S12 In Quebec

Started by Frank, 06:06:38 PM / 03-Aug-07

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Quote from: Arro
Wow talk about a complete teardown of the entire car lol... looks like you're workin' hard at it, keep goin!

Is that a 1G DSM in the background? I'm guessing it's a Plymouth Laser since it has no spoiler (unless it was removed).

I never had any DSM in my garage yet. The black car is a S13 Hatch and the purple one is a S13 convertible

Quote from: Altyman
This is why there are so little nice old school cars in Quebec... winter kills them!

Keep up with the good work Frank...

Thanks I appreciate it  Hope we can see yours this summer !

Frank @ spoolsport.com

Frank

Today i finished cleaning the interior, got the eurethane laid and made a "paint booth so i don't put overspray everywhere
Interior will be painted a light blue tomorrow (have to let the eurethane dry)
I used torch and a scraper to remove the tar on the rear wheel wells and it worked GREAT
I just heated the tar a little bit and after i used the scraper and it fell off pretty easely, after i used my wire brush to clean the rest of the glue. I'll let the picture speak for themselves

sinestro

so thats where i left my blue lighter, i was lookin for that. anyway nice work, at least someone is working on there ka swap in the winter. i just wish my garage was bigger so i could, i have a 'one car' garage that i can't even fit my car in
"You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat."

userbar by someone?

i know old navy sucks, but i can't help myself i like the music...
http://www.iamlights.com/

nunquam dormio

EternalSwap

AAA batteries? Hahah

Looks like the swap is going well
-Alex

EL PENE DE LA MUERTE
Quote from: David B
wow. im horny. i dont know why. but i just figured id let you guys know. i really wanna bite someones bean. i mean. chomp on some ass
Quote from: Arro on 12:26:40 AM / 10-Nov-10
hahah Alex just pwned C-S12, w3rd.

blitz

hahaha..that pair of AAA maybe will power 1 injector and then die! lol
Car status:
- Ractive tornado air intake. stock ram air CAI  
- MSD Blaster SS dual coil, 7 mm high temp bosch leads
- unknown rota rims w/ michelin hydroedge. stock turbo rims w/ michelin x-ice during       winter
- Titanium weighted shift knob
- 280zx Short throw shifter
- Boost gauge, narrow band A/F gauge w/ sunfire O2 sensor
- custom made 3 inch turbo back with kakimoto muffler, JASMA certified
- JDM T25 turbo
- XS Turbo MBC
- Recirculating 1G DSM BOV.
- Old and tired stock everything suspension...

SOLD to OSAD!!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2510178

Frank

Quote from: blitz
hahaha..that pair of AAA maybe will power 1 injector and then die! lol

lol. $%#@ the KA24 im going for an electric engine

Im leaving my house right now to go paint the interior. I'll get pictures in a couple of hours.

Frank @ spoolsport.com

200sxkitcar

Thats what my car will look like soon enough, im excited and scared at the same time lol!

Did you remove the seam sealer?  Your car might be kinda whistly and water-penetrate-able if there is no sealer at all.
Sterling Picton

Frank

Quote from: 200sxkitcar
Thats what my car will look like soon enough, im excited and scared at the same time lol!

Did you remove the seam sealer?  Your car might be kinda whistly and water-penetrate-able if there is no sealer at all.

Some parts of the sealer were grinded however i have put new sealer
One thing that i find funny is that nissan FORGOT to put sealer in the rear passenger side near the taillight ... im lucky enough that no rust has formed there.

So I painted the car interior blue but I had to hurry because montreal was playing l.a. at 15h30! Hockey is important around here  
I tought the blue was darker but it came a light blue ... not sure if I like it but it's a bit too late to go back now ...  

Frank @ spoolsport.com

200sxkitcar

Sterling Picton

Doug

nice work so far, is this going to be a track car or are you putting the interior back in?

Frank

Quote from: Doug
nice work so far, is this going to be a track car or are you putting the interior back in?

No im not putting the interior back in. The car will still be used in the street but it will be mostly for the track and events. Im just saving myself the trailer. The car is still street legal EXCEPT for the handbrake (im using a hydraulic one. I redid the whole body harness and all the flashers/stoplight/backup light/markers/headlight are working normaly so i can keep the car on the street...
Im expecting to have some muffler tickets but I will make 2 mufflers for this car. One will be street legal and one will be straight trought. I'll just use a v-band to quickly and easely change the mufflers. Im also gonna weld studs to the muffler so they will be bolted to the hanger. This way i'll just have to remove 3 easely accessible bolts to change the mufflers. I like to work hard but not 2 times so that's why i want things easy and simple

Altyman

Still alive? I guess you didn't go out in the storm, then... lol

You should come back to www.japoldschool.bravehost.com a few new members have joined in the last weeks, there's been a little bit of action going on, new projects showing... even a meet being planned for this coming summer!

Anyway, keep up with the good work!

Frank

Worked on the car today

Installed the rear harness for lights/fuel pump/fuel sensor
I also had to try a s13 kit and it will fit with some small modification/trimming.
( I will use a Silvia front bumper but i had a 180sx one on hand so ignore the shape of the bumper )

Frank @ spoolsport.com

Doug

lookin awesome, if i come up to the big Q this summer i may have to get in touch and drop by to take a look at your s12. I'm thinking of putting an s13 bumper and kit parts on mine as well, im glad to see im not the only person that thought of it, looks like it will be a relatively easy mod

Frank

Quote from: Doug
lookin awesome, if i come up to the big Q this summer i may have to get in touch and drop by to take a look at your s12. I'm thinking of putting an s13 bumper and kit parts on mine as well, im glad to see im not the only person that thought of it, looks like it will be a relatively easy mod

It would be a pleasure to meet you somewhere

We have some kind of meets in montreal where alot of rwd/awd nissan gather.
Most of the people there are posers that think their GT-R/S13 is the best car ever made but there is alot of cool people with both feet on the ground.

Frank @ spoolsport.com

Frank

More parts arrived today, got the KA24E head flanges
I'll have more time to work on the car tomorrow.

seb.racing