Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Club-s12 Journalism Submissions  (Read 4656 times)

Offline Arro

• Administrator
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1985 Nissan 200SX
    • http://www.cardomain.com/id/arro200sx
Club-s12 Journalism Submissions
« on: 08:50:35 PM / 11-Aug-08 »
What is this?[/b]

Well, it's the submissions for the Club-S12.org Annual Journal, a once-a-year magazine that will contain articles, photographs, some user profiles, technical info, and product testimonials, as well as highlights from race events and car shows where S12's participate.

Who writes the articles?

YOU do! We are now officially taking submissions. You can submit entries one of THREE ways:

1: With written content, using php code to embed photos, diagrams, whatever, that is relevant to your article. You will be given authoring credit at the top of the article, and in the "Credits" section of the Annual.

2. With information, contributing to an article. You will be given source credit in the "Credits" section of the Annual.

3. Answer an interview survey, or hold a live interview via instant messenger, to be used as interview matierial in an article.

ALL SUBMISSIONS MUST BE SENT IN EITHER A PM TO ME, OR TO THE CLUB ADMIN EMAIL (clubs12admin@gmail.com). From these submissions, the admins and moderators will pick articles, and edit, format, and compile the annual edition.

This sounds great, but when can I buy the annual magazine?

Once the magazine submissions have been chosen and formatted, a LIMITED RUN of these will be printed and sold. NO BACK ISSUES WILL BE PRODUCED, SO BUY ONE OR MORE WHEN YOU CAN! The goal is to release the First Edition in time for December, but that date may get pushed to sometime in January. Regardless, it will be only ONCE a year.

Submissions are officially open as of TODAY, so if you're interested, get crackin', and good luck

Edit: To celebrate this new development, your post options have some new "toys" to play with  
« Last Edit: 08:53:16 PM / 11-Aug-08 by Arro »

Facebook Share    

-Jason Arro

'85 Nissan 200SX (KA24DE)
formerly,
'85 Nissan Silvia RS-X - FJ20 w/ dual Weber carbs
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo
Drive it like you stole it, and work on it like you married it - self quote
Quote from: ka-t.org
Hella flush and all associates should be gunned down for brainwashing people into thinking a 225 and lots of camber is proper wheel fitment. THAT IS EASY, anyone can camber a skinny as tire till it dosnt rub. Now fitting an 11 with a 315 on stock fender with reasonable camber, that is fitment. And looks, and performs better than both.
i dont own a s12 at the moment but trying to acquire one to get rid of my s13 hatch
Quote from: SHOUTBOX
[27:54] zastaba: I had a friend touch the contacts on his distributer once
[28:04] zastaba: He did the super jumping up and down pain dance

Offline Arro

• Administrator
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #1 on: 12:21:39 AM / 13-Aug-08 »
lol nobody has anything to say about this? I had thought this was a good idea.  
-Jason Arro

formerly,
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo
Hella flush and all associates should be gunned down for brainwashing people into thinking a 225 and lots of camber is proper wheel fitment. THAT IS EASY, anyone can camber a skinny as tire till it dosnt rub. Now fitting an 11 with a 315 on stock fender with reasonable camber, that is fitment. And looks, and performs better than both.
i dont own a s12 at the moment but trying to acquire one to get rid of my s13 hatch

Offline sinestro

• http://
« Reply #2 on: 12:38:55 AM / 13-Aug-08 »
just publish all our 400,000+ posts in a hard copy form  
"You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat."

userbar by someone?

i know old navy sucks, but i can't help myself i like the music...
http://www.iamlights.com/

nunquam dormio

Offline Arro

• Administrator
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #3 on: 02:57:26 AM / 13-Aug-08 »
-Jason Arro

formerly,
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo

Offline bluke1

« Reply #4 on: 08:55:35 PM / 13-Aug-08 »
im afraid its going to be at least a year or two before i can boast about the greatest s12 collection on this forum. i need time!!!! but if you want before and after info ill be happy to supply it!
on a long enough timeline, everyones survival rate drops to zero

86 200sx notch racecar (soon to be kade)
86 200sx notch ka swap project
87 200sx se welded diff beater
87 200sx se daily driver
76 cadillac miller meteor endloader hearse

Offline Arro

• Administrator
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #5 on: 08:58:23 PM / 13-Aug-08 »
You have a racing history with a unique S12, I seriously believe you have article potential, either writing it yourself, or interview by someone else on here.

-Jason Arro

formerly,
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo

Offline Draconis

« Reply #6 on: 03:33:04 PM / 14-Aug-08 »
If we do this, we need to open it internationally. We'll have plenty of material.

Offline Arro

• Administrator
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #7 on: 12:15:31 AM / 15-Aug-08 »
*ahem* I seem to recall us discussing that as one of your responsibilities  
-Jason Arro

formerly,
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo

Offline pistonfreak

« Reply #8 on: 07:11:38 AM / 18-Aug-08 »
Hi guys
Interested in doing something with you
The old S12 and I have been drifting for 5 years now. Competing at national level for 2 years
Currently and suprisingly I'm in 4th place out of 63 positions in the superdrift series with 1 round to go.
Sadly the old girl is soon to be retired at the end of this years season and will be stored away until who knows when. Maybe it will be my son Jakes 1st drift car when he's old enough to reach the pedals.
As for drifting I'm not retiring, Just moving on to a newer S15 car, still with FJ20et powah
Draco
If you want to ask the questions I'll give the answers.
I'll also see if I can get the photo guys to release some high res pics to use in the mag.You'll have to choose from the heap I'll show you and I'll have to then ask the photo guys.
Let me know

Brian

The journey of a thousand footsteps starts with a broken fan belt and a flat tire

Offline TalkingGoats

• S12 Guru
« Reply #9 on: 07:44:10 AM / 18-Aug-08 »
Make it quarterly, don't need nearly as much info.

Get like 3 nice cars and some random "FAQ Mods". It wouldn't take long noone will cooperate for super high res pictures though.
I'd rather be a matchstick than a lighter.

Offline Arro

• Administrator
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #10 on: 02:41:02 AM / 19-Aug-08 »
This comes out of the club's funds, i.e. my own pocket, so quarterly isn't cost-effective, not to mention an annual will have enough info to justify something, a quarterly *for this car platform* will not.
-Jason Arro

formerly,
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo

Offline Jackalope

• http://jackkondreck4.com/
« Reply #11 on: 12:15:09 PM / 29-Aug-08 »
if one was to write a review of the a-1 racing tie rod ends or somthing do we need to get permision fro them or somthing?

"When your drunk and all you have is a hammer, everything is a nail"
My Garage Thread

Offline Arro

• Administrator
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #12 on: 12:40:17 PM / 29-Aug-08 »
I don't believe so, but I can find out. My suggestion is to write it up in the meantime, at the very least you could use it as great thread material.
-Jason Arro

formerly,
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo

Offline sam31183

• Dark Lord of The Drift
  • Moderators
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #13 on: 04:06:30 PM / 30-Aug-08 »
2 questions.

1. Any idea how much these are going to cost?

2. Do you guys want to do a peice on my 1st gen s12 18det engine? There is a lot of pics of it in my build thread and i am pretty sure i can answer most questions about it thru the research i have done between here and the uk s12 forums. Also it is a peice of s12 history. I also have a jdm brochure, but i think someone scanned most of the pics out of it before and it is somewhere floating around the forum, but it has some good pics of the 1st gen 18det in a s12. (keep in mind my engine in my car right now has the 2nd gen head and 2nd gen intake manifold on it.)

