Anyone Ever Tested A S14 Bumper ?

Started by Frank, 11:30:39 PM / 21-Feb-08

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

s14 bumper on a s12 and just trim the fender to fit ?

LonelyS12

honestly you gotta be kidding, the curves and body style are completely different. if you can photochop it and it looks decent then you have my applause.

i c u breakin' your neck     ;P

IggyEGuana

I looked at the possibility of a kouki S14 front bumber on a S12 recently.  The curvature of it (as seen from above) looks to be too great for the S12.  USDM S14 bumber looks to be the same story.  S13 Silva front bumbers can be made to fit though.

Waylon Deno - Silhouette Autosports (check it out on facebook)
Drift Build Thread
Quote from: Arro
you sir are emblazoned with win.

Frank

Quote from: IggyEGuana
I looked at the possibility of a kouki S14 front bumber on a S12 recently.  The curvature of it (as seen from above) looks to be too great for the S12.  USDM S14 bumber looks to be the same story.  S13 Silva front bumbers can be made to fit though.

after searching the forum for a while i came to the conclusion that silvia s13 AFTERMARKET bumper fits the best ...
however i sawn a s14 kit that was more "square" so i wondered if it could fit

sak1782

I think the whole flow of the car would be too messed up by a s13 kit. Almost all of them that I have seen have been very round. Ive seen a few s14 kits that were alittle more square, as mentioned above. I think that would look MUCH better.

If you guys have any mortgage related questions, shoot me a message. Im a mortgage broker, and have a ton of info in my brain, free for you guys to pick at. Its best to get at it through my nose :)

www.communityfg.com

IggyEGuana

Get a top view of a S14 and a top view of a S12.  You'll see what I'm sayin.  Not that it couldn't be modified to fit.  I think it actually could but I don't know if it would look good.

Drift Build Thread

Jom

Quote from: sak1782
I think the whole flow of the car would be too messed up by a s13 kit. Almost all of them that I have seen have been very round. Ive seen a few s14 kits that were alittle more square, as mentioned above. I think that would look MUCH better.

if you look around youll find a couple guys have already adapted s13 BN kits to their s12's and they look fucking awesome

need to be modified though, but nothing too much for someone determined with some time on their hands
Quote from: sinestro
ok its serriously cold out there but the hatch is 79.4 lbs on my bathroom scale

Radracer_S

Nismo200sx16 had it on his car before he sold it. He's one to ask about it. It was modded however. Supra, s13, s14, prelude, mustang, etc. are some that I heard that have been modded to our cars. I'm still debating on which to go with.  

Power is Nuttin without control!!!!
1984 Nissan 200sx SR20DET GT2871R Silvia   
1994 Toyota 4x4 V6 ext cab  Daily driver
2001 Honda VLX 600 Shadow Customhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/291681

nismo200sx16

you must be thinking of some one else Marvin. wasn't me and I still have the s12.

Arro

Yeah S13 aftermarket bumpers have been done a number of times with very minor modification.
-Jason Arro

'85 Nissan 200SX (KA24DE)
formerly,
'85 Nissan Silvia RS-X - FJ20 w/ dual Weber carbs
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo
Drive it like you stole it, and work on it like you married it - self quote
Quote from: ka-t.orgHella flush and all associates should be gunned down for brainwashing people into thinking a 225 and lots of camber is proper wheel fitment. THAT IS EASY, anyone can camber a skinny as tire till it dosnt rub. Now fitting an 11 with a 315 on stock fender with reasonable camber, that is fitment. And looks, and performs better than both.
Quote from: s-chassis_only on 07:43:21 PM / 25-Sep-10 i dont own a s12 at the moment but trying to acquire one to get rid of my s13 hatch
Quote from: SHOUTBOX[27:54] zastaba: I had a friend touch the contacts on his distributer once
[28:04] zastaba: He did the super jumping up and down pain dance

IggyEGuana

^^
and depending on the bumper they look hott!

Drift Build Thread

Radracer_S

Quote from: nismo200sx16
you must be thinking of some one else Marvin. wasn't me and I still have the s12.

My bad. It was Nebuchernezzer in Australia. But sold it.  

Power is Nuttin without control!!!!
1984 Nissan 200sx SR20DET GT2871R Silvia   
1994 Toyota 4x4 V6 ext cab  Daily driver
2001 Honda VLX 600 Shadow Customhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/291681

TurboNotch