Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My 86 S-12 With 47000 Original  (Read 1971 times)

Offline fxd

• http://
My 86 S-12 With 47000 Original
« on: 11:23:08 PM / 27-Jul-08 »
Well i got this car from the org.owner,she was a friend of the family. Its a Mk-1,with a CA20E in it. I got in to a crash about 9 years ago and parked it. It ran like shit, but it ran and always started after the crash for all those years.Hardly any rust,clean int.,and 47000 original miles. Finally last year,after saving for a while...i took it to a collision shop. At first it sucked, this shop doesn't have a frame puller,and i had one of the front horns tweeked. So the car got sent to the frame shop...where it sat...and sat...for three months. Mean while the guy at the collision shop  had a heart attack,with in that three months. We were incontact throughout the three months though. Don(the collision man) had spoke to the frame shop many, many times.They said it was being worked on.Two weeks later after hearing the flusteredness in my voice, Don sent me to the frame shop.......REAL SWEET...My car was sitting in a feild behind the shop, never touched!?<%@! I LOST IT!!!<#@!>?!/!!!The guy in the shop only liked american.Sucked for me. Long story short I had to get another shop to pull it and laser it straight. Which i had to pay 1200 bucks for.Don was subleting to the shit shop for 350.00 and couldnt find another shop to pull it.He didnt even want the job any more.So if i didnt get the frame pulled he wanted to give me my money back and be done.The shop that pulled it,kinda did it as a favor for me(1200 nice favor) i know one of the workers.They wanted 9700.00 to paint it and fix the driverside fender and i had a hood ,couldnt afford that.And they only pull frames for for thier own work normally.(I live in the sticks not many choices)  
     So its pulled and in Don's shop. Hes working on it... slowly.. rome wasnt built in a day...He had just had a heart attack...his memory went to shit... i was trying to be patient... After two months or so, I offer my assistance.Work was slow for me and I wanted my car!!! Not to mention i'm a mechanic(born with a wrench in my mouth)fathers a mechanic,cousin is,two uncles were.The chance to learn collision,always want to. Knowledge is my favorite BUZZ. It took me two weeks to clean and organize his shop. After his heart attack he was in need of some help.I had seen his work B4 i hired him and it was good work, straight lines, mirror like paint ,and his shop was cleaner.LOL  
     My car got a gorgeous paint job exactly what i wanted.Don and i decided to send the bumper covers out to be refurbished. They picked them up from the shop that the end of feb., told Don they'ed let him know (he deals with the company weekly). Two months later we were in need of those covers, and they had not called on them....... So Don called and they had lost my bumper covers....wonderful.....I'll spare you the vulgar details, suffice to say they just got Don the covers this last week.It took 5 months to get the covers,rear new from nissan,front refurb.....BUT they were a freebie, compliments of the company that lost them. The car was supposed to be done july 4 th the one year anniversary of me dropping it off at Don shop.But there was no need to rush, with out the covers i just got.So the car has sick paint!!!Sick lines!!! About 160 hrs just in wet sanding, all the way to 3000 grit!!!    
    So my car now has 87-88se front lip and side skirts,MK-1 rear flaps and same color louvers. Took off the plastic line all the way around.Four coats of PPG(2007 chrysler torred) seven coates of PPG 4000 clear. Want to up grade the engine,but for now while I research I'll enjoy the good gas milage of CA20E.I would like about 300 hp , hood with a scoop,and a rear defuser.Thinking of drifting!!!  I think I got this picture thing down finally.kinda different but heres a link to a slide show how the car progress.Hopefully it will be mostly together by the end of this weekand I can post more pix.One more thing the car is nominated for the PPG calendar as long as its done by oct 1st and it wiil be. I'll keep you abreast.

http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f17/ffxa...nt=f8ffd3a1.pbw

project nissan
« Last Edit: 10:13:18 AM / 28-Jul-08 by fxd »

Facebook Share    

Offline LonelyS12

« Reply #1 on: 05:09:30 PM / 28-Jul-08 »
thats a alot of body work my friend. when i was 16 i had the chance to work over the shoulder in a auto body shop that pulled chassis. awesome that i did, now i can do my own body work and not be take advantage of.

your photobucket album only has two pictures of the sanding. do you have pics of the paint?

i c u breakin' your neck     ;P

Offline fxd

« Reply #2 on: 05:48:28 PM / 28-Jul-08 »
 If you click "project nissan" it should give you a slide show of about 20 or so pix from start to last week.There should be paint at the end.

Offline blue streak

• http://na
« Reply #3 on: 06:04:31 PM / 28-Jul-08 »
boy!,thats love. sweet ride though, wish I had that much dedication. Any plans for the power plant? DET maybe?

Offline demonic s12

• BANNED Users
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #4 on: 06:07:07 PM / 28-Jul-08 »
the body looks great now. awesome job
*BANNED*

Offline TalkingGoats

• S12 Guru
« Reply #5 on: 08:26:21 PM / 28-Jul-08 »
Beautiful.
I'd rather be a matchstick than a lighter.

Offline fxd

« Reply #6 on: 08:58:21 PM / 28-Jul-08 »
Quote from: blue streak
boy!,thats love. sweet ride though, wish I had that much dedication. Any plans for the power plant? DET maybe?

I'm not sure DET means, I'd like to know. Power plant, maybe twin turbo.I need to research it alittle more. Whatz your fave power plant?
 Thanx for the good looks every one.I just hope that it will make it in the calendar,theres very few tuners in it ,and only with in the last 5 years.

Offline sinestro

« Reply #7 on: 10:53:21 AM / 29-Jul-08 »
awsome you got your pics to work, so i take it everything is going back together on this car, i just want to see this paint job in person, so as soon as i get my act together and start finnishing my cars swap project, we'll have to meet up and race, or just cruse around taking action pics of our cars in this area of new york  

oh yea and det is nissans engine code for dual-cam, electronic fuel injection, with turbo. nissan engine codes seem to be the most straight forward. useing a skyline gt-r engine as a example  (rb26dett)

most modern nissan engines begin with a two letter prefix, decribing the block style and seires (think rb, ka, sr, vg, etc theres tons)

the second portion tells the displacement of a givin engine. add a decimal point bettween the two numbers to determine displacement in liters. the rb26 would be 2.6 liters, my ka24 would be 2.4 liters

in the cace of rb26dett, the d tells us it is a dohc engine, a v in place of the d (sr20ve) denotes a dohc engine that also uses variable valve lift. if there is neither a d nor v (ca20e) the engine is simply a single-overhead cam beast.

with the advent of fuel injection, this part of the code is easy. an e is for a mill that is electronically fuel injected. rarely used, is an i for throttle body injection, and a d is for direct injection, and no letter here means its a carbed motor. for the most part nissans just use an e

now heres where things get fun, the tt in our sample engine means it's twin-turbo, just like the 300zx (vg30dett). a single t would mean it's a single turbo (ca18det). and no letter t means well no turbo from the factory (ka24de) < the motor i have, it can still be turboed with a aftermarket or homemade setup of some sort, usually on the forums and such if you see something like (ka24de-t) the -t is unofficaly added to the code to indicate a factory non-turbo engine with a turbo added on

"You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat."

userbar by someone?

i know old navy sucks, but i can't help myself i like the music...
http://www.iamlights.com/

nunquam dormio