Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Sr Ecu Tune Help Needed!  (Read 1670 times)

Offline seishuku

• 1998CC's of fun!
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1987 Nissan S12
Sr Ecu Tune Help Needed!
« on: 07:40:11 PM / 04-Sep-06 »
Alrighty, some of you may know that I'm working on turbocharing my SR20DE... And I think I have all the physical parts, minus a few parts that I still have to make. BUT I need help with the ECU tune.

I have a new "turbo" ROM made up, I think it looks pretty good, but I really need some people to look it over and double check things and make suggestions, because access to a dyno is limited and my wideband O2 doesn't have any way to relate it's readings to the fuel map cells, so I can't do street tuning really (wouldn't be able to with out a running base map anyway).

Here's the ROM, it's basically an S13 SR20DET ROM, so it uses the same address points.
http://www.area3d.net/nitrogl/turborom.zip

My setup:
S14 SR20DE (10:1 compression)
S13 MAF (stock MAF for the S14 SR20DE, weird, eh?)
450CC DeatschWerks sidefeed injectors
Walbro 190LPH fuel pump
S13 T25 turbo @ 7PSI (should be 7PSI anyway)

I'm shooting for around 225 to 250BHP, the injectors SHOULD be good for a little more than that, but I'm looking for close to an 80% duty cycle.

Any help that you guys can give me would be AWESOME!

Thanks

Facebook Share    

Matt W.
Daily: 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Previous Daily: 2011 Camaro V6 (tree fell on it)
Previous previous: 2013 VW Jetta TDI super polluter (got bought back)

Offline vg30 man

• http://www.rpsport.net
Sr Ecu Tune Help Needed!
« Reply #1 on: 07:57:50 PM / 04-Sep-06 »
Quote from: seishuku
Alrighty, some of you may know that I'm working on turbocharing my SR20DE... And I think I have all the physical parts, minus a few parts that I still have to make. BUT I need help with the ECU tune.

I have a new "turbo" ROM made up, I think it looks pretty good, but I really need some people to look it over and double check things and make suggestions, because access to a dyno is limited and my wideband O2 doesn't have any way to relate it's readings to the fuel map cells, so I can't do street tuning really (wouldn't be able to with out a running base map anyway).

Here's the ROM, it's basically an S13 SR20DET ROM, so it uses the same address points.
http://www.area3d.net/nitrogl/turborom.zip

My setup:
S14 SR20DE (10:1 compression)
S13 MAF (stock MAF for the S14 SR20DE, weird, eh?)
450CC DeatschWerks sidefeed injectors
Walbro 190LPH fuel pump
S13 T25 turbo @ 7PSI (should be 7PSI anyway)

I'm shooting for around 225 to 250BHP, the injectors SHOULD be good for a little more than that, but I'm looking for close to an 80% duty cycle.

Any help that you guys can give me would be AWESOME!

Thanks

try emailing john from rps ports his email is john@rpsport.net

Offline seishuku

• 1998CC's of fun!
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1987 Nissan S12
Sr Ecu Tune Help Needed!
« Reply #2 on: 09:24:02 PM / 04-Sep-06 »
Done and done. I'd still like to get some input from a few people here too.

On another topic, does anyone know if a BSPT hole can be tapped out to an NPT? Seems to me since the taper on the BSPT is greater, it shouldn't have any problems being retapped. The thread pitch is the same.
Matt W.
Daily: 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Previous Daily: 2011 Camaro V6 (tree fell on it)
Previous previous: 2013 VW Jetta TDI super polluter (got bought back)

Offline Nebuchernezzer

Sr Ecu Tune Help Needed!
« Reply #3 on: 10:43:37 PM / 04-Sep-06 »
Sounds look a fun project.
I'll be interested to know what power you make safely.
Local guys have alot more trouble getting good power out of S14/15DE motors due to the higher comp ratio then the S13 DE.
It's just that little bit too high for our 98 ron fuel (10:1 instead of 9.5:1 for the S13 DE) so they are limited to around 160rwkw.

If looks could kill you'd have eyes like cyanide...
http://www.cardomain.com/id/zeruel