Quote from: asparagus
Baller? You mean janky? Costs like 20 bucks at the yards lol

exactly

anything is baller, it doesnt have to be baller, but it is baller

jeah
Quote from: sinestro
ok its serriously cold out there but the hatch is 79.4 lbs on my bathroom scale

JuneBug

Anyone ever thought about having a surfboard shop make the parts.  They might be more willing to make parts custom parts, especially during the winter off season.  I was just watching the dirty jobs surfboard episode and with the equipment that the shop had it would be cake for them to make parts.  They have machines that just spray the fiberglass and resin on.  It would be very easy for them to just spray fiberglass onto a hood to make a a mold and then spray the glass onto the mold and make copies.

Jom

Quote from: lvDave
Anyone ever thought about having a surfboard shop make the parts.  They might be more willing to make parts custom parts, especially during the winter off season.  I was just watching the dirty jobs surfboard episode and with the equipment that the shop had it would be cake for them to make parts.  They have machines that just spray the fiberglass and resin on.  It would be very easy for them to just spray fiberglass onto a hood to make a a mold and then spray the glass onto the mold and make copies.

im not even gonna lie, thats a good idea

if someone has a surfboard shop nearby let them know whats poppin and that the s12 community needs them
Quote from: sinestro
ok its serriously cold out there but the hatch is 79.4 lbs on my bathroom scale

Doug

im kinda late joing the discussion but im good with fibreglass work, my only issue is time.. i dont get that much free time to mess around with it, i do plan on trying to make fibreglass fenders in the future. For front lips, side skirts, wings and whatever else i prefer to modify something from another car to fit as custom fibreglass work is so messy.

fyneyoungstunna

[attachmentid=250]whos car is this??

yeah so the first shop is more of a no. but the fiberglass guy at the shop is juggling the idea. sorry for the long wait,he just contacted me today. With the hillclimb getting closer and closer most of the ppl up here are swamped, but some of them have said if nothing i might be able to use their facilities in the off season. No surf shops here, im land locked. There is a Rod(hotrod) shop here that does one-off bodies, but i have yet to contact them.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

KillyBamp

^^^ That is an Erabuni (Erebuni?) front, and they've gone into liquidation, and they don't have any of those left, and they don't have the mould either - I asked. I'd give my pecans for one of those fronts

NE of the UK

Draconis

Yanno what's funny, I have also approached them a couple years back.  It seems that many of us have tried to get a hold of them and yet, they still dont want anything to do with it.

S-NationS12

This thread is long since dead..however for those of you wanting to do a bit of custom work on the cheap...why not try like the origin labs wings for the S13?
http://origin-lab.com/index.php?section=sp...k&model=S13
http://origin-lab.com/index.php?section=sp...f&model=S13

or doing a mod to your own hood?
http://www.nicoclub.com/articles.php?id=168601

or someone doing their own lip and marketing on the cheap for the rest of the S12 community
http://www.nicoclub.com/articles.php?id=215183

or even someone buying a S13 kit, and making like a template for others to follow to get the lines flush with the kit so that no matter what kit people actually do buy...its still a template that will work for them.
I'm just tossing out ideas though
(I'm new by the way, nice to meet you all, lol)

PURPLEâ€Ã,¦OGâ€Ã,¦KUSH - I'm curious to see what Rauh-Welt could do with an S12 hatch
DeathAndMajesty - lol They would probably smelt it into another porsche.

Whatchu know bout Hard Gay?!?!
Hard Gay Clickie!

Arro

Wow that hood mod came out great, that guy should win an award seriously for practical genius.

Those of us with turbo hood bulges can't do that. Oh well.

Another idea tho for you flat-hooders is to take the hood vent from a 1984-86 Dodge Daytona Turbo Z and fit it to the flat Mark I hood.

I looked all over for a clear picture but no success. Anyways it's functional and has a nice baffle to catch rain with.

