Product Reviews

Started by jeffwins24, 09:25:19 PM / 28-Aug-08

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffwins24

If we have a thread like this mods please move or merge

company: Rally-E
product: Rally-E fog lights

Review: 2/5 stars

I bought these things about.... like 7 months ago and right now there all the way in mount trash more. the reason is I thought they would be good fogs well, when I was doing my bumper (painting it) I saw they were cracked beyond repair. how did they crack? I have never been off road with them EVER. i know a couple of friends from skool with the  same fog lights and the same thing happened to them.

Very easy fogs to use and wire up but the quality is awful, just awful, very cheap fogs but awful. i guess in this case how much something cost really does matter. This is my review for this product and I hope it helps someone else in the fututre trying to choose fog lights... Stay away from this company.
VG30ET > 2JZ > RB > 1JZ> L28ET> 4g63t > 7m > 3gste > KA24DET > SR20DET > *

Arro

Moved to "Product Advertisements" and stickied to the top. Anyone wants to review a product, DO SO HERE.
-Jason Arro

'85 Nissan 200SX (KA24DE)
formerly,
'85 Nissan Silvia RS-X - FJ20 w/ dual Weber carbs
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo
Drive it like you stole it, and work on it like you married it - self quote
Quote from: ka-t.orgHella flush and all associates should be gunned down for brainwashing people into thinking a 225 and lots of camber is proper wheel fitment. THAT IS EASY, anyone can camber a skinny as tire till it dosnt rub. Now fitting an 11 with a 315 on stock fender with reasonable camber, that is fitment. And looks, and performs better than both.
Quote from: s-chassis_only on 07:43:21 PM / 25-Sep-10 i dont own a s12 at the moment but trying to acquire one to get rid of my s13 hatch
Quote from: SHOUTBOX[27:54] zastaba: I had a friend touch the contacts on his distributer once
[28:04] zastaba: He did the super jumping up and down pain dance

Xano

company: Krylon
product: Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Spraypaint

Review: 4/5 stars

I have to say, this stuff is like, 2.99 a can, and brings itself to a nice smooth finish, MOST of the time.  For some reason, it reacts weird to the paint currently on the car, and causes some type of wrinkle effect...its like the clear coat has too much laquer thinner or something in it. Besides that, it turns out nicely, for 3 bucks a can. This brand does have the adjustable nozzle (like an automotive spray gun) and it does make shit a LOT easier.

While your at it, pick up one of the Spray gun handle type snap on thingies from Krylon.  It snaps onto the top of the spray can, has a trigger that actuates the button on the can, and makes everything so much easier to control.
~xano

200sxkitcar

PICTARS

Company: Rustoleum
Product: Painter's Touch line of spray cans

Review: strong4/5stars
(the ones on the right)

Sterling Picton

jeffwins24

Quote from: 200sxkitcar
PICTARS

Company: Rustoleum
Product: Painter's Touch line of spray cans

Review: strong4/5stars
(the ones on the right)

I can vouch for this product i have used it before and LOVED IT.

demonic s12

Quote from: jeffwins24

I can vouch for this product i have used it before and LOVED IT.

+1

appliance epoxy ftw!
*BANNED*

ryan206

Company: JVC
Product: KD-BT1 Stereo

Rating: 4.5/5 stars

This stereo is awesome, does MP3 CDs, has a USB Input for MP3 Files (Its on a cord built into the stereo so there is no ugly USB input on the front) and has built in Bluetooth for handsfree calling..

You can change the backlight to a bunch of differnet colors, I have mine set to Amber to match the gauges and HVAC controls.

I bought it for the Bluetooth and USB input.. Its a pain in the ass trying to find stuff on an iPod (This stereo can control/charge iPod with an extra $30 cable)

I have a flash drive connected to it with around 150 songs.. It reads the ID3 tag, so it'll display the name/artist of the song.

Setup of bluetooth is just like a headset.. When you get a call, it'll silence the music and ring, and you press any button to accept the call. The mic is awesome and sound quality is excellent. When you're done, hold any button and it'll end the call.. When you get a text message, you press a button and you can read it on-screen..

The faceplate is smaller than most, so its easy to carry around.

Only thing that annoys me, is JVC decided to use almost a 1/4 of the screen to show what mode your in (USB, iPod, Radio, BT, ect)..

Good buy, great for those states that say you can't drive and talk on a cell phone.

Only got a pic of the box cause I'm too lazy to walk to the car..

jeffwins24

company: unknown

Product: aircraft stripper

rating: 6/5

this thing removes EVERYTHING clear coat, paint, and primer very powerful stuff, used it to make my valve covers look nice.

HUGE +1 to this company if i only would have know about them sooner. it can be bought at ANY local autoparts store in the paint section.

David B

Quote from: jeffwins24
company: unknown

Product: aircraft stripper

rating: 6/5

this thing removes EVERYTHING clear coat, paint, and primer very powerful stuff, used it to make my valve covers look nice.

