Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Topic Section Changes  (Read 3845 times)

Offline Arro

• Administrator
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1985 Nissan 200SX
    • http://www.cardomain.com/id/arro200sx
Topic Section Changes
« on: 10:07:24 PM / 15-Jul-08 »
Today I revised and added some topic sections to the forum.

The "Club Media" section has been renamed to the "Club Media and Car Presentations" section.

In that section, the topic section "Club Theater" is now S12-specific media only... videos of your car running, or of you at the track, or even of you rolling an S12 over onto it's back (heh).

In the "General Chat" section, there is a new topic forum section, called "Off-Topic Media". This joins "Welcome Area", "Club S12 Meetings & Info", "Coffee Shop", and (eventually) the "Club Lounge".

The "Off-Topic Media" section is for exactly what it sounds like it's for.

The final change is to the "Technical Forums" section... the addition of "Electrical & Chassis". This is where electrical questions, or strut brace questions, etc. will go. ALL ENGINE-SPECIFIC electrical questions STILL go in the engine-specific topic sections.

My hope is to better organize some of the existing and future information. I'll be moving things when time permits, and going back in time to find old threads and put them in the new locations if they need to be moved.

I can't stress enough to ALL of you HOW IMPORTANT it is that you *think* about what section you're posting in BEFORE you start a new thread. Please make our jobs easier, so your forum is easier to use.

Thanks

« Last Edit: 10:07:49 PM / 15-Jul-08 by Arro »

Facebook Share    

-Jason Arro

'85 Nissan 200SX (KA24DE)
formerly,
'85 Nissan Silvia RS-X - FJ20 w/ dual Weber carbs
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo
Drive it like you stole it, and work on it like you married it - self quote
Quote from: ka-t.org
Hella flush and all associates should be gunned down for brainwashing people into thinking a 225 and lots of camber is proper wheel fitment. THAT IS EASY, anyone can camber a skinny as tire till it dosnt rub. Now fitting an 11 with a 315 on stock fender with reasonable camber, that is fitment. And looks, and performs better than both.
i dont own a s12 at the moment but trying to acquire one to get rid of my s13 hatch
Quote from: SHOUTBOX
[27:54] zastaba: I had a friend touch the contacts on his distributer once
[28:04] zastaba: He did the super jumping up and down pain dance

Offline Xano

• Viva la Tropico!
  • Administrator
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Charger
    • This Isn't Over, LLC
Topic Section Changes
« Reply #1 on: 12:12:25 AM / 16-Jul-08 »
Quote from: Arro
Today I revised and added some topic sections to the forum.
The "Club Media" section has been renamed to the "Club Media and Car Presentations" section.

In that section, the topic section "Club Theater" is now S12-specific media only... videos of your car running, or of you at the track, or even of you rolling an S12 over onto it's back (heh).

In the "General Chat" section, there is a new topic forum section, called "Off-Topic Media". This joins "Welcome Area", "Club S12 Meetings & Info", "Coffee Shop", and (eventually) the "Club Lounge".

The "Off-Topic Media" section is for exactly what it sounds like it's for.
The final change is to the "Technical Forums" section... the addition of "Electrical & Chassis". This is where electrical questions, or strut brace questions, etc. will go. ALL ENGINE-SPECIFIC electrical questions STILL go in the engine-specific topic sections.
My hope is to better organize some of the existing and future information. I'll be moving things when time permits, and going back in time to find old threads and put them in the new locations if they need to be moved.

I can't stress enough to ALL of you HOW IMPORTANT it is that you *think* about what section you're posting in BEFORE you start a new thread. Please make our jobs easier, so your forum is easier to use.

Thanks
sounds like a good idea.
~xano

Offline 200sxkitcar

• Moderators
  • S12 Guru
    • http://s232.photobucket.com/albums/ee276/Sterlingps12/
Topic Section Changes
« Reply #2 on: 01:17:54 AM / 16-Jul-08 »
Curious as to what you think about more of a driveline focus with one of the sections, IE just the transmissions/ rear ends, etc.

Maybe we should make that clearer.

There's already quite a bit of drivetrain stuff (rear end mostly) in the 'suspension' section, dunno if we should leave it this way or not.
Sterling Picton

Offline 200sxkitcar

• Moderators
  • S12 Guru
Topic Section Changes
« Reply #3 on: 02:13:31 AM / 16-Jul-08 »
Oooohh you make it change  lol.

More work for me now.  dammit   its for the best, really.
Sterling Picton

Offline Arro

• Administrator
  • S12 Guru
Topic Section Changes
« Reply #4 on: 02:13:52 AM / 16-Jul-08 »
Done.

Let's start moving threads to their appropriate homes
-Jason Arro

formerly,
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo
Hella flush and all associates should be gunned down for brainwashing people into thinking a 225 and lots of camber is proper wheel fitment. THAT IS EASY, anyone can camber a skinny as tire till it dosnt rub. Now fitting an 11 with a 315 on stock fender with reasonable camber, that is fitment. And looks, and performs better than both.
i dont own a s12 at the moment but trying to acquire one to get rid of my s13 hatch

Offline 200sxkitcar

• Moderators
  • S12 Guru
Topic Section Changes
« Reply #5 on: 02:15:23 AM / 16-Jul-08 »
Oh shit, you'll have to walk me thru the moving thread thing, I've tried, and FAIL, lol.  The forum called me silly, and I was like wtf. poop
Sterling Picton

Offline Arro

• Administrator
  • S12 Guru
Topic Section Changes
« Reply #6 on: 02:16:29 AM / 16-Jul-08 »
Call me. I'm still awake for a little while.
-Jason Arro

formerly,
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo

Offline 200sxkitcar

• Moderators
  • S12 Guru
Topic Section Changes
« Reply #7 on: 02:54:38 AM / 16-Jul-08 »
I figured it out, but I'm pretty well spent as well.  got a few moved, anyhow... SO much work to be done yet, shit.   hahaha
Sterling Picton

Offline bartc_j

• Questionable Seller/BUYER BEWARE
  • S12 Guru
    • http://members.cardomain.com/bartc_2
Topic Section Changes
« Reply #8 on: 11:00:40 PM / 24-Jul-08 »
looks good i think this will really make things easier to find and research especially for all the noobs who always ask the same question without searching...
Bart
 '86 1.8L Turbo