) which ones would be easier to swap in and wouldnt require as much fabrication and time?

Offline westside27375

• Honored Veterans
  • S12 Guru
    • http://www.cardomain.com/id/westside27375
86 200sx sr20det
« Reply #4 on: 10:58:35 PM / 21-Apr-06 »
dunno about the readend..but if cheap is what your after..then KA is your best bet.

SR is nice..but when it breaks down...you\'ll be paying for parts outa your ass.

Ka is way cheaper and there are write ups on how to accomplish it.
Travis Hatt
85 Nissan 200sx w/CA18ET: SOLD

Offline nismo200sx16

• http://www.cardomain.com/id/nismo200sx20
86 200sx sr20det
« Reply #5 on: 11:48:19 PM / 21-Apr-06 »
you don\'t have to take out the axles to remove the control arms. they un bolt from the hubs. but if you still are taking out the axles and you don\'t see how they come out I am guessing you have a r180 diff. they just pop out. but you have to unbolt them from the hub and drop the axle down first.

Offline Equinox

• n00b
86 200sx sr20det
« Reply #6 on: 09:50:54 PM / 25-Apr-06 »
thanks for the informaiton so far guys.

did a tune up on it today come to find out the #1 cylinder isn\'t even moving, so now i have to get a motor swap  :)     about the ka motor i spoke of before he compeltely went through it. What all would i have to do to swap it into my 86 200sx with the 5spd and ca n/a motor?   would anything needed to be fabbed up like motor mounts or anything?  Also the motor is coming with the ecu 5 spd trans and all. Will the ka24 bolt up to my stock 5 spd trans or would i be better of swapping in the ka trans as well?   Ive read on a few different posts that one trans is longer then the other so would i need a driveshaft made?

Offline Gus

86 200sx sr20det
« Reply #7 on: 02:12:11 AM / 08-May-06 »
ok.. you wont need to custom fabricate any mounts..  I believe it bolts up into the stock locations..  you have to use your stock trans if you dont want to get a custom driveshaft made and cutting into your interior..  ca trans+ ka bellhousing= fits w/o anything custom made...

Offline rage

• S12 Guru
86 200sx sr20det
« Reply #8 on: 05:07:47 AM / 08-May-06 »
if you can bolt a ka bellhousing on a ca trans, you can bolt a sr bellhousing onto the ca trans too

TX > CA

Offline Hifey_s12

• n00b
86 200sx sr20det
« Reply #9 on: 06:04:53 PM / 22-Feb-07 »
hey fellas im new and i got one simple (well kinda) question....Does anyone sell custon motor and tranny mounts for an sr20det(s13) swap into and 1986 200sx ca20e(motors out) i would really apreciate it and i aint cheap so im willing to pay a reasonable price for these mounts thanks for your time

Offline TalkingGoats

• S12 Guru
86 200sx sr20det
« Reply #10 on: 06:23:17 PM / 22-Feb-07 »
Hifey S12... Search button located ^^^^^

Difference between a notch and a hatch..... Hatch. You open the back.. and you can see the inside the car o.o.... and a notch has a trunk.....
I'd rather be a matchstick than a lighter.

Offline Hifey_s12

• n00b
86 200sx sr20det
« Reply #11 on: 10:14:14 PM / 22-Feb-07 »
ok well the main reason i dun wanna use my old tranny is that it grinds a bit in 1st and second lol and im actually tryin to build the car from ground up im not even workin on the front end atm just askin cause im debatin on wether to get a ca18det or sr20det right now considerin sr20 just cause of its drift history (btw im a drifter and mountain racer ill have the pic of "my mountain" cause no one can beat me down that bad boy) right now im workin on the rearend and man its a fkin job i took it apart and those bushings are fked lol not to mention brakes. so im just lookin for more power cause i dont need to break the back loose too much on the mountain except for the 20mph speed limit corners which are almost a u turn lol but ill seriously get some pics up and see if anyone here wants to play i dun care about winning i just love the car the sport and the adrenaline. btw if ya do come to cali which is where the mountain is lets show these fkin honda what pieces of shiat they are lol phuck hondas

well thats one long arse post but thats just a lil bout me since im new to the page well not rly just did sign up just read forums lol well hit me back if u wanna come down lates

Offline Nameless

86 200sx sr20det
« Reply #12 on: 10:36:57 PM / 22-Feb-07 »
Quote from: Hifey_s12
ok well the main reason i dun wanna use my old tranny is that it grinds a bit in 1st and second lol and im actually tryin to build the car from ground up im not even workin on the front end atm just askin cause im debatin on wether to get a ca18det or sr20det right now considerin sr20 just cause of its drift history (btw im a drifter and mountain racer ill have the pic of "my mountain" cause no one can beat me down that bad boy) right now im workin on the rearend and man its a fkin job i took it apart and those bushings are fked lol not to mention brakes. so im just lookin for more power cause i dont need to break the back loose too much on the mountain except for the 20mph speed limit corners which are almost a u turn lol but ill seriously get some pics up and see if anyone here wants to play i dun care about winning i just love the car the sport and the adrenaline. btw if ya do come to cali which is where the mountain is lets show these fkin honda what pieces of shiat they are lol phuck hondas

well thats one long arse post but thats just a lil bout me since im new to the page well not rly just did sign up just read forums lol well hit me back if u wanna come down lates

Thats a joke post right? "(btw im a drifter and mountain racer ill have the pic of "my mountain" cause no one can beat me down that bad boy) " LMAO come on.
1986 Nissan 200sx Notchback *sold*
1992 Volkswagen GTI VR6

Offline Hifey_s12

• n00b
86 200sx sr20det
« Reply #13 on: 10:41:00 PM / 22-Feb-07 »
lmao im dead serious these retards cant take a corner for shiat i beat a chevy cobalt in my 97 vw jetta i swear to god its that they all drive hondas and they all DRAG RACE no skill involved bro just straight line when it comes to corners theyr heavy on the breaks and smash the gas too hard on exit causing understear cause of the whole front wheel drive deal anyways im just sayin i dun care bout winnin and i dun care if ya dun believe me i know i beat em but yea i have a race wit a 300hp mustag lol thats why im buildin my car cause no way to beat him stock he would kill me on the short straights (not many but enough) as far as his driving i dunno havent seen him drive

Offline Nameless

86 200sx sr20det
« Reply #14 on: 10:45:18 PM / 22-Feb-07 »
So your a drifter and drive a front wheel drive car down your initial d mountain? First i totally believe you, so many idiots street racing its not even funny. So please, either stop telling stories or go drive your jetta off a cliff, before you hurt someone else.
1992 Volkswagen GTI VR6

Offline Hifey_s12

• n00b
86 200sx sr20det
« Reply #15 on: 10:50:59 PM / 22-Feb-07 »
lol first off the only reason i raced the jetta is cause my car is in parts im sayin when i had my 200 runnin i raced hondas i was just sayin i beat a cobalt in a jetta in other words any drift/grip/mountain racer would kill em and i aint drivin off no mountain (well almost once) but if u dun try and practice youll never get better right now the money is whats holdin me back from completin my project but ur welcome to come down anytime anyways if ur in central cali sometime lemme know and ill show u how we race it aint side by side im crazy but not stupid lol i know my limits anyways why u hatin im just postin i aint bragin im just sayin hondas and drag racers and shiat lol

oops one more thing its a secluded road so if u think ima hit other cars no lol only trees lmao and i think youd like it once i put up pics

Offline Redneck

86 200sx sr20det
« Reply #16 on: 11:01:33 PM / 22-Feb-07 »
Quote from: Hifey_s12
lol first off the only reason i raced the jetta is cause my car is in parts im sayin when i had my 200 runnin i raced hondas i was just sayin i beat a cobalt in a jetta in other words any drift/grip/mountain racer would kill em and i aint drivin off no mountain (well almost once) but if u dun try and practice youll never get better right now the money is whats holdin me back from completin my project but ur welcome to come down anytime anyways if ur in central cali sometime lemme know and ill show u how we race it aint side by side im crazy but not stupid lol i know my limits anyways why u hatin im just postin i aint bragin im just sayin hondas and drag racers and shiat lol

FIrst my rims are horrible, than there ok when painted black , now my cars horrible, now my fenders are to much after i was told i couldnt do it.... Lol club s12 ftw.....  Only here have Ive been told they look like shit..... SOrry its not bone stock with crown vic rims running the stock vg making 130whp and looks generic like every other one. My car looks dope ive been told this a billion times on local forums....

Offline Hifey_s12

• n00b
86 200sx sr20det
« Reply #17 on: 11:05:14 PM / 22-Feb-07 »
well i just feel drag racin is all about power and as little weight as possible lol and gettin good shifts but drift circuit and all that i thinks is a little tougher in my opinion maybe we can even start a thread bout this but i aint tryna fight on here im just lax and wanna meet fellow s12/200sx/gazelle owners so anyways the drag racin thing is for another topic lol i was just introducin myself didnt mean to offend anyone or piss anyone off for some reason nameless took it the wrong way but thats him

Offline S12_2_NV

• n00b
86 200sx sr20det
« Reply #18 on: 06:32:40 PM / 11-Mar-07 »
LMFAO this shit just keeps getting better and better by the min. putting a sr in a 200 is joke thats all i gotta say

12.006@113mph on stock motor with 350whp

Offline Nameless

86 200sx sr20det
« Reply #19 on: 06:54:57 PM / 11-Mar-07 »
I didnt take anything the wrong way, LMFAO Someone has been watching a little too much initial d.
1992 Volkswagen GTI VR6