Jorge's S12 Of Doom

Started by forivadel, 12:58:20 PM / 22-Mar-08

Previous topic - Next topic

forivadel

Heres my car. Im getting more and more familiar with her, so I thought that you should too. 1988 Nissan 200SX XE with the run of the mill CA20E.

when first bought

as she stands now

Never really had any interests in car performance or maintenance. Having high exposure in California to imports, I've always been partial to them but the ââ,¬Å"sceneââ,¬Â or the ricer way of life is what kept me away.

When I moved out of California, I was in search for a car. One day I came across a 1987 hatchback Toyota Corolla. Nostalgia instantly hit, as my first car was a 1987 hatchback Nissan Sentra. So I was set out to search for a boxy 80ââ,¬â,,¢s hatchback and I thatââ,¬â,,¢s when I found my 88 200sx. Wikiââ,¬â,,¢d for more info and found out the chassis code and thatââ,¬â,,¢s how I came upon club-s12.

So this will be my first car with me doing anything and everything myself or more so without the help of any dealership and mechanics of that sort.

I didnââ,¬â,,¢t realize how much these cars run for and I basically overpaid for the condition I bought it for. But in the end I donââ,¬â,,¢t care much cause I really like my car and am doing everything I can to make her better.

So far, there have been quite a few things I've done and I have much more planned for the distant future.
I've got my own place now and bought tools and stuff and am on my way to be a regular ol grease monkey.

Recently:
Leaky fuel injector

fix'd

Oil change w/ Semi synthetic motor oil

replaced brakes w/ semi-metallic brake pads
various lights in gauge cluster, instrument panel, & license plate replaced

near future plans: suspension!
wheels, lowering springs, struts & shocks and other sorts of  maintenance
fix leaky power steering fluid

distant future: engine swap!
not decided yet but so far its between ka24de or ca18det
paint the car in awesome color

Any comments, constructive criticisms, or blatant shouts of hatred and ill-will are welcomed (though not recommended)

Julie

should track down an SE kit, tint the windows, install a good stereo system, and do a good round of routine maintence. change the spark plugs, wires, belts, flush the rest of the fluids, and put in a new air filter, such as a higer performance k&n that will fit the stock air box.

"like people, every car possesses a unique character, with its own DNA, talents, and idiosyncrasies. push it too hard and it'll turn on you, as a person would. if its worth anything, it gets more interesting the more you get to know it"

luck is earned through hard work and determination, not to mention the willingness to take risks and to see bad luck and setbacks as opportunities for growth and a new direction.

sinestro

i just think its kinda funny that the hub caps have a 5 bolt look but the steel rims that they covered are 4 bolts. at least you got a nice straight looking car, a nice paint job could'nt hurt but i've seen far worse. i have the same tool set, it sucks when you pick it up by the handle and all the sockets fall out of the there spots, does'nt it, i sit there for like 20 minutes or so and put everything where it is labled to go and that happens everytime, i just give up now and don't even bother anymore
"You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat."

userbar by someone?

i know old navy sucks, but i can't help myself i like the music...
http://www.iamlights.com/

nunquam dormio

EightySix200SX

YEA USE A KN FILTER FROM A NEWER ALTIMA A QR25 POWRED ONE TRIM THE SIDES DOWN THE RUBBER EDGING TO FIT THATS WHAT I DID WORKS LIKE A CHARM. CAT BACK EXHAUST IF U WANT.
ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,«LOW.XII.POSITIONÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,».nostalgic car culture & club ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,¦est.2004
ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,¡lowfunsexytime! Global New & Used Parts Sales/Distribution

CLUB-S12 FEEDBACK RATING +72! CLICK HERE
ANYTHING  LOOKIKG FOR :  PARTS IN STOCK CLICK HERE
NEED S12 PARTS NOT LISTED IN MY THREAD? EMAIL lowXIIposition@yahoo.com OR Facebook US: www.facebook.com/need12parts/
I <3 DEMI LOVATO= ID SMASH! SELENA GOMEZ/MILEY CYRUS= R TRASH!

Quote from: fyneyoungstunna on 07:29:16 PM / 09-Jul-11
Damn let a Nig have a moment of glory b4 you start fucking with him.

forivadel

Quote from: julie
should track down an SE kit, tint the windows, install a good stereo system, and do a good round of routine maintence. change the spark plugs, wires, belts, flush the rest of the fluids, and put in a new air filter, such as a higer performance k&n that will fit the stock air box.

thanks for the tip    hadn't really planned on doing plugs and wires, but it wouldnt hurt to do them. se kit definitely on the to do list but not my top priority since theres like a bajillion other small things that need replacing.
dome light switch broken, missing window handles, broken, not cracked, broken dashboard and the list goes on. i oughta head out to the junk yard some time soon and check out what they have.

Quote from: sinestro
i just think its kinda funny that the hub caps have a 5 bolt look but the steel rims that they covered are 4 bolts. at least you got a nice straight looking car, a nice paint job could'nt hurt but i've seen far worse. i have the same tool set, it sucks when you pick it up by the handle and all the sockets fall out of the there spots, does'nt it, i sit there for like 20 minutes or so and put everything where it is labled to go and that happens everytime, i just give up now and don't even bother anymore

yah, its happened to me once, so i decided to leave in the garage like it it sits in the picture. shitty case, but still i enjoy having them tools.

Quote from: EightySix200SX
YEA USE A KN FILTER FROM A NEWER ALTIMA A QR25 POWRED ONE TRIM THE SIDES DOWN THE RUBBER EDGING TO FIT THATS WHAT I DID WORKS LIKE A CHARM. CAT BACK EXHAUST IF U WANT.

.... CAPSLOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL.

sideways_s12

not a bad looking s12 i love the look of the mk2 hatch but love the mk1 notch better

IggyEGuana

Waylon Deno - Silhouette Autosports (check it out on facebook)
Drift Build Thread
Quote from: Arro
you sir are emblazoned with win.

forivadel

i decided to use my weekend to clean my car up a bit. mostly in hopes to get rid of that old car and grease smell.

as anyone is able to tell, it needs a little bit of a vacuuming.
i did so. thought it came out quite nice.

while the seats were out, i also went through the trouble to hose them down a bit
before:

and after:

i put her back together (sorta) and am quite happy with the results

unfortunately, i think i stripped a bolt that goes to one of the seat brackets and was unable to put it back in.

pro-tip:
1. random gauge cluster shot

2. random cat picture

3. gunk

4. ???
5. PROFIT

Arro

Ok man I will say this you did an amazing job cleaning up those seats! What did you use?

I'm going to use your center console pictures for some reference info... from what I see there, what I want to do, I can do now.
-Jason Arro

'85 Nissan 200SX (KA24DE)
formerly,
'85 Nissan Silvia RS-X - FJ20 w/ dual Weber carbs
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo
Drive it like you stole it, and work on it like you married it - self quote
Quote from: ka-t.orgHella flush and all associates should be gunned down for brainwashing people into thinking a 225 and lots of camber is proper wheel fitment. THAT IS EASY, anyone can camber a skinny as tire till it dosnt rub. Now fitting an 11 with a 315 on stock fender with reasonable camber, that is fitment. And looks, and performs better than both.
Quote from: s-chassis_only on 07:43:21 PM / 25-Sep-10 i dont own a s12 at the moment but trying to acquire one to get rid of my s13 hatch
Quote from: SHOUTBOX[27:54] zastaba: I had a friend touch the contacts on his distributer once
[28:04] zastaba: He did the super jumping up and down pain dance

forivadel

Quote from: IggyEGuana
http://www.ka-t.org/

thank you, sir. if/when i decide to go the ka route, ill definitely be looking into this. although thatll be even longer from now, cause if i do go with the ka, ill be getting the dual cam. since i have absolutely no experience with turbocharging whatsoever, im gonna go na for a while. then, once i get bored with that, ill slap some turbo on.
when everything is all said and done, im lookin to get 200hp to the wheels. does that sound unreasonable?

Quote from: Arro
Ok man I will say this you did an amazing job cleaning up those seats! What did you use?

I'm going to use your center console pictures for some reference info... from what I see there, what I want to do, I can do now.

i bought this vacuum for my girl called delphin pro-air. its some german made vacuum that uses water to filter. it has this attachment to spray water and suck it back up. i just used some carpet cleaner on the seats, let it soak for some and then went to town with the vacuum. sprayed it down with water and vacuumed about 3 times each seat. still in the process of doing the back seats. those are in even nastier shape then my front seats.

xxunkn0wnxx

Yea, Great job cleaning the carpeting and seats up. Damn its clean as hell unlike mine which is stained and cracked past revival. But shit looks immaculate

200sxkitcar

Sometimes, I just take the seats out, soak them solidly with whatever cleaner I've chosen, and then hit it HARD with the hose, usually that will work as well.  Interior looks terrific, too, btw.  Gotta love the southern state cars, rust free and usually decent paint, all you gotta do is clean it real good.

Looking at your pics, I'm not so sure that the panels I have for you are going to work, as you have manual windows and the panels with the bulge covering the speakers are for power windows (as in, the bulge outward holds the pw switches).  I thought this might be a problem, but forgot to ask you.  I'll look at the panels tomorrow and think about it.

your car

power windowed car

I don't think thats going to work because you would have to extend the shaft the crank goes on, and then the surface is still angled on top of it.
Sterling Picton

forivadel

::NEWS FLASH~!::

One not-so-broken gauge cluster

There's some other stuff that I'm trying to do. Like, change my tranny fluid but, this drain bolt is seized pretty bad on there.

looks like i stripped it, but if i had an impact tool, think i could take it out?

JonB

looks like the trans plug isn't too bad. You'd think somthin' like that would have a complete circle in the center before the drive would slip in it. Try a different driver?

EternalSwap

Try a torch.

And is the Gauge cluster out of a V6? That might be why.
-Alex

EL PENE DE LA MUERTE
Quote from: David B
wow. im horny. i dont know why. but i just figured id let you guys know. i really wanna bite someones bean. i mean. chomp on some ass
Quote from: Arro on 12:26:40 AM / 10-Nov-10
hahah Alex just pwned C-S12, w3rd.

forivadel

Quote from: EternalSwap
Try a torch.

And is the Gauge cluster out of a V6? That might be why.

that's what i was was thinking. oem tire size is not that big, so it shouldn't affect that much.

oh wait, are gear ratios' for the vg different than the ca?
i'll have to ask sterling to confirm whether or not its from an se cause i dont know for sure.

EternalSwap

-Alex

EL PENE DE LA MUERTE
Quote from: David B
wow. im horny. i dont know why. but i just figured id let you guys know. i really wanna bite someones bean. i mean. chomp on some ass
Quote from: Arro on 12:26:40 AM / 10-Nov-10
hahah Alex just pwned C-S12, w3rd.

Gopher

go find one of those cheap tool stores like harbor freight and grab yourself a 1/2 drive "big" breaker bar thats how i got all my drain plugs off.  its the biggest breaker bar ever i love it.
Fashion can be bought, style you must possess.