Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The New Nemesis Project  (Read 11818 times)

Offline Nemisis

• S12 Guru
The New Nemesis Project
« on: 03:41:37 PM / 16-Sep-07 »
Thats right. For the few of you who have heard me so briefly slip the information that I have obtained a new project car- THIS IS IT.

Today, Sunday, September 16th, 2007- The car will be unveiled to the rest of the club:

So Matt- KEEP YOUR TRAP SHUT!

I will get photos in a few hours, and that, my friends, is when you will see what I will be turning into a road beast.

For those who know what it is SAY NOTHING!

For those of you who want a hint and would like to guess, here ya go:

"Type 1"

Thats all ya get, because anything else might give it away to someone who knows how to really use Google.

STAY TUNED!!!
« Last Edit: 08:17:38 PM / 16-Sep-07 by Nemisis »

Facebook Share    

May she rest in peace 07-12-06
1984 Nissan Silvia RS12 CA18ET

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1992 Dodge Colt (Mitsubishi Mirage) Daily beater- 4 speed stick, needs some rust repair- project abandon, must sell due to reliability issues. $500 takes the car and a bunch of goodies

1973 Volkswagen Super Beetle- Runs and drives perfect. Needs new drums all around and a speedo cable.

2007 Honda Ruckus- Awaiting funds for a 150cc GY6 motor swap, then probably gonna do a VW GTi K04 turbo conversion. ~put on hold for yet another year~

Offline 200sxkitcar

• Moderators
  • S12 Guru
    • http://s232.photobucket.com/albums/ee276/Sterlingps12/
The New Nemesis Project
« Reply #1 on: 03:51:36 PM / 16-Sep-07 »
Does it float ;D
Sterling Picton

Offline Nemisis

• S12 Guru
The New Nemesis Project
« Reply #2 on: 03:53:36 PM / 16-Sep-07 »
Drop some acid and it could do anything you want
« Last Edit: 03:53:57 PM / 16-Sep-07 by Nemisis »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1992 Dodge Colt (Mitsubishi Mirage) Daily beater- 4 speed stick, needs some rust repair- project abandon, must sell due to reliability issues. $500 takes the car and a bunch of goodies

1973 Volkswagen Super Beetle- Runs and drives perfect. Needs new drums all around and a speedo cable.

2007 Honda Ruckus- Awaiting funds for a 150cc GY6 motor swap, then probably gonna do a VW GTi K04 turbo conversion. ~put on hold for yet another year~

Offline Nemisis

• S12 Guru
The New Nemesis Project
« Reply #3 on: 08:24:30 PM / 16-Sep-07 »
Here she is!

A beautiful 1973 Volkswagen Super Beetle!
1600cc air-cooled 4 speed BEAST! LOL!

« Last Edit: 08:31:24 PM / 16-Sep-07 by Nemisis »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Sean1978

• http://
The New Nemesis Project
« Reply #4 on: 08:34:46 PM / 16-Sep-07 »
Great, I was expecting a S12 with an AWD RB26 swap, TT LS1, or some other crazy shit.

I got a bug  

Are you going to do a porche engine swap?
« Last Edit: 08:35:38 PM / 16-Sep-07 by Sean1978 »
quality > quantity

Fail: because you are probably too stupid to come up with an actual post.
(noun)FTW: see above.

Offline Nemisis

• S12 Guru
The New Nemesis Project
« Reply #5 on: 08:43:35 PM / 16-Sep-07 »
Let me check the low-income college student wallet...

NO!

I'm thinkin (after we square up some issues, and its in good driving condition) a nice exhaust, still contemplating on carb setup (single massive 2 barrel or twin singles) but leaning more for the twin singles (shorter intake runner, less heatsoak). Then probably I'll lower it a bit, hopefully get around to a front disc conversion, then it will be TURBO TIME!!!

But how much is a Porsche engine to swap in? Like which engine?

Oh yea, ALL the turbo kits for the Bug are WRONG! A turbo pulling through the carb? ARE THEY NUTS?!?!?!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline 200sxkitcar

• Moderators
  • S12 Guru
    • http://s232.photobucket.com/albums/ee276/Sterlingps12/
The New Nemesis Project
« Reply #6 on: 08:58:19 PM / 16-Sep-07 »
dude, you in that car must be a tight fit lol....  Beetles can be made to be real quick, fun cars, just don't get in any accidents   A friend of mine is real into those, and has built several that are pretty fast, and the next one will be a turbo
Sterling Picton

Offline CallaroSX

The New Nemesis Project
« Reply #7 on: 08:59:36 PM / 16-Sep-07 »
That is a very small turbine incabulator.

