Up To Date Pics

Started by seishuku, 08:31:19 PM / 02-Jun-07

Previous topic - Next topic

seishuku

Matt W.
Daily: 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Previous Daily: 2011 Camaro V6 (tree fell on it)
Previous previous: 2013 VW Jetta TDI super polluter (got bought back)

EternalSwap

Looks sweet. Side exit exhaust FTW.

You're gunna need some bigger tyres.
-Alex

EL PENE DE LA MUERTE
Quote from: David B
wow. im horny. i dont know why. but i just figured id let you guys know. i really wanna bite someones bean. i mean. chomp on some ass
Quote from: Arro on 12:26:40 AM / 10-Nov-10
hahah Alex just pwned C-S12, w3rd.

seishuku

You would think so, but these tires are pretty sticky, though some 245's in the rear would be nice. I just need to get a new set of 4, these are just about at the end of their tread life (I've been abusing them for almost 3 years now).

I think I'm going to switch over to some BFG Traction T/A's, basically the same tire that I have now (same price too), but they have a little softer compound and (should) have a tad stiffer sidewall.

I love my side exhaust, so easy to make too. My only problem with it right now is the muffler. It's a Summit Racing cheap-o turbo muffler, so I wasn't really expecting the best sounding one, but it sounds like a truck with a broke muffler on it.
Matt W.

blitz

Quote from: seishuku
You would think so, but these tires are pretty sticky, though some 245's in the rear would be nice. I just need to get a new set of 4, these are just about at the end of their tread life (I've been abusing them for almost 3 years now).

I think I'm going to switch over to some BFG Traction T/A's, basically the same tire that I have now (same price too), but they have a little softer compound and (should) have a tad stiffer sidewall.

I love my side exhaust, so easy to make too. My only problem with it right now is the muffler. It's a Summit Racing cheap-o turbo muffler, so I wasn't really expecting the best sounding one, but it sounds like a truck with a broke muffler on it.

should scared out all the muscle car guys  
Car status:
- Ractive tornado air intake. stock ram air CAI  
- MSD Blaster SS dual coil, 7 mm high temp bosch leads
- unknown rota rims w/ michelin hydroedge. stock turbo rims w/ michelin x-ice during       winter
- Titanium weighted shift knob
- 280zx Short throw shifter
- Boost gauge, narrow band A/F gauge w/ sunfire O2 sensor
- custom made 3 inch turbo back with kakimoto muffler, JASMA certified
- JDM T25 turbo
- XS Turbo MBC
- Recirculating 1G DSM BOV.
- Old and tired stock everything suspension...

SOLD to OSAD!!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2510178

seishuku

I think the muscle car guys are afraid of me... Somehow a rumor got started that I have an RB26DETT.
No one even tries to race me anymore. When I first got the car, everyone and their mom tried to race me... Then I got the SR20DE and started whoopin' on people, now nothing.
Matt W.

Gopher

i hate you my VG is starting to knock down low im broke as hell but im doing something i like the NA seeing as yours is going great im probably gonna find myself a 14DE why is yours so tuff?
Fashion can be bought, style you must possess.

seishuku

Matt W.

seishuku

Well I got the water injection set up all installed and working, and I did some pulls with full boost... Holds about 12.5 to 10.2 AFR, but about 12:1 at idle. Not sure about that one, but I think the BOV is leaking a little, and it's not recirculated (going to worry about that later).

Not one hint of knock, even when beating on it in the 95 Deg F weather we had the other day.

After that I pulled the plugs to check them, see what's going on:

To me, they look almost lean to normal, but that could just be the water injection.

Edit:
Here's a close-up
Matt W.

rage

im still not really certain why youre using the water injection?
are you not running fuel management or something?

TX > CA

seishuku

Safety zone... I don't have the cash to replace/rebuilt the engine, so a $100 water injection kit is a good safeguard.
Plus I don't have total access to 100% proper tuning (like a dyno), and my data logger just took a dump.

Also, I've been told by godknowshowmany Nissan tuners that my engine is a little too high compression (10:1) to safely run on 93 octane with my turbo kit. Which I find to be a load of crap, but like I said before, I can't take too many risks.
Matt W.

rage

it is a load of crap, there are fwd guys that turbo their stuff all the time. id say get a wideband and youre golden.

TX > CA

seishuku

Hm... That's kind of what I figured, but I'd still like to have that safety zone for now.

I have a WB, it's actually installed as an emulator for the narrow band O2 as well as a hookup for my laptop when I need it. But like I said, my data logger (Innovate SSI-4, to match my Innovate LC-1) is messed up, so to do some fine tuning I'll have to "link" my WB data with my ECU's consult data to get something useful.
Matt W.