Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: S12 After Market Performance Sites Anyone ???  (Read 1339 times)

Offline ca18etman

• n00b
    • http://
S12 After Market Performance Sites Anyone ???
« on: 11:59:07 PM / 11-Aug-08 »
Please list some sites that i could find aftermarket or oem parts for my 84 200sx... very hard to come by... thank you

Facebook Share    

Offline Arro

• Administrator
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1985 Nissan 200SX
    • http://www.cardomain.com/id/arro200sx
« Reply #1 on: 01:44:52 AM / 12-Aug-08 »
There aren't any  You basically answered your own question. If you swap in a KA or CA18DET or SR20, then your engine aftermarket choices are big. Everything for the CA18ET is *CUSTOM* in most cases.

A few things you can get:

- T25 or T25G or T28 turbocharger, will bolt onto stock CA18ET exhaust manifold, but the T28 will need a spacer to clear the compressor housing. You can get the spacer on the internet from a variety of turbo accessory companies.

- Apex'i AFC's have been successfully wired into our cars, using better flowing airflow meters, and letting us up the fuel with larger injectors and a better fuel pump (think Walboro).

- Blaster SS Coils from MSD. You can buy them from Summit Racing or any other number of vendors that sell MSD ignition products. You need two of them to upgrade your stock coil system.

- *I believe* that any R200 aftermarket LSD (such as a Kaaz or Cusco) will work in our differential cases.

- A Z31 (first generation 300ZX) rear urethane bushing kit from Prothane will work for S12 IRS rear ends.

- Canuck makes lowering springs for our cars, if you search on here  (which I suspect you haven't done), you will probably find the link to them.

- If you convert to S13 front suspension, you then can use S13 aftermarket for front suspension.

- Megan Racing makes a full coilover kit that uses S13 adustable fronts and adustable rears for our cars.

- For CA18ET, boost controllers and BOV's are whatever you find and like, you just have to custom fit them.

That's about it, really. There's nothing else that is really CA18ET specific. Even your transmission for that year car is less supported than the later "C" transmissions.

There aren't any "sites" devoted to selling parts for this car. Most of the parts available aren't specific to the S12, but just happen to be able to be used on it, either bolt on or with minor modifications. There are no S12-specific stores. We have a guy named Bart on here who makes some cool parts for the S12, but other than him, there isn't really much else if anything at all.
« Last Edit: 01:49:04 AM / 12-Aug-08 by Arro »
-Jason Arro

'85 Nissan 200SX (KA24DE)
formerly,
'85 Nissan Silvia RS-X - FJ20 w/ dual Weber carbs
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo
Drive it like you stole it, and work on it like you married it - self quote
Quote from: ka-t.org
Hella flush and all associates should be gunned down for brainwashing people into thinking a 225 and lots of camber is proper wheel fitment. THAT IS EASY, anyone can camber a skinny as tire till it dosnt rub. Now fitting an 11 with a 315 on stock fender with reasonable camber, that is fitment. And looks, and performs better than both.
i dont own a s12 at the moment but trying to acquire one to get rid of my s13 hatch
Quote from: SHOUTBOX
[27:54] zastaba: I had a friend touch the contacts on his distributer once
[28:04] zastaba: He did the super jumping up and down pain dance

Offline ca18etman

• n00b
    • http://
« Reply #2 on: 03:15:03 AM / 12-Aug-08 »
thanks arro... and yes i pm'd bart about making me some parts... i just didn't know if there was to many other cars that had applicable parts that would fit on the s12... thanks for the list... ill be looking into some of that stuff...