Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Vg30de  (Read 3596 times)

Offline oldsalt

• n00b
    • http://
Vg30de
« on: 02:21:43 PM / 13-Sep-06 »
ok i have almost decided to do/attempt a vg30de swap into my s12.  do i need an se cross member? also will the transmission from the vg30de fit through the trans tunnel and if not, can i use a vg trans from an se? my uncle in NY has a huge metal company so he would probably make me mounts.  any help/advice is greatly appreciated.
also, i will be looking for an engine and the parts mentioned above so any help on this is also apreciated
thanks,
ben

Facebook Share    

Offline sam31183

• Dark Lord of The Drift
  • Moderators
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1985 Nissan 200SX
Vg30de
« Reply #1 on: 01:45:01 PM / 14-Sep-06 »
why are you going from sr20det to vg30de???

Dave Coleman for President of Earth!!!!
Build Thread Hatch CA18DET Eventually a Track Whore
Build Thread Notch KA24DE Daily Driver

Quote from: Kustamogen
  haha me modding would be a disaster.....Id get all power hungry and  demand n00dz from everyone. Then make all the canadian s12er's come here  and massage my feet and make me jello pudding.

Actually....mod powers plz?!?!?!  0:)

Tedious?  This coming from a person who uses the word twice in a sentence?  I laughed repeatedly...

Offline oldsalt

• n00b
Vg30de
« Reply #2 on: 03:56:29 PM / 14-Sep-06 »
well i was really close to buying a sr (hence the sig) but i ran out of funds .  so right now i am looking at my optoins.  right now my options are either ka24de or the vg30de.  i would rather try the vg swap because of the power and i have not seen many people do this swap so it would be unique.  i am going to a local performance shop this weekend to see if they have any ka's if not i will just find a vg (so far havent found any in fl. so any help / info anyone can give is appreciated.
-ben

Offline sam31183

• Dark Lord of The Drift
  • Moderators
  • S12 Guru
Vg30de
« Reply #3 on: 09:12:22 PM / 14-Sep-06 »
I am sure you can find some KA's down in florida. IMO tho once you have your mindset on an engine you should stick to it. If it doesnt fit an immidiate budget, just save up your money and wait and be patient. Anything worth having is worth waiting for. I have spent like an year on my 18det swap...i am pretty sure it is the longest running/saga/swap going here on the forums. If you need to have your s12 running tho as its your only form of transportation getting the ka and then saving up for the sr is an good option as the ka would make for an good daily driver s12. Hell my next s12 might be an ka powered notch...if i can find an clean notch shell...anyways, i am rambling now, but i figured i would throw my 2 cents down.

haha me modding would be a disaster.....Id get all power hungry and  demand n00dz from everyone. Then make all the canadian s12er's come here  and massage my feet and make me jello pudding.

Tedious?  This coming from a person who uses the word twice in a sentence?  I laughed repeatedly...

Offline NeedCAforS13

• http://www.myspace.com/s13sean
Vg30de
« Reply #4 on: 09:49:15 PM / 14-Sep-06 »
where in florida? i have a complete vg30e swap from an s12 or a ka24de already prewired and installed in my s12. i need to sell one or the other. haha, NEED FUNDS FOR WHEELS. or my friend has a vg30de he's trying to sell. we're in Orlando.

http://www.club-s12.org/forums/index.php?s...c=15132&hl=

and my KA swap:
I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence.

Offline oldsalt

• n00b
Vg30de
« Reply #5 on: 02:44:50 PM / 15-Sep-06 »
right now the s12 is my daily driver so i cant just park it and save up for parts a little at a time.  i really would like to try the vg30de swap since its a newer engine than the vg30 (40 hp more, variable valve timing, and dohc) If i go ka, i want an engine with less tha n 100k on it. thanks for the offers/ advice though
i live in destin mybe 7hrs. or so away i believe. how much for the de? how many miles?
-ben
« Last Edit: 02:47:22 PM / 15-Sep-06 by oldsalt »

Offline Keith

• Honored Veterans
  • S12 Guru
    • http://www.cardomain.com/id/1984rps12
Vg30de
« Reply #6 on: 01:43:47 PM / 21-Sep-06 »
Quote from: oldsalt
i live in destin mybe 7hrs.
Are you shit'in me?  I'm from Niceville......and my S12 is currently at my in-laws house in Blue Water Bay, just across the Mid Bay Bridge from Destin.  
My wife and I have been gone from the area since '95, but we moved back to this side of the country back in Jan. We moved up to B-Ham , and the car has been sitting engineless in Blue Water ever since.
We should get together next time I'm down.  I'll be down in the next couple of months to either put my ca-et back in if I rebuild it, or a ca-det if I order a clip.

*1984 S12 Turbo* CA18DET swap * Custom top mount header & dump pipe * Mitsu Heavy Industries EVO III 16g turbo * Custom 3" turbo back exhaust with Magnaflow muffler * Front mount intercooler * Front mount oil cooler * Nismo fuel pressure regulator * Walbro 255 * DSM 450cc Injestors * Apexi Safc II * AEM Wide Band * AEM Tru Boost * Z32 MAF * Cometic head gasket * Centerforce Dual Friction clutch *  Tokico lowering springs * Owned since 1989 *

*2007 BMW M6* S85 V10 sweetness

*2004 C5 Z06*

*2006 BMW E60 550i Sport* Boner stock; SOLD *

*1995 Maxima* Owned since 1995 SOLD

Car Domain

Offline oldsalt

• n00b
Vg30de
« Reply #7 on: 01:53:46 PM / 22-Sep-06 »
Quote from: Keith
Are you shit'in me?  I'm from Niceville......and my S12 is currently at my in-laws house in Blue Water Bay, just across the Mid Bay Bridge from Destin.  
My wife and I have been gone from the area since '95, but we moved back to this side of the country back in Jan. We moved up to B-Ham , and the car has been sitting engineless in Blue Water ever since.
We should get together next time I'm down.  I'll be down in the next couple of months to either put my ca-et back in if I rebuild it, or a ca-det if I order a clip.
awesome man i cant believe someone has actually heard of nicceville!

Offline sam31183

• Dark Lord of The Drift
  • Moderators
  • S12 Guru
Vg30de
« Reply #8 on: 02:22:42 PM / 22-Sep-06 »
it sounds nice.....ohhhh!!!! jp.

Offline Keith

• Honored Veterans
  • S12 Guru
    • http://www.cardomain.com/id/1984rps12
Vg30de
« Reply #9 on: 08:17:11 PM / 22-Sep-06 »
Quote from: oldsalt
awesome man i cant believe someone has actually heard of nicceville!
Haha, yeah.......my dad was stationed at Eglin....so I pretty much grew up there......and thank god the "boggy boy" lifestyle never stuck with me.  I was one of the few skateboard/ surfer outcast people that they all hated.  
But yeah, I'll let you know the next time I come down.....

*1984 S12 Turbo* CA18DET swap * Custom top mount header & dump pipe * Mitsu Heavy Industries EVO III 16g turbo * Custom 3" turbo back exhaust with Magnaflow muffler * Front mount intercooler * Front mount oil cooler * Nismo fuel pressure regulator * Walbro 255 * DSM 450cc Injestors * Apexi Safc II * AEM Wide Band * AEM Tru Boost * Z32 MAF * Cometic head gasket * Centerforce Dual Friction clutch *  Tokico lowering springs * Owned since 1989 *

*2007 BMW M6* S85 V10 sweetness

*2004 C5 Z06*

*2006 BMW E60 550i Sport* Boner stock; SOLD *

*1995 Maxima* Owned since 1995 SOLD

Car Domain