Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Mk1 Wiring Hybrid, Power Source Wiring The 3 Maf Plugs?  (Read 3373 times)

Offline sam31183

• Dark Lord of The Drift
  • Moderators
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1985 Nissan 200SX
Ok, since there isnt an real good 18det wiring how to I have been going off how the ka/s12 swap and the sr/s13 swap wiring goes. Unfortunatly those write ups are all for the mk2. I need some mk1 help here guys. What colors have you mk1 guys with ka and sr swaps been splicing into what? For reference, here is like 3 quotes from me trying to figure out my wiring...i think i am pretty close to having it figured out as you will see from the last post, but I dont want to wire anything up wrong.

Indy and I where talking about this the other day...I belive, and I think he believes to that the write ups that we have have been written for the mk2 wiring. Anyways, I was only able to find 2 of the wires off of the three plugs under the maf. I did find all of the wires I needed tho from the 18det harness. Anyways...here is what is on my 3 maf plugs as far as colors.

Black
  Black w/ white stripe
  Purple w/white stripe
  green w/black stripe
  black w/white stripe
  black w/yellow stripe

next plug out of the three

pink
  green w/orange stripe

next plug out of the three

orange w/blue stripe
  blue w/white stripe
  green w/red stripe
  brown
  green w/black stripe (this is one of the wires I need to hook up to the 18det harness that color matches the write up)
  bkack w/red stripe (again, one of the wires I need that matches with the write up

this is an pic of the three plugs in case anyone was wondering

and this is an pic of the wires I pulled off of the 18det harness in case anyone was wondering...I think I had an extra plug from what gerry said I should, but I still found all of the colors I needed off of the write up

Now, I said I have been using the old wiring write ups...basically what I mean is my brother and I took the information off of the sr/s13 swap and the ka/s12 swap...and to make sure I have this right...here is what we came up with.

S12 under dash, to CA18DET Harness
  Tach Signal
  yellow w/red stripe to yellow w/red stripe under dash
  Speedo Signal
  yellow w/green stripe to yellow to green stripe under dash
  Ignition Start
  red to red under dash
  Ground
  black to black under dash
  AC signal
  blue w/red stripe to blue w/red stripe under dash
  water temp signal
  blue w/black stripe to blue w/ black stripe under dash.

(now I havent cracked open the dash yet to start doing this...so there could be some wires that dont match up under there as well.)

S12 chassis harness to CA18DET engine harness

fuel pump relay
  yellow w/red stripe to black w/red stripe (black w/red stripe should be on white plug underdash...not sure if we meant white 18det plug, or s12 under dash wiring, but I belive it is the white 18det ecu plug.)

ecu relay
  blue w/red stripe to red w/black stripe (location under maf grey plug)

ecu back up power
  black w/red stripe to red wire

main ignition power
  blue wire to black, red, blue wire...(i think this is one where you have to link 3 wires into 1)

ecu power
  green w/black stripe to black w/white stripe

Idle Air valve power
  Any 12 volt power source to black w/ yellow stripe

o2 sensor
  any 12 volt source to brown wire

neutral switch
  green w/red strip to green w/red stripe (again, I think this comes off of the 18det white plug.)

Anyways...I am going to prolly go grab my mk1 fsm here and see if I can track down the right colors...but if anyone has any ideas, let me know.

NEXT POST

ok, I went thru the 20e harness and disected it with my fsm to help. Its an good thing I still have the harness and the ecu...but I had an wierd feeling that I was going to need them so I removed all the tape from the harness and set it aside. Now remember all of this is from an 85 mk1 ca20e...so dont freak out you 18det mk2 guys...since I know there is like 100s of you haha, jk.

first plug
 Pin 1 = pink this goes to the instrument harness
 Pin 14 = green w/orange stripe, this looked like it went to the neutral switch

2nd plug
 pin 20 = blue, this connects to an blue w/white stipe wire and goes to an resistor
 pin 17 = green w/red stripe, this wire goes to the dizzy
 pin 7 = light green w/black stripe, this goes to an diode box
 orange w/blue stripe goes to the ficd solenoid valve and to the instrument harness
 brown wire goes to the ficd solenoid valve also, and to the fuse box as well
 black w/red stripe goes to the fuel pump, the fusebox, and the efi main relay

3rd plug
 pin 115 = light green w/black stripe efi main relay
 pin 9 = black w/yellow stripe goes to pressure reg module/ac/ neutral switch
 pin 103 = black which is the engine ground. (duh)
 pin 108 = black/white stripe and goes to all four of the injectors
 and I have an purple w/white stripe wire that goes to an plug...but i couldnt find in the power supply routing wire diagram where it went.

Now obviously...I need to know what systems I need to get power from, but from this I have found out which wires go to what systems...so I think someone should be able to help me figure this out. I dont recall if anyone has done an mk1 18et to 18det swap, so I dont know if the wiring colors are the same as the 20e...but if they are then I can do an all incompassing mk1 write up as soon as I figure out which wires to splice into.

Quote from: S12 Drifter
Dont forget the cold start signal, the orange wire off pin no. 43 on the det ecu to a start only signal.

Your planning on wiring in new relays for the fuel pump and the coil packs right?

I havent seen the cold start signal wire in the write ups anywhere so I didnt know about it. If I can remember it I will make sure to wire it up.

I am going to put in new relays for everything I need to put new relays in for. As of right now...I kind of need to know what systems to splice into. I have an feeling gerry is going to see this soon tho and give me some hints. I see your car is an mk1...does this sound at all like the wires you had to deal with? Or is the 18et different?

NEXT POST

Ok, this image is going to be hard to see so you might want to save it onto your comp and blow it up...

I might be crazy...but I think it has the wire colors I need to run to the 18det harness...correct me if i am wrong at any point here.
 At any rate, these are the colors it says i need:

blue w/red stripe...which for some reason doesnt show up on my 3 plugs. (ignition)

black w/white stripe which is pin 108 = black/white stripe and goes to all four of the injectors (ecu)

black w/yellow stripe which is pin 9 = black w/yellow stripe goes to pressure reg module/ac/ neutral switch (idle air valve)

Then I need to find an red wire for ecu memory, and 12 volt switched sources for 02 sensor (brown) and ecu (orange) (both respectively on the 18det harness)

So the only problem I think I have is the ignition...but for that dont I pull it off of the key? That would mean I just need the other 5 wires tho off of the 20e chassis harness and I have..6 wires off of the 18det engine harness:
 Black w/yellow
 red w/black
 black w/white (which goes to green w/red on the chassis harness)
 brown (12v switched source)
 red
 black w/red

hmmm, so i am thinking now
 black w/yellow on s12(pressure reg module/ac/neutral switch)  goes to black w/yellow on 18det (idle air valve power)

red w/black on 18det (ecu relay) what wire on s12 harness?

black w/white on s12(all 4 injectors) to black w/white on 18det (ecu power)

brown switched source

red on 18det to an power source on the s12 that is always on

black w/red on s12 (fuel pump/fuse box/efir main relay) to black w/red on 18det (fuel pump relay)

which just leaves the ecu relay and the switched sources and the always on switch...that is if i figured it out right...
« Last Edit: 04:25:55 PM / 22-Oct-06 by sam31183 »

Facebook Share    

Dave Coleman for President of Earth!!!!
Build Thread Hatch CA18DET Eventually a Track Whore
Build Thread Notch KA24DE Daily Driver

Quote from: Kustamogen
  haha me modding would be a disaster.....Id get all power hungry and  demand n00dz from everyone. Then make all the canadian s12er's come here  and massage my feet and make me jello pudding.

Actually....mod powers plz?!?!?!  0:)

Tedious?  This coming from a person who uses the word twice in a sentence?  I laughed repeatedly...

Offline sam31183

• Dark Lord of The Drift
  • Moderators
  • S12 Guru
Mk1 Wiring Hybrid, Power Source Wiring The 3 Maf Plugs?
« Reply #1 on: 04:33:13 PM / 22-Oct-06 »
wait...

" AC signal
blue w/red stripe to blue w/red stripe under dash"

It says ac signal...but the ac signal is really blue w/green stripe, but it drew my attention to this....

" ecu relay
blue w/red stripe to red w/black stripe (location under maf grey plug)" Which means ecu relay is now figured out...I pwn!

haha me modding would be a disaster.....Id get all power hungry and  demand n00dz from everyone. Then make all the canadian s12er's come here  and massage my feet and make me jello pudding.

