Blitz S12 Turbo - 1985 S12 Silvia Rs

Started by blitz, 04:51:03 PM / 29-Jul-07

Previous topic - Next topic

blitz

UPDATE!!!!

install 1G DSM BOV yesterday. again, the welding part is done at local shop.

I use some random honda radiator hose I found on the shop floor, and 1 inch to 1/2 inch ABS plumbing reducer. It fits the stock crankcase breather hole on the stock accordion intake pipe. It's ghetto, but sure it works

it seems like it's touching the manifold, but actually it's not, it's close tho, I'll be either making a heat shield or wraps the mani and charge pipe with heat wrap.
Car status:
- Ractive tornado air intake. stock ram air CAI  
- MSD Blaster SS dual coil, 7 mm high temp bosch leads
- unknown rota rims w/ michelin hydroedge. stock turbo rims w/ michelin x-ice during       winter
- Titanium weighted shift knob
- 280zx Short throw shifter
- Boost gauge, narrow band A/F gauge w/ sunfire O2 sensor
- custom made 3 inch turbo back with kakimoto muffler, JASMA certified
- JDM T25 turbo
- XS Turbo MBC
- Recirculating 1G DSM BOV.
- Old and tired stock everything suspension...

SOLD to OSAD!!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2510178

200sxkitcar

Looks nice.  Getto fab w/various connectors +1!  It looks like the welding shop you are taking your stuff to does a good job, the welds look nice.
Sterling Picton

blitz

thanks, I've been  trying to keep it as cheap as possible
Car status:
- unknown rota rims w/ michelin hydroedge. stock turbo rims w/ michelin x-ice during       winter
- JDM T25 turbo
- XS Turbo MBC

SOLD to OSAD!!

Nitro

This blue thingy at the power steering fluid reservoir is a manual boost controller I believe?

Eddy

you don't need recirculation..  sounds better w/out the return.
1988 200sx sr20det - turbo
1991 240sx ca18det - turbo
2008 VW GTI - FSiT - turbo

:D

blitz

Quote from: Nitro
This blue thingy at the power steering fluid reservoir is a manual boost controller I believe?
yes it is

Quote from: Eddy
you don't need recirculation..  sounds better w/out the return.

umm yeah, I was worried about the venting metered air making the car acting up. I'm happy with it  I'll just keep  it as it is for now. I hardly hit boost in the winter.
Car status:
- JDM T25 turbo
- XS Turbo MBC

SOLD to OSAD!!

silverarrow27

Some cars act up some cars doesn't. Try it, doesn't really hurt. I've noticed with my car with the Super Sequential that after a hard run and I depress the clutch pedal to take the car out of gear the idle will drop down to 0-300 rpm and then stabilize at 800 rpm.
2013 Veloster Turbo Base
2007 Versa SL
1989 240sx XE

blitz

Update again. I replaced the hatch strut/support with a new cheap set from ebay. my old original one is completely gone, it won't hold the hatch at all in the winter.

I get whack in the head in the proccess...as soon as I took off one the ball studs, the hatch just drop down and whack me on the head. that stupid thing is feaking heavy! would guess it's around 50 lbs. I hate how the new hatch support squeaks when I open it up, but it beats worrying about when the hatch gonna fall on your head

still hasn't figured out about that vacuum leak and hesitation when the engine is cold. the engine has no power until it reach certain temperature or revved over 3k until that magic temp is reached...( oh, you feel it, it won't go no where); and it idle very low sometime and sounds like a muscle car with lumpy cam and I lost charge on the battery...my lights dimming, and the heater fan is slowing down. I have the keep it revved at around 1500 just to get things to function properly until it warmed up. then all the sudden everything is normal :S. bleh, it' all fine when it's warm. if the engine decided to blow up someday (very unlikely), I hope I have money to put CA18DET.
Car status:
- JDM T25 turbo
- XS Turbo MBC

SOLD to OSAD!!

blitz

changed the RR caliper and ebrake cables on thursday. it's awesome, I'm loving how my ebrake works now. I paid a friend to do it in his garage on the hoist coz I don't feel like it and have some of the tools required (it's winter and tools are expensive). so yeah, 60 bucks and an hour later I got perfectly working ebrakes and saves a lot more money than if I had a shop did it for me.

at least I help him with installing and removing some tires and bleeding brakes on 2 other cars
Car status:
- JDM T25 turbo
- XS Turbo MBC

SOLD to OSAD!!

200sxkitcar

Look for the air regulator, on the intake manifold, by the throttle body.  Check this out and see if its working, you've got the ca18, but the part is basically the same (if not identical).  The other thing you should check is the coolant temp sensor, as your issue is heat dependent, and a poor connection/bad sensor can cause problems.  There are two, one is for the gauge in the dash and the other for the EFI, the EFI unit has a standard two wire type bosch connector similar to the injector connectors.  Check it out!