-Jason Arro

'85 Nissan 200SX (KA24DE)
formerly,
'85 Nissan Silvia RS-X - FJ20 w/ dual Weber carbs
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo
Drive it like you stole it, and work on it like you married it - self quote
Quote from: ka-t.orgHella flush and all associates should be gunned down for brainwashing people into thinking a 225 and lots of camber is proper wheel fitment. THAT IS EASY, anyone can camber a skinny as tire till it dosnt rub. Now fitting an 11 with a 315 on stock fender with reasonable camber, that is fitment. And looks, and performs better than both.
Quote from: s-chassis_only on 07:43:21 PM / 25-Sep-10 i dont own a s12 at the moment but trying to acquire one to get rid of my s13 hatch
Quote from: SHOUTBOX[27:54] zastaba: I had a friend touch the contacts on his distributer once
[28:04] zastaba: He did the super jumping up and down pain dance

S-NationS12

Quote from: Arro
Wow that hood mod came out great, that guy should win an award seriously for practical genius.

Those of us with turbo hood bulges can't do that. Oh well.
Hang on now
Ever seen this? found it here so I'm assuming someone on this site has this car (sorry, lol) great work, from what I've read this is a custom fender and hood as well

Besides, who says turbo hood guys cant have something like that?  Ever seen Knight sports FD3S hood?  Do something like that at the top of the hoods to help relieve engine bay heat

Do something like that at the top corners..I wouldnt suggest all those holes, doesnt match the lines of our car..but the top 2 could help
PURPLEâ€Ã,¦OGâ€Ã,¦KUSH - I'm curious to see what Rauh-Welt could do with an S12 hatch
DeathAndMajesty - lol They would probably smelt it into another porsche.

Whatchu know bout Hard Gay?!?!
Hard Gay Clickie!

Arro

You obviously haven't seen a turbo hood very closely or had much time to look one over. The hood bulge is directly over the modified area in that pic. And if you remove the hood bulge, it leaves a big square hole in the hood.

Like I said, those of us with turbo hoods can't do that.
-Jason Arro

formerly,
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo
Quote from: ka-t.orgHella flush and all associates should be gunned down for brainwashing people into thinking a 225 and lots of camber is proper wheel fitment. THAT IS EASY, anyone can camber a skinny as tire till it dosnt rub. Now fitting an 11 with a 315 on stock fender with reasonable camber, that is fitment. And looks, and performs better than both.
Quote from: s-chassis_only on 07:43:21 PM / 25-Sep-10 i dont own a s12 at the moment but trying to acquire one to get rid of my s13 hatch
Quote from: SHOUTBOX[27:54] zastaba: I had a friend touch the contacts on his distributer once

gerrybg

From memeory that car was in Thailand. (Didn't know they were Rhd there)

Xano

Quote from: Arro
You obviously haven't seen a turbo hood very closely or had much time to look one over. The hood bulge is directly over the modified area in that pic. And if you remove the hood bulge, it leaves a big square hole in the hood.

Like I said, those of us with turbo hoods can't do that.
Arro, if you look towards the left and right sides, you'll see a small slit near the windshield edge, I believe thats what he's talking about.
~xano

Arro

The problem is the turbo hood has a big gaping hole in it, held together by the scoop. You don't want to mess too much with the remaining surface area, or you weaken the hood. Sure it sees air across the top, but it's a pressurized zone underneath, too, and people forget that sometimes.

I know that some of you will groan... "weaken the hood? wtf?" But if you take off the hood scoop you'd see what I meant.

You know what, I think today I will do that and take good pictures of it.

-Jason Arro

formerly,
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo

88xe

How about a BMW e30 rear spoiler I was thinking about one for my crx but it might work on a coupe.
http://www.bmwinfo.com/pictures/00662.jpg.

Arro

This is why you can't do that hood modification to an '84 turbo bulge hood:

There's nowhere to do it.
-Jason Arro

formerly,
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo