Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: JZ S12 BUILD, RIP 2012  (Read 346358 times)

Offline Ju_S12_Turbo

Re: JZ S12 BUILD, RIP 2012
« Reply #2100 on: 08:33:17 PM / 08-Mar-12 »
Good call getting a S14, I picked up a shell as well, That being said I am keeping the S12 as my Drift missile/DD because it is fun to wreck people with nicer cars with it lol. But Honestly S13/14 drift way better, I use to say "blah blah, 240sx are dumb cause everyone has them" But After drifting them, its easy to see why people get them. They are just a better over all car with aftermarket and lots of info. 

Don't get me wrong I love my S12 to death and will probably never get rid of it, but I pretty much gave up on the idea of it being a full on pro car. At least for now considering the amount of custom fab it would take to get it to that point.
« Last Edit: 08:35:48 PM / 08-Mar-12 by Ju_S12_Turbo »

Offline nismo_200sx

• http://
« Reply #2101 on: 11:30:56 PM / 08-Mar-12 »
fuck anything that isn't an s12. i'm gonna be full race building mine here in a couple years. saving up parts and money. gonna be full cage. 450whp ca18det. fully built suspension setup, power brace, tubbed fenders, big ass brakes, hydro e brake, custom harness for weight reduction by like 50lbs, custom seat rails with bucket seats, 6 point harnesses, fuel cell, plexiglass windows, body work, paintjob, perfection pretty much. i'm never giving up on my s12
1987 Nissan 200sx

Offline Ju_S12_Turbo

« Reply #2102 on: 01:59:49 AM / 09-Mar-12 »
fuck anything that isn't an s12.

I understand where you are coming from, but something to remember. Most of the parts that you are going to use are coming from the newer chassis. Also being different isn't being better, its just different, and to top it off have you even read this whole thread? This man has never given up on his car, even after all of the hardships it put him through. He wanted a change so he is making one. Lol and have you ever drifted a s13/s14 that is set up for drifting? they drift themselves! lol

Offline D-sport S12

• Vehicle: 1986 Nissan S12
« Reply #2103 on: 08:38:31 AM / 09-Mar-12 »
  Lol and have you ever drifted a s13/s14 that is set up for drifting? they drift themselves! lol

They are soo easy. That is why I'm looking at buying a friends coupe as a back up for when I wreck my s12/ dd. I had big plans for my s12 to but I need to be more realistic
Jesse R

Keichi Tsuchiya: "I'm afraid if I raced you on the street I'd push you to your death."

Offline David B

• S12 Guru
« Reply #2104 on: 09:31:25 AM / 09-Mar-12 »
I could always get another one, I'm 21. But for now I need a whole car together you guys will see, and yea, I already rocked the shit out of the s12

Hybrid swapped, tandemed etc

caged ca20e/ka24e/sr20det/ka24de/1jzgte SRA hatch. super sick

Quote from: Arro
Goddamn David you seriously are hard core man.
Quote from: tjs91tsi
Ohh, and unless you havn't figured it out yet, Stop driving with coolant leaks and Stop dropping nails in your fucking trannys!!!

Offline Redneck

« Reply #2105 on: 09:47:37 AM / 09-Mar-12 »
Lol and have you ever drifted a s13/s14 that is set up for drifting? they drift themselves!

They are soo easy. That is why I'm looking at buying a friends coupe as a back up for when I wreck my s12/ dd. I had big plans for my s12 to but I need to be more realistic

Apparently David coming out of the closet has prompted more members to display their true feelings. They want cars that basically drift themselves. But of course after drift events they will wanna take the credit as if they were doing most of the work. How many s13/s14 owners do you see getting out of their cars after events and saying "Yeah honestly I can't take much cred cause this car basically drifts itself"? That would be the day. I have owned both the s13 and s14 in addition to my s12's and while I really liked them and they were super cake to drift there was absolutely no challenge. Thats the problem. If you are even a halfway decent driver its not hard at all to drift them. This is why I ultimately sold both. I'm not going to lie to myself and pat myself on the back for something that isn't that difficult even if it looks difficult. Then I'd just be a wannabe sellout poser like Ken Block making gymkhana videos to promote selling my made in China shoes instead of winning rally races like a boss.
FIrst my rims are horrible, than there ok when painted black , now my cars horrible, now my fenders are to much after i was told i couldnt do it.... Lol club s12 ftw.....  Only here have Ive been told they look like shit..... SOrry its not bone stock with crown vic rims running the stock vg making 130whp and looks generic like every other one. My car looks dope ive been told this a billion times on local forums....

