Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: I Thought I Had Vg Pistons..  (Read 2247 times)

Offline BoostedVG

I Thought I Had Vg Pistons..
« on: 08:54:08 AM / 18-Feb-07 »
I bought a set of forged pistons from ebay a while back and now I find that they're not for a vg like I thought. They are the correct bore but the wrist pin is a little bigger and the placement is wrong...at top dead center they will stick up out of the block about a 1/4" to 3/8". All I know is that they are nissan pistons with 2 valve releifs that were built for electromotive. So my question is what motors did nissan make that were 2 valve per cylinder with a 87mm bore and did nissan make all vg 30 with the same rod length. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Facebook Share    

Anyone interested in turbocharging their vg? Shoot me a PM. Buck Ofama

Offline Xenonxiii

• Sub-n00b
« Reply #1 on: 02:08:13 PM / 18-Feb-07 »
http://www.xenonz31.com/General_Info/W-Series/w-series.html

You have the later style Pistons. see link above.

Offline Spooled

« Reply #2 on: 10:20:23 AM / 19-Feb-07 »
Wrong - the rods in the W-series motors were still the same length as those in the non W.  The pin height did not change either.  Therefore, these pistons would still stick out of the block - W-series or not.
"Have you ever been face down in the mud, and been kicked in the head, with an iron boot?  Of course you haven't, no one has.  It's a stupid question; forget I even asked" 

87 200SX SE-V6
90 300ZX Twin Turbo
93 Pathfinder SE
06 Mini Cooper S JCW