Dave Coleman for President of Earth!!!!
Build Thread Hatch CA18DET Eventually a Track Whore
Build Thread Notch KA24DE Daily Driver

Quote from: Kustamogen
  haha me modding would be a disaster.....Id get all power hungry and  demand n00dz from everyone. Then make all the canadian s12er's come here  and massage my feet and make me jello pudding.

Actually....mod powers plz?!?!?!  0:)

Tedious?  This coming from a person who uses the word twice in a sentence?  I laughed repeatedly...

Offline Draconis

« Reply #14 on: 04:19:32 PM / 30-Aug-08 »
Sam, we arent worried about one particular engine that came from a S12 back in the 80's.  There is no way for anyone to tell that your CA is any different than another CA besides what you say.  If we did something on the history of the S12, which we may, it will be a conglomeration of pictures and detailed of the S12 in it's various forms.  When you finish your swap, then it would be a possible for an article since it's only yearly, we will need to look for something that can stand alone and not be part one this year and part two next.

Offline Arro

• Administrator
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #15 on: 06:49:07 PM / 30-Aug-08 »
Actually I'm not sure I agree... he has the original documentation for the CA18DET S12. If we scanned it in, and then pitched his build as a JDM engine swap, it wouldn't be a bad idea.

The key is this -- is your car CLEAN enough in appearance, and how good are your pictures and your documentation?

Sam, send me what you want, and I'll look it over. I think it's a good idea, it just remains to be seen if we can develop it right.

-Jason Arro

formerly,
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo

Offline sam31183

• Dark Lord of The Drift
  • Moderators
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #16 on: 08:33:39 PM / 30-Aug-08 »
I have pics of the engine when i brought it home with the 1st gen 18det head on it and the 1st gen intake manifold on it still. I was thinking the peice could be more on the engine the car itself as the car isnt done and doesnt look pretty. The pics of the engine are in my build thread in the club garage. I can see if my brother will let me scan the brochure pics on his scanner if you want and post them up in my build thread. Originally I was thinking you could just pull the pics out of there and I could give you some info on it. I am not sure who all is going to have say tho wether or not this is good enough of a idea for the first issue, so if you guys want i could save it for later or something...most of the pics and information is in my build thread anyways.

http://club-s12.org/v3/index.php?topic=19441
« Last Edit: 08:34:20 PM / 30-Aug-08 by sam31183 »

Dave Coleman for President of Earth!!!!
Build Thread Hatch CA18DET Eventually a Track Whore
Build Thread Notch KA24DE Daily Driver

Quote from: Kustamogen
  haha me modding would be a disaster.....Id get all power hungry and  demand n00dz from everyone. Then make all the canadian s12er's come here  and massage my feet and make me jello pudding.

Actually....mod powers plz?!?!?!  0:)

Tedious?  This coming from a person who uses the word twice in a sentence?  I laughed repeatedly...

Offline Arro

• Administrator
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #17 on: 11:05:53 PM / 30-Aug-08 »
Since I'm gonna be the one setting it up, it's Colin and I, but I suppose if we disagreed, I'd have to fly up to washington and take him out with a 10mm jacketed star round. One to the forehead followed by two in the chest. So don't worry, I'll have final say.

Just kidding Colin  I prefer death by flatulence.

Seriously man, PM me what you got and what you want to do with it. Give me all the details. But put it in a PM. I'll prolly have to edit it somewhat, maybe even rewrite parts, but we can work together on it.

-Jason Arro

formerly,
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo

Offline 200sxkitcar

• Moderators
  • S12 Guru
    • http://s232.photobucket.com/albums/ee276/Sterlingps12/
« Reply #18 on: 11:56:45 PM / 30-Aug-08 »
I would really like to have the info/pics about the S12 CA18DET.  That would be really cool to do, I think.
Sterling Picton

Offline Arro

• Administrator
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #19 on: 01:04:18 AM / 31-Aug-08 »
Isn't that how the Grand Prix version came? CA18DET?
-Jason Arro

formerly,
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo