RB25det, June 28th deadline - no sleep until completion. then beer.

Started by RB25sx - SLPR, 10:34:33 PM / 13-Jun-06

Previous topic - Next topic

Arro

Wow what a long road it's been indeed... keep us posted! I've had tough times of my own before, even not all that long ago, so I know how it feels.
-Jason Arro

'85 Nissan 200SX (KA24DE)
formerly,
'85 Nissan Silvia RS-X - FJ20 w/ dual Weber carbs
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo
Drive it like you stole it, and work on it like you married it - self quote
Quote from: ka-t.orgHella flush and all associates should be gunned down for brainwashing people into thinking a 225 and lots of camber is proper wheel fitment. THAT IS EASY, anyone can camber a skinny as tire till it dosnt rub. Now fitting an 11 with a 315 on stock fender with reasonable camber, that is fitment. And looks, and performs better than both.
Quote from: s-chassis_only on 07:43:21 PM / 25-Sep-10 i dont own a s12 at the moment but trying to acquire one to get rid of my s13 hatch
Quote from: SHOUTBOX[27:54] zastaba: I had a friend touch the contacts on his distributer once
[28:04] zastaba: He did the super jumping up and down pain dance

David B

:) keep at it! loving the progress, that drivers area does looked cramped though!

caged ca20e/ka24e/sr20det/ka24de/1jzgte SRA hatch. super sick

Quote from: Arro
Goddamn David you seriously are hard core man.
Quote from: tjs91tsi
Ohh, and unless you havn't figured it out yet, Stop driving with coolant leaks and Stop dropping nails in your fucking trannys!!!

Drft-s12

RB25sx - SLPR

Uhhhhhh I've been doing some things...

10 days until my deadline.. Can it be done? I don't even have an oil pan yet..

-dan

BattleFairy

Abandon all Hope
Project: Battle Fairy
QuoteNow, I won't be a dick like Battlefairy was.......

Prolowtone

I keep my car cleaner then my room
Quote from: VG30DETT on 02:39:59 PM / 01-Oct-12
Fuck you then, I'll take my movies, box of chocolates, bottle of wine and chloroform somewhere else.
Quote from: StephenG on 08:06:21 PM / 28-Nov-12
Adding an SSD to that is kinda like strapping a 3 inch stainless HKS exhaust on a geo metro.

RB25sx - SLPR

I've decided to not risk my investment to shit tires, mounted 4 brand new 215/45/17 GT radial champiro HPYs as 'burners'. Fronts will be 205/45/17 toyo proxes 4. I'll give a run down on how good or shit these tires were.

bring da smoke.

-dan

D-sport S12

I here ya on the tires, definitely keep us posted on the tires..... I was looking into buying a set of champiros to burn
Jesse R

Keichi Tsuchiya: "I'm afraid if I raced you on the street I'd push you to your death."

Baby

Christ almighty! To imagine this thing ever had a spot of rust on it seems ridiculous.

RB25sx - SLPR

Tomorrow is the day I find out if this thing will sputter to life to give me another season of smoke and magic.

My friend cole chalmers cut some dope drop vents into my hood.. le dope.

-dan

D-sport S12

Jesse R

Keichi Tsuchiya: "I'm afraid if I raced you on the street I'd push you to your death."

RB25sx - SLPR

Bring an angle grinder, a measuring tape, and a marker to the DUI.. Prepare to be vented.

-dan

Jeremy A

D-sport S12

Quote from: RB25sx - SLPR on 01:20:12 PM / 25-Jun-12
Bring an angle grinder, a measuring tape, and a marker to the DUI.. Prepare to be vented.

-dan

I'm missing the DUI, I get back from work 2 days after, not happy....
Jesse R

RB25sx - SLPR

It runs, it drives, it leaks before the turbo like a fucking sieve.

I'll fix it in the long run but for now - I am taking a short break from this damn thing.

-dan

RB25sx - SLPR

Sooo..

Car is finished, but there will forever be 1000 small items to fix on it - but as of right now.. its drivable.

-dan

cutter67

:yay!: :yay!: :yay!: :yay!: i am really happy for you great job cant wait to see first vid of smoke pouring of the back wheels

Prolowtone

I keep my car cleaner then my room
Quote from: VG30DETT on 02:39:59 PM / 01-Oct-12
Fuck you then, I'll take my movies, box of chocolates, bottle of wine and chloroform somewhere else.
Quote from: StephenG on 08:06:21 PM / 28-Nov-12
Adding an SSD to that is kinda like strapping a 3 inch stainless HKS exhaust on a geo metro.

RB25sx - SLPR

Bahhaha, good shit.

I built my e-brake in such a way that it was ever-so-slightly engaged, and effectively locked my rear brakes ON.. *sniff* *sniff* whats that smell? BRAKE PADS. Also, my lower rad hose was weeping on the drive home, the timing was way off so I had next to no power, my temperature gauge also decided to take a vacation.

The car is FUCKING LOW. I was scraping on sections of road that seemed to have no high spots or potholes or anything.. Speedbumps are out of the question, as is all forms of daily driving.

Suspension feels fucking tight though, like it should have a long, long time ago..

-dan

RB25sx - SLPR

Car grips and grips HARD. I feel like it would almost make a better autocross car now than drift car.

Alignment is as follows:

Front: 6.5 deg caster, -6deg camber, 0 toe
Rear: -1 deg camber, .06" toe out

Thrust is off by less than .03", which essentials mean the subframe is in STRAIGHT.

Oh, also.. I blew up my motor on saturday.. Oops. Need a new RB25, possibly RB26.

-dan