RB25det, June 28th deadline - no sleep until completion. then beer.

Started by RB25sx - SLPR, 10:34:33 PM / 13-Jun-06

Previous topic - Next topic

RB25sx - SLPR

Everyone starts somewhere, and in this guy's case - he probably didn't have enough steering lock to recover from the spin. ALSO I did smush in his minty minty fresh corolla - he's a buddy but he lost his cool a bit and we laughed about it later.

Keep drifting fun, y'know?

-Dan

Deezus

I like to make an agreement with anyone i tandem with

"if we bump, its mutual. No matter what."

Quote from: hotdoghogie on 03:30:07 PM / 15-Oct-10
Deez why the flip are you so smart sometimes.

Quote from: Arro on 03:02:02 PM / 25-Jul-11
OMFG THE TROLL IS OUT!

Quote from: Athens on 11:48:05 AM / 28-Jul-11
Deezus is always in maximum trollverdrive mode.

D-sport S12

Quote from: Deezus on 02:28:18 AM / 10-Aug-11
I like to make an agreement with anyone i tandem with

"if we bump, its mutual. No matter what."

This..... Come to D-day dan, i will tandem with you, won't get mad.
Don't bring that guy cause i will hit him on purpose to see his reaction...

lol lol, U mad bro?
Jesse R

Keichi Tsuchiya: "I'm afraid if I raced you on the street I'd push you to your death."

RB25sx - SLPR

Oh dang, your car is up and running? Sweet.

I wont be at this D-day, too broke.. Renting a shop and got a new project car (will post details soon, its a RWD nissan of some variety).

-Dan

D-sport S12

well not quite running yet, hopefully have the engine built by sunday. I think i know what your new project is, according to facebook lol
Jesse R

Keichi Tsuchiya: "I'm afraid if I raced you on the street I'd push you to your death."

Prolowtone

I would come watch hahaha. I dont drift..... at least yet or in my current s12
I keep my car cleaner then my room
Quote from: VG30DETT on 02:39:59 PM / 01-Oct-12
Fuck you then, I'll take my movies, box of chocolates, bottle of wine and chloroform somewhere else.
Quote from: StephenG on 08:06:21 PM / 28-Nov-12
Adding an SSD to that is kinda like strapping a 3 inch stainless HKS exhaust on a geo metro.

fyneyoungstunna

sucks wreck. More about body kit w/ pics.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

David B

Quote from: RB25sx - SLPR on 12:25:16 PM / 13-Mar-11
So in addition to re-doing my 240sx rear end, I also decided to finally investigate my cooling options.. Heres what happened

• Gutted and chopped out upper rad support
  • Cut off headlight motors and solid mounted headlights into upright position
  • Built custom containment cage for intercooler and rad (all mounted with ballermatic metric hardware)

Still do to:

• Custom front bumper rebar to hold bumper skin/crash bar
  • Mount new H4 headlights
  • Plumb some IC pipes
  • New rad hoses (have the lower, need to source an upper that will fit)
  • Clean up some wiring

-Dan

this is sick dude. really portrays what i was trying to make instead of a V mount i might be doing something similar to mine because my 1j gets hot sideways. if you dont mind.

your s12 is looking bad ass though.

caged ca20e/ka24e/sr20det/ka24de/1jzgte SRA hatch. super sick

Quote from: Arro
Goddamn David you seriously are hard core man.
Quote from: tjs91tsi
Ohh, and unless you havn't figured it out yet, Stop driving with coolant leaks and Stop dropping nails in your fucking trannys!!!

RB25sx - SLPR

Thanks David, since doing this upgrade I have had almost no cooling issues - and when I did it was because I have a very minor headgasket leak and was running low on coolant :S . That lower bar also acts as an excellent cow-catcher and protects your IC/rad from tires, bumpers, debris etc.

So.. Not to say I am putting the S12 on the backburner, but I picked up a neat new project for a steal of a deal.. And by that I mean it was a theft recovery, hence the missing parts.. As of today I have it running and driving, still needs seats, headlights and a trunk though.

-dan

I_heart_VVL

man, i wish i lived in canada. :(
so what are your plans for the R32?
1987 SE V6 - Gone
2004 Mazda RX8 GT - Gone
2003 Subaru WRX - Gone
1997 Mazda Miata - SOLD!
2003 Nissan 350Z - Gone
1989 RHD RB25 S13 - Gone, thank god
1989 two tone SR coupe because s12s are dumb

David B

Ohh, and unless you havn't figured it out yet, Stop driving with coolant leaks and Stop dropping nails in your fucking trannys!!!

RB25sx - SLPR

It IS getting tracked.. I think it has a clutch type diff and it definitely has coilovers.. Need to delete the HICAS and put in a set of racing buckets. It is 5 bolt too so all my wheels/tires will transfer over to it no problem - I even have a set of stock R32 wheels.

D-sport S12

let me drift this lol, drifted one before, it was pretty easy but also seemed underpowered when stock
Jesse R

RB25sx - SLPR

After maybe 10 laps with the skyline I got fed up with it, drove to my shop, swapped wheels, drove S12 back.. Now thats a better drift car..

S12 > skyline

-dan

David B

ive driven some 240's and such and a few corollas but i cant get over how much fun s12's are. perfect wheelbase/weight ratio for higher hp engines.

honestly s12's take inline 6's with not to many problems. i dont really even think of all the weight up there.

D-sport S12

Jesse R

RB25sx - SLPR

We are going to be having a private drift session day for ~6 people next week.. Should be some sick footage from that..

-dan

RB25sx - SLPR

Hit a 300 pound tractor tire with rear quarter, trying to get close to an amigo with a flag..

Rear quarter is fubar. Toe arms look to be bent. Car is crab walking.

-dan

David B

Prolowtone

Need any parts? I got access to 2 yard with notches. 1 85 sra Ralphs in Mitchel island Vancouver (Would love to buy and track the bitch) and 1 88 irs at Ralphs in Abbotsford
I keep my car cleaner then my room
Quote from: VG30DETT on 02:39:59 PM / 01-Oct-12
Fuck you then, I'll take my movies, box of chocolates, bottle of wine and chloroform somewhere else.
Quote from: StephenG on 08:06:21 PM / 28-Nov-12
Adding an SSD to that is kinda like strapping a 3 inch stainless HKS exhaust on a geo metro.