Tedious?  This coming from a person who uses the word twice in a sentence?  I laughed repeatedly...

Offline sam31183

• Dark Lord of The Drift
  • Moderators
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #2 on: 09:05:57 PM / 22-Oct-06 »
Ok, if I can just get one person who has done an mk1 sr or ka swap to confirm that I am on the right track with this I can get it onto my 18det write up and start my wiring whenever I get an chance in the next week. I am going to need a couple more parts before she is running, but it will be one less thing to worry about.

Offline sam31183

• Dark Lord of The Drift
  • Moderators
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #3 on: 01:57:51 AM / 24-Oct-06 »
wth was i thinking...wth was nissan thinking...
There is no blue w/red stripe wires on the s12 side of the three maf plugs...however there is 2 light green w/black stripe wires. One comes off of pin 7 on the ecu and goes to an diode box...ignore that one. The other one goes off of pin 115 and goes to the efi main relay...thats the one you need. In other words, here is the wiring for the mk1 18det s12 swap. (use the s12 wires for your power sources for other engines)

black w/yellow on s12(pressure reg module/ac/neutral switch) goes to black w/yellow on 18det (idle air valve power)

light greenw/black stripe(efi main relay ecu pin 115, 2 light green with black wires exist on the mk1 chassis harness, so you need to splice into this one and not the other) to red w/black stripe (18det harness ecu relay)

black w/white on s12(all 4 injectors) to black w/white on 18det (ecu power)

brown switched source

red on 18det to an power source on the s12 that is always on

black w/red on s12 (fuel pump/fuse box/efir main relay) to black w/red on 18det (fuel pump relay)
« Last Edit: 01:59:17 AM / 24-Oct-06 by sam31183 »

Offline sam31183

• Dark Lord of The Drift
  • Moderators
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #4 on: 03:01:12 AM / 24-Oct-06 »
Last time I am going to change this tonight...I swear! I was looking at both this
and the sr/s13 swap and went over my wires...and the fsm...and found a couple things out. One of the most important things was that the black/w yellow stripe wire came off of the ignition so it is an switched ignition power source along with powering up the previously mentioned things. The more I seem to look tho the more things I seem to find...anyways, here is the last time I rewrite the wiring again tonight....

black w/white on s12(all 4 injectors to fusible link where it meets light green w/red which goes to efi main relay) goes to black w/yellow on 18det (idle air valve power)

light greenw/black stripe(efi main relay ecu pin 115, 2 light green with black wires exist on the mk1 chassis harness, so you need to splice into this one and not the other) to red w/black stripe (18det harness ecu relay)

black w/yellow on s12 (pressure reg module/ac/neutral switch/source from ignition) to black w/white on 18det (ecu power)

brown on s12 (ficd solenoid/idle up solenoid valves/fuse block) to brown on ca18det harness(02 sensor)

red on 18det (ecu back up) to an power source on the s12 that is always on

black w/red on s12 (fuel pump/fuese box/efi main relay) to 18det harness red (back up ecu power)

blue w/white on s12 (goes to an resistor) to black w/red on 18det harness (main ign. power)

Offline Heretic

• n00b
« Reply #5 on: 10:44:54 AM / 05-Nov-06 »
What years are the MKI and MKII?

Offline nomadtrash

• n00b
« Reply #6 on: 05:11:59 PM / 06-Feb-07 »
I'm considering purchasing an 85 200SX manual car that has no motor and tranny.  I have an SR20DE and tranny in my garage and an S13 JWT ECU.  I would like to swap this motor into the 200SX.  My question is about wiring up the motor.  Will the S13 ECU connect to the current harness in place of the current ECU?  Can I pull the engine harness out of a 91-93 240SX and use it in this car in place of the current harness?  Is the wiring chart in this topic correct?

Thanks,

NT
Nomad Trash
1968 Datsun Roadster "Bucephalus"
E-Mod 68

Bolt on modification?  I used some bolts.

Offline gerrybg

• http://
« Reply #7 on: 06:20:25 PM / 08-Feb-07 »
This sr20de is a RWD engine right? (if its FWD forget it won't 'drop' into the s12). You need the engine harness with the sr20de, you have to wire in new relays to run the engine, go to the sr20 or ca18 swap forums on this sight and if you search through you will find the info you need.