HUGE +1 to this company if i only would have know about them sooner. it can be bought at ANY local autoparts store in the paint section.

its too much $$ theres a cheaper brand at paintstores that works fine

caged ca20e/ka24e/sr20det/ka24de/1jzgte SRA hatch. super sick

Quote from: Arro
Goddamn David you seriously are hard core man.
Quote from: tjs91tsi
Ohh, and unless you havn't figured it out yet, Stop driving with coolant leaks and Stop dropping nails in your fucking trannys!!!

sideways_s12

Company: Bartco

Product: Exhaust Manifold, Dumppipe, and Fuelrail for ca18et

Rating: 10/10

Great products I have had these on my car for awhile now and haven't had a problem yet installation is a 3/10 1 being the easiest If you plan on building the ca18et I def suggest getting these parts from him!

jeffwins24

Company: Ebay

Product:T3/T4 turbo

Rating: 4/5

Review;
Great turbo, spools very nicely and has a "push you to the back of the seat" type feel. I've had it on the car for about 2 weeks now and it's holding up very nicely at 10psi. I would buy from them again, as long as it's balanced by a local turbo shop. very good product over all i gave it a 4/5 stars.

Arro

BARTCO tension rod bushings.

Absolutely perfect fit. Two different materials, one for stiffness and one that gives a little flex where needed. A great design. Should be put on every S12.
-Jason Arro

'85 Nissan 200SX (KA24DE)
formerly,
'85 Nissan Silvia RS-X - FJ20 w/ dual Weber carbs
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo
Drive it like you stole it, and work on it like you married it - self quote
Quote from: ka-t.orgHella flush and all associates should be gunned down for brainwashing people into thinking a 225 and lots of camber is proper wheel fitment. THAT IS EASY, anyone can camber a skinny as tire till it dosnt rub. Now fitting an 11 with a 315 on stock fender with reasonable camber, that is fitment. And looks, and performs better than both.
Quote from: s-chassis_only on 07:43:21 PM / 25-Sep-10 i dont own a s12 at the moment but trying to acquire one to get rid of my s13 hatch
Quote from: SHOUTBOX[27:54] zastaba: I had a friend touch the contacts on his distributer once
[28:04] zastaba: He did the super jumping up and down pain dance

silvia love

Quote from: Xano
company: Krylon
product: Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Spraypaint

Review: 4/5 stars

I have to say, this stuff is like, 2.99 a can, and brings itself to a nice smooth finish, MOST of the time.  For some reason, it reacts weird to the paint currently on the car, and causes some type of wrinkle effect...its like the clear coat has too much laquer thinner or something in it.

your painting surface was still dirty. either contaminated with grease, oil or silicone.
ive had rustoeum do the samething.

i think this thread is a great idea.....but i do think it will get filled up quickly. maybe some sub-catagories like paint, suspension, engine, and interior to help find a review easier???

my contribution

Company: megan racing

Product: adjustable tension rods

Rating: 5/5

i bought these for my s14 about 2 years ago. i havent had a single problem since then and i have put about 10,000 miles on them of good daily driving. we have pretty nasty roads too, the semis tend to tear'em up pretty bad. they've taking nice hits from some nasty potholes. been off road once too, into a slight gulley. camoe out fine. rides slightly harsher since there is no rubber bushing anymore. great quality for the $125 i paid for them. would buy again for my s12 when i go s13 susp.

Ju_S12_Turbo

Company: Time-sert

Product: Thread Repair kit
http://www.hrpworld.com/googlebase.cfm?key...;action=product

Review: I got this kit for my SE when I snapped my exhaust stud in the head, I figured I would do it right and get something like Heil-coil. Well after some searching I found Time-sert, I just got the kit in the mail it was 75$ but the kit comes with 4 drill bits (drilling, counter-bore, tap and insert tool). After using it I believe that the price is worth it for how well it worked and I will probably snap more exhaust studs lol. If you go to get them, go to amazon.com to get them.

Maxpow

Company: Cquence

Product: NISSAN 200 SX 5/86-1988 (V6) 2 Front Drilled Brake Rotors (Mine are the same product but are z31 rotors for front and back)

Media:

These brakes are excellent. I wasn't expecting much as I only paid $150 for 4 drilled and slotted rotors, but they are exceptional. Made from quality material, no warpage, great response. I'm thoroughly impressed with these rotors. Slip right on the VG S12 with no problem (for the fronts) but you will not be able to get them on the back without significant modding. I will one day do the modding but for now its not in the budget. They also make these brakes for the 4cyl cars.
1987 Nissan 200sx SE ("The Squirrely Drifter") - Totaled and Gone forever
1987 Nissan 200sx SE ("The Weebly Wobbler") - Impounded and Gone forever
2007 Kia Spectra - Fantastic Daily Driver - Custom CAI, NGK wires/plugs.
2002 Hyundai Accent - Totaled and Gone Forever.

MAXPOW'S PARTS SALES: http://club-s12.org/v3/index.php?topic=31350.new#new
SEND ME A PMhttp://club-s12.org/v3/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=2092 /EMAIL Maxpow99@hotmail.com

Certified Member of SoCal Parts Alliance.

Quote from: Jay on 10:01:05 PM / 14-Nov-11
And, I'm going to say this publicly. Maxpow knows how to keep me at bay, while still laughing with him. Take lessons y'all

jeffwins24

Company: Motor sport auto (AKA MSA)

Product: fender mirrors http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/EM/50-1153

Review:

awesome brand new mirrors for 41 bux, great company, arrived the day they said it would. shipping took a little more then what i would have liked but I can't complain for the final product.