Offline EternalSwap

• King of awesome
  • Club-S12 Promoter
  • S12 Guru
  • Technicolor: You can't say no.
    • http://myspace.com/yugodscmaxxer
The New Nemesis Project
« Reply #8 on: 09:19:17 PM / 16-Sep-07 »
Two words

Body
Drop
-Alex

EL PENE DE LA MUERTE
Quote from: David B
wow. im horny. i dont know why. but i just figured id let you guys know. i really wanna bite someones bean. i mean. chomp on some ass
hahah Alex just pwned C-S12, w3rd.

Offline Nemisis

• S12 Guru
The New Nemesis Project
« Reply #9 on: 10:13:47 PM / 16-Sep-07 »
Okay, I actually fit pretty well in there. I know, you saw how... "husky" I am, but its actually pretty nice... I can rest my ENTIRE ARM against the outside of the door with the window down. The window sill goes into my armpit. Its cool!

Yea, I am to make this thing pretty quick. Remember I only HALF own it, so if my fiancee absolutely says no, then I cant so whatever it is she said no to... But so far she has no problem with turbocharging it.

And you wanna talk about low? This is a Super Beetle (quick lesson)

The Standard Beetle has a torsion bar suspension front AND rear. The Super Beetle (Introduced in the late 60s- forget exact year) has a coil-over spring and strut front suspension with a torsion bar rear.

SO- There are kits out there to drop the front 5".... Thats right, FIVE INCHES. And the rear- Just turn the torsion bar a notch or two.

Go-Fast goodies on the list:
Ratio rockers (probably go for the 1.4:1) and better pushrods.
High RPM Valvesprings (so I can really get the use out of the turbo)
Dual 1 barrel carbs
Turbo

I'm hoping that will shoot me to around the 150hp range, and that will avoid any heavy duty engine mods.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline DYMO

The New Nemesis Project
« Reply #10 on: 10:36:48 PM / 16-Sep-07 »
it needs a v8

Offline Sean1978

The New Nemesis Project
« Reply #11 on: 11:29:37 PM / 16-Sep-07 »
I'm pretty sure the VW bus used a porche 914 engine, I think you can swap that into the beetle and make it quick.
quality > quantity

Fail: because you are probably too stupid to come up with an actual post.
(noun)FTW: see above.

Offline seishuku

• 1998CC's of fun!
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1987 Nissan S12
The New Nemesis Project
« Reply #12 on: 07:29:37 PM / 18-Sep-07 »
Hahaha, awesome. And it's ORANGE!
Matt W.
Daily: 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Previous Daily: 2011 Camaro V6 (tree fell on it)
Previous previous: 2013 VW Jetta TDI super polluter (got bought back)

Offline Nemisis

• S12 Guru
The New Nemesis Project
« Reply #13 on: 08:02:12 PM / 18-Sep-07 »
Well for engines, my fiancee's brother has a '71 Super Beetle rotting away in a mess that is a garage. No engine in it, but 2 are out sitting NEXT to it, and from what I've been told, one is "bigger".

I have a chart I downloaded and it says what engines where in what cars starting in whatever year. and I'm pretty sure the bus got the biggest, but they also got dual carbs, instead of the single.

Anywho, I found a kit for the price I like on the net- dual 44 2 barrel carbs. Gonna look something like this:

The kit looks like this:

That is pretty much the same pic as the one that more expensive. The genuine Weber dual 44 IDF kit retails at least 700 to 800 bucks. The EMPI version of it is 500 and I have only found it in one place for special order. To me, looks the same, probably performs the same (because it was modeled after the Weber kit, just probably costs less to manufacture), so I'm all for it.

And no- there will be no Stinger exhaust on this baby, so nobody even ask.

Oh yea, the bus got a 2.0L engine in 1976, but in 1974 it was switched to fuel injection... which I've heard really SUCK on the air cooled VW (as far as performance goes). But I'll lurk some forums and ask questions, maybe I'll get one and make it carb'd and turbo'd and fast as hell.
« Last Edit: 10:02:36 PM / 18-Sep-07 by Nemisis »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Nemisis

• S12 Guru
The New Nemesis Project
« Reply #14 on: 05:06:31 PM / 23-Sep-07 »
Okay, noting really new but I just thought I'd post up what needs to be done to this thing first:

-tires (found some online, 5" tread width, $55 each, we need 5)

-Brakes- We don't know their condition, maybe decent, maybe not. But we are gonna fill the system back up (reservoir is bone dry), then pull the wheels and drums off, and see whats going on. After that, we assess the condition of the other braking components and replace as needed. If the fronts are bad enough, we will do a front disc conversion right away (found some decent ones for around $200 whole front kit).

