Vg30e To 24 Valve

Started by ñumb, 11:52:52 AM / 19-Sep-07

Previous topic - Next topic

ñumb

So, I have huge plans for my s12, ranging from replacing my stock brakes with brembo brakes ( http://www.zeckhausen.com/images/brake_tes...Brake_Swap3.JPG ) to Fabricating my own body kit. but one of the first things on my list is to get rid of the 12 valve and go for a 24 valve, im having a couple isues with finding any information on it tho...
as far as ive seen no1 has done it with the VG30E, and unfortunatly im not as mechanicly savvy as i would like to be, a mechanic freind of mine is saying that almost all i would need to do is replace my head...

has anyone ever tried this? any information would be awsome  

on a side note i am planning on doing a tranny swap from auto (gross) to 5 spd, also any info on this would be awsome too (i.e. whats a cheap way to do it,  have 2 junkyards within 10 miles of me).
1988 vg30e s12

Premo

lol  you want to put DE heads on the E motor?
They speak of my drinking, but they never consider my thirst
-Scottish proverb

Quote from: EternalSwapThe Greeks contributed to many things in our culture, such as olives, gyros, Lenny Kravitz, anal sex and Oedipus.
premo + hillkill + lots-o-beer =
youtube.com/watch?v=lEecn6pLWLM
youtube.com/watch?v=f0YqCtd96f4

TalkingGoats

Seriously.

Dump the bod kit idea.

Buy a VG30DE motor/trannyset.

You will be happy with the results but you will need to fab alot of shit up for it to work. So I hope you have a welder and a deep pocket.
I'd rather be a matchstick than a lighter.

Garrett76zt

If you're swapping in a VG30DE I dont see many physical problems. The engine mounts for both versions of the VG are the same so it should bolt onto the SE crossmember with no issues. You will have to use the VG30DE's trasmission which will require a bit of fab/customizing for the tranny crossmember. A driveshaft may need to be made at that point. Other than that the only thing I can think of is the room in the engine bay. Due to the wider heads you may need to relocate the power steering pump and a few other misc. resevoirs, etc.

I've got a VG30DETT in my garage that I'd like to see make its way into my s12 with a front mount single turbo setup and a single TB intake manifold. I suppose I'll wait till im bored with the KA.
*sigline deleted for violation of the rules*

TalkingGoats

I would love to see a dett drag s12.

That would be crazy fun.
I'd rather be a matchstick than a lighter.