Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The Suspension Build Guide For Your S12  (Read 81243 times)

Offline spiderwebfx

Re: The Suspension Build Guide For Your S12
« Reply #160 on: 05:23:55 AM / 15-Jul-14 »
Pretty sure s12 swaybar will work.

Just find second hand s14/s15 tension rod brackets and repaint them to look new again.  I dont know how common they are there but in NZ, theyre always available.

Dont forget you need s13 tension rods. Theyre slightly shorter than s14 ones.

Offline Does it moo?

« Reply #161 on: 07:38:58 PM / 22-Jul-14 »
Hey, are the A1 tie rods sold anywhere else than here: http://shop.a1racing.com/dgt100.aspx ?

I tried contacting them but didn't get any response.

Just find second hand s14/s15 tension rod brackets and repaint them to look new again.  I dont know how common they are there but in NZ, theyre always available.

Dont forget you need s13 tension rods. Theyre slightly shorter than s14 ones.

There are quite a lot of them, but no parts. Here it's often easier to find a right-hand drive JDM import of any given fun '80s-'90s Japanese car despite that white market equivalents were available at official dealerships. So everything Japanese is grey market, even though Japan is located as far away from where I live as it physically can be.

For example, while Nissan did "officially" sell the S12, S13 and S14 (both kouki and zenki) here, no one is carrying spares. Finding OEM parts, new or used, is often near impossible and when you do, prices are only marginally lower than aftermarket upgrades. It's a major obstacle when OEM is the only option... That's why I'm getting the Tein S13 tension rods instead of OEM. And also the reason I still haven't found any tension rod brackets.
This whole box is PEPE SILVIA!

Offline spiderwebfx

« Reply #162 on: 01:06:14 AM / 23-Jul-14 »
There are quite a lot of them, but no parts. Here it's often easier to find a right-hand drive JDM import of any given fun '80s-'90s Japanese car despite that white market equivalents were available at official dealerships. So everything Japanese is grey market, even though Japan is located as far away from where I live as it physically can be.

For example, while Nissan did "officially" sell the S12, S13 and S14 (both kouki and zenki) here, no one is carrying spares. Finding OEM parts, new or used, is often near impossible and when you do, prices are only marginally lower than aftermarket upgrades. It's a major obstacle when OEM is the only option... That's why I'm getting the Tein S13 tension rods instead of OEM. And also the reason I still haven't found any tension rod brackets.

I can try find them here and get you a price including freight if you want?
« Last Edit: 01:06:30 AM / 23-Jul-14 by spiderwebfx »

Offline Does it moo?

« Reply #163 on: 12:25:49 AM / 30-Jul-14 »
You are awesome! Sure thing, throw me a PM if you find a set.
This whole box is PEPE SILVIA!

Offline superDorifto

« Reply #164 on: 08:01:31 PM / 14-Jun-15 »
So, I can help add another hybrid s13 front coil set up.

S13 coils
S13 knuckles
S13 ball joints in s12 lcas...a tack weld was needed for each
S12 TC rods
S12 steering rack
S14 outer tie rods ends (isis)
Z33 inner tie rods...shorter overall than s14 and z32s

Offline Fernandoz

• n00b
« Reply #165 on: 12:21:34 PM / 09-Sep-15 »
Is there any way to modify the s13 oem strut to fit into the s12?

Offline pakii-afa

• Vehicle: 1986 Nissan 200SX
« Reply #166 on: 05:34:32 PM / 20-Oct-15 »
Yes, I've been using a sleeve kit from a sunfire/cavalier to eliminate the upper spring seat. It works for me.

Also it should be noted as super dorifto said that you need to tach weld s13 ball joints into ns12 arms, I was not aware of this my first time and damaged my car...

Offline Frenchy308

« Reply #167 on: 12:09:19 AM / 28-Oct-17 »
If you have an s13 front subframe how would that affect the coil over set up? I got s13 lca (currently extended (bad idea way too much wide, i got new stock s13 arms)) , ball joints, knuckles, q45 brakes and s14 inners with maxima outters (i believe). Stock tension rod brackets with sketchy s13 rods... I want to put the s14 brackets and s13 curved rods in to make it less death trappy... Will it work?
« Last Edit: 12:10:26 AM / 28-Oct-17 by Frenchy308 »