-Engine. Don't know if it runs. Again it was "rebuilt" over 6 years ago, driven a couple times then sat in the garage since then.

After the car is running good and reliable, I'll probably replace alot of the front end linkage componants and busings/ ball joints etc...

THEN-

-Freshen up the engne bay, probably get a nice filter on the current 1 barrel single carb, tune up, probably ditch the points ignition and do an electronic conversion. Possibly a better oil cooling fan. Definitely a nice dual exhaust, but I don't know which one, there are some really coo ones out there, and they're pretty cheap for the whole system, but I want the best power out of it.

-Take Snoop Dogg's advice and "Drop it like its hot." Probably do about 2" all around, maybe 2.5" or 3" front and 2" rear, give it a nice rake, good for weight transfer. I can't drop the rear too much because some exhaust systems need alot of clearance under the car, and I plan on driving this at places that may have speed bumps. Stiffer sway bars, and maybe stiff as hell rear torsion bars (yea, I found brand new performance torsion bars for bugs, again, gatta do more research on how to install them so I can get my desired ride height)

-Misc exterior stuffs. I found clear turn signal lenses, and slick looking tail lights (beehive style in a clear/red/clear lens configuration). And I wanna convince my fiance to let me put T-bar brackets on the front and ditch that big ass ugly bumper

The above stuff is in no real order, just categorized. But what I'm gonna do it in stages- a little bit at a time in each category. I'll post pics later of some exhaust possibilities, and some of the exterior stuff.

...oh yea I don't think so.
« Last Edit: 10:06:37 PM / 23-Sep-07 by Nemisis »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Nemisis

• S12 Guru
The New Nemesis Project
« Reply #15 on: 10:05:42 PM / 23-Sep-07 »
Got nothing to do right now so...

Exhaust system choices:

BUGPACK Dual Quietpack exhaust (Also comes in single that just goes off to the right) $179.99

Street Tube System (I think its made by Mid America Motorsports) Comes in the chrome tips for $199.99 or black $179.99

Euro Tuck system exhaust $149.99

GT Style System exhaust $74.99

These are the beehive tails I want to get and install, pretty slick, and alot less of an eyesore:

There is misc. other stuff that will just be posted up when we put it on and whatnot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline firestarter

The New Nemesis Project
« Reply #16 on: 10:20:13 PM / 23-Sep-07 »
If you need any advice on aircooled vw's feel free to ask, I am a huge vw junkie!! Here is my 63

question-"so why did you get an S12??"
Answer-"cause Corvette owners used to hate being molested by my GTI, now that the C6 Z06 is out, I wanted RWD, plus I'm cheap!!"

Offline Nemisis

• S12 Guru
The New Nemesis Project
« Reply #17 on: 10:32:21 PM / 23-Sep-07 »
One of my big questions is how wide of a tire can I put in the rear?

I was thinking I might be able to do a 15x7 in the back, then how wide of a tire? 225, 235, more? 55 series profile?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline firestarter

The New Nemesis Project
« Reply #18 on: 07:51:24 PM / 24-Sep-07 »
Quote from: Nemisis
One of my big questions is how wide of a tire can I put in the rear?

I was thinking I might be able to do a 15x7 in the back, then how wide of a tire? 225, 235, more? 55 series profile?

I am running a 195/65r15 on a widened steelie to 6.5". and My car is dumped and no rubbing issues, you should be able to get a 225 in there without a single issue!
question-"so why did you get an S12??"
Answer-"cause Corvette owners used to hate being molested by my GTI, now that the C6 Z06 is out, I wanted RWD, plus I'm cheap!!"

Offline Nemisis

• S12 Guru
The New Nemesis Project
« Reply #19 on: 10:13:52 PM / 24-Sep-07 »
Sweet. I might invest in one of those wheel/tire gauges. Ya know, the ones you bolt on in place of your wheel and you fumble around with it and it will tell you the biggest combo...

Probably will run with stock rims and tires for a bit, then I'm thinkin I might try to get a set of these (If my wife-to-be likes/ approves of them enough):

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~