Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: An Addition To The Forum Guidlines  (Read 5139 times)

Offline Jsvob03

• Moderators
  • S12 Guru
An Addition To The Forum Guidlines
« on: 04:12:32 PM / 17-Jun-08 »
Recently, we've seen a number of posts that we're a little offensive in their subject matter. While these topics do not violate any written rules, we the moderation team are asking that anyone posting be use some discretion.

Just so you guys know, if you put up a NSFW (Not Safe For Work) tag, you'd better believe we (the moderation team) will be watching the thread very closely. If we believe it to be overly offensive/grotesque, or otherwise not suited for discussion on this forum, WE WILL REMOVE IT without haste, and the poster will be warned EVEN if only the first time. We're not trying to discourage you from posting, just asking that you consider your audience.

edit: Make sure to read all the way to the bottom. the way warnings will be dished out is different from that stated above. js

If you have something you want to post (be it a movie coming out, news story, whatever) and feel it may not be suitable, by all means contact the moderation team. We want you to be able to have an open conversation about anything, but it is our duty to keep things under control. The worst we can say is no.

We thank everyone in advance.
« Last Edit: 09:09:18 PM / 14-May-09 by Jsvob03 »

Facebook Share    

Offline sideways_s12

• CS12 OG
  • Global Moderator
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1987 Nissan 200SX
  • Quit Fuckin around and start the car!
« Reply #1 on: 04:15:17 PM / 17-Jun-08 »
so then my question is what's nthe point of nsfw tag then it's to point that there may be some obscene things in the thread so beware and also to let you know it may be offensive so if you are offended easily don't read that thread

Offline Julie

• S12 Guru
    • http://
« Reply #2 on: 04:17:53 PM / 17-Jun-08 »
use discretion with what you guys post, but keep in mind that most of the forum is composed of people who are old enough to drive and own cars, so we're mature enough to show things that other forums might not allow. if anyone has questions about content they would like to post, then dont hesitate to send one of the staff members a private message so they can view it first and give you the ok.

"like people, every car possesses a unique character, with its own DNA, talents, and idiosyncrasies. push it too hard and it'll turn on you, as a person would. if its worth anything, it gets more interesting the more you get to know it"

luck is earned through hard work and determination, not to mention the willingness to take risks and to see bad luck and setbacks as opportunities for growth and a new direction.

Offline sideways_s12

• CS12 OG
  • Global Moderator
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #3 on: 04:19:06 PM / 17-Jun-08 »
....nevermind

Offline Arro

• Administrator
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1985 Nissan 200SX
    • http://www.cardomain.com/id/arro200sx
« Reply #4 on: 04:21:56 PM / 17-Jun-08 »
You can be not safe for work simply showing a little nudity in some kind of humorous video skit (which would be ok to post with the NSFW title), or you can be not safe for work showing something really offensive , such as rape or other brutality (which is not acceptable).

We don't want people to try to find the loopholes in what we're telling you. We want you to use your own common sense before posting something.

Children don't use good judgment, which is why they aren't allowed to drive, or vote, or own guns, or drink, under a certain age. We aren't children here, or shouldn't be. It's less about age and more about *common sense* and good judgment.
-Jason Arro

'85 Nissan 200SX (KA24DE)
formerly,
'85 Nissan Silvia RS-X - FJ20 w/ dual Weber carbs
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo
Drive it like you stole it, and work on it like you married it - self quote
Quote from: ka-t.org
Hella flush and all associates should be gunned down for brainwashing people into thinking a 225 and lots of camber is proper wheel fitment. THAT IS EASY, anyone can camber a skinny as tire till it dosnt rub. Now fitting an 11 with a 315 on stock fender with reasonable camber, that is fitment. And looks, and performs better than both.
i dont own a s12 at the moment but trying to acquire one to get rid of my s13 hatch
Quote from: SHOUTBOX
[27:54] zastaba: I had a friend touch the contacts on his distributer once
[28:04] zastaba: He did the super jumping up and down pain dance

Offline Jsvob03

• Moderators
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #5 on: 04:22:15 PM / 17-Jun-08 »
the tag just lets people know who are at work, school, around kids that it may not be suitable for viewing given their surroundings.

Offline sideways_s12

• CS12 OG
  • Global Moderator
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #6 on: 04:24:15 PM / 17-Jun-08 »
Quote from: Arro
You can be not safe for work simply showing a little nudity in some kind of humorous video skit (which would be ok to post with the NSFW title), or you can be not safe for work showing something really offensive , such as rape or other brutality (which is not acceptable).

We don't want people to try to find the loopholes in what we're telling you. We want you to use your own common sense before posting something.

Children don't use good judgment, which is why they aren't allowed to drive, or vote, or own guns, or drink, under a certain age. We aren't children here, or shouldn't be. It's less about age and more about *common sense* and good judgment.

Common sense is well......not to common

Offline Draconis

« Reply #7 on: 04:57:31 PM / 17-Jun-08 »
LOL Nice one Sideways.  Unfortunately that is true quite a bit.  Anyway, remember, this is an international forum so we should use discression concerning this and the fact that this is the net, so there may be people of all ages looking at this.  One suggestion would to put both a NSFW sign and under the Club Lounge section.  This will help control the possible audience.

Offline Redneck

« Reply #8 on: 04:58:11 PM / 17-Jun-08 »
Quote from: Jsvob03
If you have something you want to post (be it a movie coming out, news story, whatever) and feel it may not be suitable, by all means contact the moderation team. We want you to be able to have an open conversation about anything, but it is our duty to keep things under control. The worst we can say is no.
I am guessing this is why the news stories Jeffwins posted yesterday about the girl being raped and torchered for 19 hours and the man beating his 2 year old kid on the side of the road are gone forum all of a sudden.
FIrst my rims are horrible, than there ok when painted black , now my cars horrible, now my fenders are to much after i was told i couldnt do it.... Lol club s12 ftw.....  Only here have Ive been told they look like shit..... SOrry its not bone stock with crown vic rims running the stock vg making 130whp and looks generic like every other one. My car looks dope ive been told this a billion times on local forums....

Offline sideways_s12

• CS12 OG
  • Global Moderator
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #9 on: 05:00:35 PM / 17-Jun-08 »
Quote from: Redneck
I am guessing this is why the news stories Jeffwins posted yesterday about the girl being raped and torchered for 19 hours and the man beating his 2 year old kid on the side of the road are gone forum all of a sudden.

lmao!

Offline Arro

• Administrator
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #10 on: 05:14:38 PM / 17-Jun-08 »
yes, that's why they were removed, and *common sense* would suggest that it's not a laughing matter.

And no, we're not gonna put special disclaimers on the coffee shop section. If you're not smart enough or tactful enough to know what's over the top, then you don't belong on this forum.

And yes, I am making that the official policy on these kinds of things.
-Jason Arro

formerly,
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo
Hella flush and all associates should be gunned down for brainwashing people into thinking a 225 and lots of camber is proper wheel fitment. THAT IS EASY, anyone can camber a skinny as tire till it dosnt rub. Now fitting an 11 with a 315 on stock fender with reasonable camber, that is fitment. And looks, and performs better than both.
i dont own a s12 at the moment but trying to acquire one to get rid of my s13 hatch

Offline demonic s12

• BANNED Users
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #11 on: 05:54:27 PM / 17-Jun-08 »
nudity isnt safe for work

trust me, i just went to a 4 hour orientation for autonation
*BANNED*

Offline Arro

• Administrator
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #12 on: 11:16:02 AM / 19-Jun-08 »
Some people have expressed concerns that a warning on the first time is too harsh. I've given it some thought, so to clarify some things about this:

If you post something way offensive, it will be first set to INVISIBLE, or moved to our moderator section, so we can figure it out. It won't be deleted, so if you see your topic missing, just assume we moved it, not deleted it, for review.

NOW, about the warning. If you post something offensive *for the first time*, you will be warned in the form of a PM to you about what it was you posted that was offensive. This is a *courtesy* warning.

The second time is an account warning.

If after the first time, you take our private comments public (i.e. bringing the drama out more), you will be issued an account warning and a post-ban, the duration of which will depend on your previous history here. If you want to discuss things publicly, start a NEW thread, and do so politely and with an effort to clearly state your concern. Not an opportunity to whine.

Speaking of which, if you have a concern, do not toss it into a thread discussion about another concern of someone else's... make a new thread about issues that are seperate.

We don't want to dogpile on someone the first time they make a mistake... but we also don't want to encourage what I call "brainlessness", which is that tendency to need handholding... where you don't use your own common sense.

I understand that some forums allow all kinds of shit on their sections. We don't. We're not necessarily a "family" site, but some level of decency to the human condition, and some level of civil respect... those two are a must. So if you post something and try to tell me it's the first time mistake, and I know you were just being an ass.... we won't need to find "proof", because this isn't court. We'll just take action on you.

So consider the above as "guidelines", but under special circumstances we will be more -- or perhaps less -- lenient.

And that should be that. But I've unlocked the thread to allow some comments. Doesn't mean I won't lock it again if I feel it should be.
« Last Edit: 11:19:15 AM / 19-Jun-08 by Arro »
-Jason Arro

formerly,
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo

Offline sideways_s12

• CS12 OG
  • Global Moderator
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #13 on: 07:45:53 PM / 19-Jun-08 »
Quote from: Arro
I understand that some forums allow all kinds of shit on their sections. We don't. We're not necessarily a "family" site, but some level of decency to the human condition, and some level of civil respect... those two are a must. So if you post something and try to tell me it's the first time mistake, and I know you were just being an ass.... we won't need to find "proof", because this isn't court. We'll just take action on you.

Thank you Arro for putting it this way this is a perfect example of what I was takling about last night. I know the forum was a free for all before and neede the reigns pulled in which is fine this needed to be stated right when you took ownership to let people know that you wanted things a certain way I think there would have benn less rebellion and drama had it been stated this way instead of the mods just putting up rules because like our convo lastnight if it rubbed me the wrong way then it would rub someone else the wrong as well I like the way things are headed with this forum and I plan to stick around a very long time not just for the love of the s12 but for the love iof the community.

Offline Premo

« Reply #14 on: 09:46:28 PM / 03-Jul-08 »
if all else fail, please read this.  it will answer most of your questions:

pls make note of 9, 11 and 12.....
They speak of my drinking, but they never consider my thirst
-Scottish proverb

Quote from: EternalSwap
The Greeks contributed to many things in our culture, such as olives, gyros, Lenny Kravitz, anal sex and Oedipus.
premo + hillkill + lots-o-beer =
youtube.com/watch?v=lEecn6pLWLM
youtube.com/watch?v=f0YqCtd96f4

Offline Arro

• Administrator
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #15 on: 10:12:59 PM / 03-Jul-08 »
hahah WERD!
-Jason Arro

formerly,
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo