YEAH!! i finally picked up my s12 today!!

Started by *Xx~Zeppelin~xX*, 10:32:12 PM / 25-May-06

Previous topic - Next topic

*Xx~Zeppelin~xX*

I finally picked up my s12 today and i love it :biggrin: it has some kinda exhaust system on it (looks pretty well made, but no name) and a K&N dropin filter and it hauls ass, and i haven\'t even put it to the floor yet :biggrin:

any suggestions on cheap, effective upgrades would be much appericiated.  BTW this site rocks, ive spent the last few days looking at almost every post since the begining just reading, and thanks for the help and info to all.

i\'m honered to be among you all as a proud s12 owner.
*tagline deleted for violation of the rules*

Premo

welcome to the club.  be sure to post pics of that bad ass machine of yours! :D
They speak of my drinking, but they never consider my thirst
-Scottish proverb

Quote from: EternalSwapThe Greeks contributed to many things in our culture, such as olives, gyros, Lenny Kravitz, anal sex and Oedipus.
premo + hillkill + lots-o-beer =
youtube.com/watch?v=lEecn6pLWLM
youtube.com/watch?v=f0YqCtd96f4

oldschoolsilvia

yhave8

sam31183

2 new turbo owners in one day...this has got to be some kind of record.

Dave Coleman for President of Earth!!!!
Build Thread Hatch CA18DET Eventually a Track Whore
Build Thread Notch KA24DE Daily Driver

Quote from: Kustamogenhaha me modding would be a disaster.....Id get all power hungry and  demand n00dz from everyone. Then make all the canadian s12er's come here  and massage my feet and make me jello pudding.

Actually....mod powers plz?!?!?!  0:)
Quote from: Shark808 on 02:17:44 PM / 13-Dec-11
Tedious?  This coming from a person who uses the word twice in a sentence?  I laughed repeatedly...

Nemisis

Wisconsin huh?! Where you at! I\'m in Racine, and there is another very active member in Beloit.

Post pics!!!
May she rest in peace 07-12-06
1984 Nissan Silvia RS12 CA18ET

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2015 Ford Fiesta base model... and I mean BASE- Manual crank windows and no cruise control.

1986 Nissan 300ZX Turbo 5spd T-top *Project: White Knight*

Morrow

I'm picking up a new Turbo S12 on Tuesday :D
1987 200SX Turbo :(RIP:(
Currently Driving: 2002 VW GTI 1.8T :D

myth_S12

*Xx~Zeppelin~xX*

im in stevens point (right in the middle of wis) and picts will be here shortly

Morrow

I'll post pics of mine as well when I get my lappy.  I have no way of doing it right now. I'm posting from work :P
lol
1987 200SX Turbo :(RIP:(
Currently Driving: 2002 VW GTI 1.8T :D

*Xx~Zeppelin~xX*

heres the picts ive been slacking on putting up

still dont know what kind of exhaust that is, (havent asked the guy i got it from yet) but it sounds bad ass. (real low rumble, not that honda farting in a tin can sound)

also sorry if i posted picts wrong, this was my 1st time

Radracer_S

totally sweet! Errr, the red radio bezel looks out of place though.

Power is Nuttin without control!!!!
1984 Nissan 200sx SR20DET GT2871R Silvia   
1994 Toyota 4x4 V6 ext cab  Daily driver
2001 Honda VLX 600 Shadow Customhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/291681

*Xx~Zeppelin~xX*

Quote from: Radracer_S
totally sweet! Errr, the red radio bezel looks out of place though.

yeah thats how it was when i got it, and theres nothing behind it, no ashtray and stuff, and its broken and glued, so im gonna get some plastic and make it look nice

also if anyone notices anything i missed, mods or other wise, let me know

Gopher

U got a electric fan set up in there?  It also looks like you have a different down pipe too what kinda turbo is in there?
Fashion can be bought, style you must possess.

*Xx~Zeppelin~xX*

no electric fan, and im pretty shure its the stock turbo.  ill get some picts of it closer soon.  yeah it looks like a different down pipe cause its all shiny and new looking, same with exhaust, all the way from the turbo back, the cat and muffler, all shiny and new.  no idea what they are but ill contact the guy i got it from, but i dont think he put this stuff on.

i got this how it stands, except i put the head unit in (and baldy i might add, hehe)  with 120,000 new clutch, and what ever else for $1,000 usd. think i got a good deal??  id gladly pay that again.

oh yeah how do i tell when my car was made?  its an 86 so im confused on the whole mkI mkI.5 and mkII thing.

Nemisis

Quote from: *Xx~Zeppelin~xX*
no electric fan, and im pretty shure its the stock turbo.  ill get some picts of it closer soon.  yeah it looks like a different down pipe cause its all shiny and new looking, same with exhaust, all the way from the turbo back, the cat and muffler, all shiny and new.  no idea what they are but ill contact the guy i got it from, but i dont think he put this stuff on.

i got this how it stands, except i put the head unit in (and baldy i might add, hehe)  with 120,000 new clutch, and what ever else for $1,000 usd. think i got a good deal??  id gladly pay that again.

oh yeah how do i tell when my car was made?  its an 86 so im confused on the whole mkI mkI.5 and mkII thing.

Pretty sure its a MkI.5... its an 86 turbo, and 86 was the last year for the turbo. You probably have a rev limiter, I thinks it a little black box with wires running out of it directly under your air box (You'll have to remove it to find the box). Also it looks like you have a fiberglass spoiler, MkIs didn't have that as far as turbo cars. So I think its a safe bet you have a MkI.5.
May she rest in peace 07-12-06
1984 Nissan Silvia RS12 CA18ET

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2015 Ford Fiesta base model... and I mean BASE- Manual crank windows and no cruise control.

1986 Nissan 300ZX Turbo 5spd T-top *Project: White Knight*

Jsvob03

Quote from: *Xx~Zeppelin~xX*
...and a K&N dropin filter and it hauls ass...

I'd lose the K&N immediately! I run K&N on all my other cars, but not on the nissan. Our cars (pretty sure the Ca18 does anyhow) have a heated wire MAF. The filter oil CAN kill the MAF over time (heating n cooling cycles.) I have an HKS type filter, it works good, but ive read bad things about filtering capabilities. I'd say any type of filter that is a dry media would be ok.

ok, enough negativity..looks nice man, i want a turbo to play with eventually. You should check out the for sale section. "200sxSE" has a radio bezel that would pop right in for you. he has it listed at $10.

http://club-s12.org/v3/index.php?topic=13780

take it easy..

*Xx~Zeppelin~xX*

Quote from: Jsvob03
I'd lose the K&N immediately! I run K&N on all my other cars, but not on the nissan. Our cars (pretty sure the Ca18 does anyhow) have a heated wire MAF. The filter oil CAN kill the MAF over time (heating n cooling cycles.) I have an HKS type filter, it works good, but ive read bad things about filtering capabilities. I'd say any type of filter that is a dry media would be ok.

ok, enough negativity..looks nice man, i want a turbo to play with eventually. You should check out the for sale section. "200sxSE" has a radio bezel that would pop right in for you. he has it listed at $10.

http://club-s12.org/v3/index.php?topic=13780

take it easy..

thanks abunch man..  im looking for all the stuff that goes behind the bezel also..  and thanks for the tip on the filter

Quote from: Gopher
U got a electric fan set up in there?  It also looks like you have a different down pipe too what kinda turbo is in there?

isnt that teh up pipe you see in the pict?  thought the down pipe went outta the turbo to the exhaust..