Offline kelso840

« Reply #2106 on: 11:18:23 AM / 09-Mar-12 »
You're telling me, given the chance, you wouldn't do what Ken Block does for a living?
Infrequently driving an s12.

Offline D-sport S12

« Reply #2107 on: 11:57:11 AM / 09-Mar-12 »
Never said I wasn't gonna stop drifting it. My s12 isn't gonna leave my grasp until it is so utterly fucked that it can't be fixed what so ever
Jesse R

Keichi Tsuchiya: "I'm afraid if I raced you on the street I'd push you to your death."

Offline Redneck

« Reply #2108 on: 12:36:44 PM / 09-Mar-12 »
You're telling me, given the chance, you wouldn't do what Ken Block does for a living?

This is by far the most overused Ken Block supporter defense ever. YOUR TELLING ME YOU WOULDN'T DO WHAT KEN BLOCK DOES FOR A LIVING GIVEN THE CHANCE? Thats like defending Justin Bieber because "who wouldn't want to make millions while having tween bitches put your posters all over their bedroom walls all for just singing BABY BABY BABY over and over again". At the end of the day Block, like Bieber, is an overrated poser. Both have mediocre skills (at best) at what they do but for some reason large amounts of clueless people like to think they have massive talent.

And what exactly does Ken Block do for a living? He promotes his shoes for a living while making occasional gymkhana videos that all look the same (that also require 100's of takes for him to get perfect since he is such an "awesome" driver). Ken Block knows he couldn't compete in real rally racing if he tried which is why he spends all his time making the same old gymkhana videos while using his car as a poster board for all of his brands/advertisements/capitalist interests/etc. At the end of the day he doesn't care about being a good driver, he only cares about his low intelligence fan base continuing to keep purchasing his products by wooing them into thinking he is a much better driver then he actually is. Which is basically the same principle most s13/s14 drivers use. They try and make themselves look like much better drivers then they really are by getting a car that basically drifts itself. It is sad the lack of pride people have at actually taking the more challenging and ultimately rewarding road. These days its all about maximum vanity and selling out to make the quick buck.
« Last Edit: 12:38:40 PM / 09-Mar-12 by Redneck »
FIrst my rims are horrible, than there ok when painted black , now my cars horrible, now my fenders are to much after i was told i couldnt do it.... Lol club s12 ftw.....  Only here have Ive been told they look like shit..... SOrry its not bone stock with crown vic rims running the stock vg making 130whp and looks generic like every other one. My car looks dope ive been told this a billion times on local forums....

Offline David B

• S12 Guru
« Reply #2109 on: 12:43:00 PM / 09-Mar-12 »

Here's some pics of the upcoming car
Needs seats and a motor and a RL over fender
It's a friend I've met through drifting, it's got full suspension knuckles etc everything I'm gonna need, it previously had a 1j so the install will be cake

It's got a cage also, got a great deal on it.. Gonna be sik

Post Merge: [time]12:49:22 PM / 09-Mar-12 [/time]
Redneck you don't know ken block, it's sad to think you view him like that, he is a pioneer and has more driving skill then you will ever have, sponsors and media may make him look bad to you, but he probally could care less since his life is boss
« Last Edit: 12:50:20 PM / 09-Mar-12 by David B »

Ohh, and unless you havn't figured it out yet, Stop driving with coolant leaks and Stop dropping nails in your fucking trannys!!!

Offline D-sport S12

« Reply #2110 on: 01:26:14 PM / 09-Mar-12 »
Love it, especially the 6666 customs rear wing. Love them on these cars
Jesse R

Offline I_heart_VVL

• ✄-------
« Reply #2111 on: 02:11:14 PM / 09-Mar-12 »
This is by far the most overused Ken Block supporter defense ever. YOUR TELLING ME YOU WOULDN'T DO WHAT KEN BLOCK DOES FOR A LIVING GIVEN THE CHANCE? Thats like defending Justin Bieber because "who wouldn't want to make millions while having tween bitches put your posters all over their bedroom walls all for just singing BABY BABY BABY over and over again". At the end of the day Block, like Bieber, is an overrated poser. Both have mediocre skills (at best) at what they do but for some reason large amounts of clueless people like to think they have massive talent.

And what exactly does Ken Block do for a living? He promotes his shoes for a living while making occasional gymkhana videos that all look the same (that also require 100's of takes for him to get perfect since he is such an "awesome" driver). Ken Block knows he couldn't compete in real rally racing if he tried which is why he spends all his time making the same old gymkhana videos while using his car as a poster board for all of his brands/advertisements/capitalist interests/etc. At the end of the day he doesn't care about being a good driver, he only cares about his low intelligence fan base continuing to keep purchasing his products by wooing them into thinking he is a much better driver then he actually is. Which is basically the same principle most s13/s14 drivers use. They try and make themselves look like much better drivers then they really are by getting a car that basically drifts itself. It is sad the lack of pride people have at actually taking the more challenging and ultimately rewarding road. These days its all about maximum vanity and selling out to make the quick buck.
LOL who pissed in your cheerios?
I'ma go buy a 240 so I can go drifting and become fucking Ken Block and get net glory overnight cause I drive a 240.
He's getting an S14 because it is a tried and true platform for drifting and has something vital that the S12 doesn't. Lol, sometimes the S12 fanboys are just as bad as the 240 fanboys which are as bad as the Honda fanboys.

Car looks great David! In for updates :grinwink:
1987 SE V6 - Gone
2004 Mazda RX8 GT - Gone
2003 Subaru WRX - Gone
1997 Mazda Miata - SOLD!
2003 Nissan 350Z - Gone
1989 RHD RB25 S13 - Gone, thank god
1989 two tone SR coupe because s12s are dumb

Offline David B

• S12 Guru
« Reply #2112 on: 02:57:02 PM / 09-Mar-12 »
« Last Edit: 08:02:31 PM / 23-Mar-12 by David B »

Offline Ju_S12_Turbo

« Reply #2113 on: 03:32:12 PM / 09-Mar-12 »
Apparently David coming out of the closet has prompted more members to display their true feelings. They want cars that basically drift themselves.

Thats not it at all, when you know a car is always going to do something good, you can use your skill to do something even better. When you are wondering, "Hmmm I wonder if my car is going to flick the same or if the axles are gonna blow up" it makes your killer skill look ok and that sucks when you know you could be wrecking everyone else if you just had a better or even the same set up as them. Plus everyone one is acting like he will never come back to a S12 again, Shit S12's are like herpes, even when you think they are gone they just randomly come back into your life lol

Offline CamInHead

« Reply #2114 on: 11:41:03 AM / 11-Mar-12 »
While I'm not about to join-in with the Block hate, he does have a habit of putting a WRC 'motor on it's roof......and not winning.....
« Last Edit: 11:41:31 AM / 11-Mar-12 by CamInHead »

Offline Baby

« Reply #2115 on: 04:26:46 AM / 12-Mar-12 »
Any footage of your so far?? I see that camera

Offline cutter67

• Has Earned a gold star!
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
« Reply #2116 on: 05:38:29 AM / 12-Mar-12 »
i like the s13/s14 i just dont like what some people do to them and i dont like what some people do to the s12. as far as the car drifting itself is a little overboard. they are a better car to drift. to me 90% of the guys on this forum are trying to turn their s12s into s13/s14. all the time same question with this fit from a s13 or will that fit from a s14. David most likely feels is it the car or his driving skill that is holding him back the only way to really find out is move to a better car. lets face it he took the s12 all the way and then some. the car on this build thread was so changed could it even be called a s12 anymore. good luck again

Ken Block can't drive i wish i could drive half as good as him. it would take me 2000 takes to get some of his moves right if i could even do them.
« Last Edit: 05:42:37 AM / 12-Mar-12 by cutter67 »

Offline David B

• S12 Guru
« Reply #2117 on: 11:54:40 AM / 12-Mar-12 »
thanks for the positive feedback :)
i gotta do what i gotta do, whichever path it takes to have the most fun.

Offline nismo_200sx

• http://
« Reply #2118 on: 03:21:19 PM / 12-Mar-12 »
this s14 is so dope. thank god i do not see ls1 in that especially since it has a sikky sticker hahahahaha
1987 Nissan 200sx

Offline Gomesf1

« Reply #2119 on: 09:09:44 PM / 18-Mar-12 »
dont you has another s12?
imagine a ka and a vg as women. I prefer the one that had less hands on it. The ka is a loose prostitute that every one and their brother knows lol.
if my dicks not hard by the end of a run....it wasnt fast enough!!!!!
i heard if you put sand in your gas tank the ultra fine particles clean out your fuel injectors

[13:23] drummingpariah: the race card is what everyone who's not white gets to play in the poker game of life
[13:35] drummingpariah: it always wins