Quote from: blitz
still hasn't figured out about that vacuum leak and hesitation when the engine is cold. the engine has no power until it reach certain temperature or revved over 3k until that magic temp is reached...( oh, you feel it, it won't go no where); and it idle very low sometime and sounds like a muscle car with lumpy cam and I lost charge on the battery...my lights dimming, and the heater fan is slowing down. I have the keep it revved at around 1500 just to get things to function properly until it warmed up. then all the sudden everything is normal :S. bleh, it' all fine when it's warm. if the engine decided to blow up someday (very unlikely), I hope I have money to put CA18DET.
Sterling Picton

blitz

thanks, will look into those . I've been told my air regulator is fubared. but since all it does is control idle I didn't do anything about it...
Car status:
- JDM T25 turbo
- XS Turbo MBC

SOLD to OSAD!!

sideways_s12

you ride is coming along nicely have you replaced the pop-off valve yet if you should if your gonna wanna up the boost

blitz

Quote from: sideways_s12
you ride is coming along nicely have you replaced the pop-off valve yet if you should if your gonna wanna up the boost

thanks. I have a bunch of suspension parts waiting to be installed. maybe in the spring or something, as soon as snow season is gone.

I haven't replace the pop off valve. I think that bloody thing is leaking and maybe causing that weird vacuum leak I have when the engine is cold, I can see day light between the "lid" and the valve body. boost is set at 8 psi on T25 using the stock wastegate actuator. although I have turbo XS MBC, it is set at zero/lowest level. I won't go any higher before installing FMIC.
Car status:
- JDM T25 turbo
- XS Turbo MBC

SOLD to OSAD!!

IggyEGuana

changed the RR caliper and ebrake cables on thursday. it's awesome, I'm loving how my ebrake works now. I paid a friend to do it in his garage on the hoist coz I don't feel like it and have some of the tools required (it's winter and tools are expensive). so yeah, 60 bucks and an hour later I got perfectly working ebrakes and saves a lot more money than if I had a shop did it for me.

at least I help him with installing and removing some tires and bleeding brakes on 2 other cars

Any more info on this?  What did you replace them with?  New OEM parts or something off another Nissan?  Or maybe aftermarket?  My handbrake sucks and I'm curious how you fixed yours.

Waylon Deno - Silhouette Autosports (check it out on facebook)
Drift Build Thread
Quote from: Arro
you sir are emblazoned with win.

sideways_s12

replace tha pov it's easy as shit 1" npt plug from home depot or lowes and that will probably get rid of that hesitation in the morning there only like 89 cents too

blitz

update: my car was involve in single vehicle slow speed parking lot accident. was at a friend's apt, and I"ve never been to her place. I drove over the parking divider. Instead of backing out I drove forward. climbed the concrete divider and landed on the mudflap.... my side skirt is fubared, and so is my kakimoto muffler. it's has caved in on the bottom... can't back out or move forward very slowly. so I just give it enough speed so the rear can climb forward...the rear landed on the muffler... good thing it's not my gas tank.

nothing else is broken just my ego...was feeling very stupid that night...
Car status:
- JDM T25 turbo
- XS Turbo MBC

SOLD to OSAD!!

silvia love

update: my car was involve in single vehicle slow speed parking lot accident. was at a friend's apt, and I"ve never been to her place. I drove over the parking divider. Instead of backing out I drove forward. climbed the concrete divider and landed on the mudflap.... my side skirt is fubared, and so is my kakimoto muffler. it's has caved in on the bottom... can't back out or move forward very slowly. so I just give it enough speed so the rear can climb forward...the rear landed on the muffler... good thing it's not my gas tank.

nothing else is broken just my ego...was feeling very stupid that night...
aww that sucks dude, thats what happened to my z before i bought it. thats why it had a salvaged title but the guy i got it from was dui'ing so i guess thats what happens.

blitz

Quote from: silvia love
aww that sucks dude, thats what happened to my z before i bought it. thats why it had a salvaged title but the guy i got it from was dui'ing so i guess thats what happens.

I was as sober as can be. it just my brain did not function properly at that moment...
Car status:
- JDM T25 turbo
- XS Turbo MBC

SOLD to OSAD!!

IggyEGuana

I was as sober as can be. it just my brain did not function properly at that moment...

Been there bro.  Mostly results in me just being disgusted at myself but april of last year it resulted in a head-on accident with a new mustang.  I was VERY VERY lucky nobody got hurt.

Hopefully you can fix the damage to your car pretty easily.  maybe just a new turbo sideskirt.

Waylon Deno - Silhouette Autosports (check it out on facebook)
Drift Build Thread
Quote from: Arro
you sir are emblazoned with win.

blitz

I replace my tail light lenses today withe a newer one I got from the classified here. no more cracked ugly and tired lenses. took me 1 hour to do it.

the car now smokes occasionally. when I just starting up from standing still when the engine is hot (red light), and after been driving a while when idling it'll smoke at random time. maybe the PCV need to be checked. or I think the turbo seal is fubared or the oil pressure at the turbo is too high and seeps pass the seal. I'm not buying used unknown turbo next time. well it's from needca (sean), so  I believe it was good. If it's burn oil so what? It doesn't need to be smogged, just it's embarassing and stinky and harmful to the environment. but to offset the carbon emission, I will be using my mtb most of the time this summer .

suspension upgrade is getting closer boys! wait for it!
Car status:
- JDM T25 turbo
- XS Turbo MBC

SOLD to OSAD!!