Z24 Engine Swap?

Started by Balatch, 10:57:49 PM / 02-Sep-08

Previous topic - Next topic

Balatch

So, im wondering, is there ANY good in maybe... i dunno, swapping a ca20e head, on a z24 truck block, and dropping it in?

i found no posts regarding the z24, i know its not exactly a high performance motor, BUT there still semi easy to get, but im GUESSING the head isnt the greatest thing, i have no clue, school me.

Arro

I have seen the Z22E without a head, and the CA18ET and CA20E engines are different. I do not believe you can "bolt on" a CA20E head on a Z series engine.

You would be better off just running a built-up Z22E.
-Jason Arro

'85 Nissan 200SX (KA24DE)
formerly,
'85 Nissan Silvia RS-X - FJ20 w/ dual Weber carbs
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo
Drive it like you stole it, and work on it like you married it - self quote
Quote from: ka-t.orgHella flush and all associates should be gunned down for brainwashing people into thinking a 225 and lots of camber is proper wheel fitment. THAT IS EASY, anyone can camber a skinny as tire till it dosnt rub. Now fitting an 11 with a 315 on stock fender with reasonable camber, that is fitment. And looks, and performs better than both.
Quote from: s-chassis_only on 07:43:21 PM / 25-Sep-10 i dont own a s12 at the moment but trying to acquire one to get rid of my s13 hatch
Quote from: SHOUTBOX[27:54] zastaba: I had a friend touch the contacts on his distributer once
[28:04] zastaba: He did the super jumping up and down pain dance

brewster240

l series head go on z series bottom ends.

and something with ka swaps over.

i dont remember, its been years since i looked at that older shit.

Balatch

gah im useless, I just hoped you could make the block work with the existing wiring... guess im wrong

Arro

You have a CA20E car, just get a cheap as dirt KA24DE (or free KA24E) swap and be happy.

I wouldn't buy a CA20E S12 without expecting to do that.
-Jason Arro

formerly,
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo
Quote from: ka-t.orgHella flush and all associates should be gunned down for brainwashing people into thinking a 225 and lots of camber is proper wheel fitment. THAT IS EASY, anyone can camber a skinny as tire till it dosnt rub. Now fitting an 11 with a 315 on stock fender with reasonable camber, that is fitment. And looks, and performs better than both.
Quote from: s-chassis_only on 07:43:21 PM / 25-Sep-10 i dont own a s12 at the moment but trying to acquire one to get rid of my s13 hatch
Quote from: SHOUTBOX[27:54] zastaba: I had a friend touch the contacts on his distributer once

Balatch

yepp thats the plan, im just recollecting all my old datsun motor knowledge from my 510 fanboy days... apparently i wasnt a very good fanboy

Arro

Just stick with motor platforms that came during or after the S12 and you'll be fine
-Jason Arro

formerly,
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo

blitz

Car status:
- Ractive tornado air intake. stock ram air CAI  
- MSD Blaster SS dual coil, 7 mm high temp bosch leads
- unknown rota rims w/ michelin hydroedge. stock turbo rims w/ michelin x-ice during       winter
- Titanium weighted shift knob
- 280zx Short throw shifter
- Boost gauge, narrow band A/F gauge w/ sunfire O2 sensor
- custom made 3 inch turbo back with kakimoto muffler, JASMA certified
- JDM T25 turbo
- XS Turbo MBC
- Recirculating 1G DSM BOV.
- Old and tired stock everything suspension...

SOLD to OSAD!!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2510178

Arro

Quote from: blitz
LZ20B!!
-Jason Arro

formerly,
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo

jeffwins24

Quote from: blitz
LZ20B!!

Quote from: Arro

nah be different go with a K20A1 and a F20C tranny and bolt it up. it's be totally different in a S12
VG30ET > 2JZ > RB > 1JZ> L28ET> 4g63t > 7m > 3gste > KA24DET > SR20DET > *

Arro

Well let's keep things real in this tech thread. I'm closing it now, humor time is done.
-Jason Arro

formerly,
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo