Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hey Would This Set-up Work  (Read 1260 times)

Offline sideways_s12

• CS12 OG
  • Moderators
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1987 Nissan 200SX
  • Quit Fuckin around and start the car!
Hey Would This Set-up Work
« on: 04:40:55 PM / 11-Sep-08 »
Ifound this set-up on fastbrakes.com and was wondering would this work for the s12 or would I need to swap to s13 stuffs let me know

http://fastbrakes.com/shop/popup_image.php?pID=103

Facebook Share    

Offline Arro

• Administrator
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1985 Nissan 200SX
    • http://www.cardomain.com/id/arro200sx
« Reply #1 on: 04:45:39 PM / 11-Sep-08 »
Uhhh well the title on the window bar of that page says S13 240SX.

If a caliper fits on the S13 knuckle/spindle assembly, then you'd need that assembly. And that's part of the S13 suspension swap.

Here's the thing man... if it's meant to go on an S13 front, you're gonna need an S13 conversion.

Use that rule on your future questions and you'll be fine.
-Jason Arro

'85 Nissan 200SX (KA24DE)
formerly,
'85 Nissan Silvia RS-X - FJ20 w/ dual Weber carbs
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo
Drive it like you stole it, and work on it like you married it - self quote
Quote from: ka-t.org
Hella flush and all associates should be gunned down for brainwashing people into thinking a 225 and lots of camber is proper wheel fitment. THAT IS EASY, anyone can camber a skinny as tire till it dosnt rub. Now fitting an 11 with a 315 on stock fender with reasonable camber, that is fitment. And looks, and performs better than both.
i dont own a s12 at the moment but trying to acquire one to get rid of my s13 hatch
Quote from: SHOUTBOX
[27:54] zastaba: I had a friend touch the contacts on his distributer once
[28:04] zastaba: He did the super jumping up and down pain dance

Offline sideways_s12

• CS12 OG
  • Moderators
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #2 on: 04:59:56 PM / 11-Sep-08 »
yeah I know but silverarrow said that the rotors would fit the s12 no problem that why I was askin

Offline Arro

• Administrator
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #3 on: 01:55:36 AM / 12-Sep-08 »
Wait... are you asking about the rotors or everything in the picture? Like those calipers?
-Jason Arro

formerly,
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo
Hella flush and all associates should be gunned down for brainwashing people into thinking a 225 and lots of camber is proper wheel fitment. THAT IS EASY, anyone can camber a skinny as tire till it dosnt rub. Now fitting an 11 with a 315 on stock fender with reasonable camber, that is fitment. And looks, and performs better than both.
i dont own a s12 at the moment but trying to acquire one to get rid of my s13 hatch

Offline sideways_s12

• CS12 OG
  • Moderators
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #4 on: 03:54:31 AM / 12-Sep-08 »
well the whole thing but mainly the rotors lol sorry for the confusion

Offline TalkingGoats

• S12 Guru
    • http://
« Reply #5 on: 07:33:46 AM / 12-Sep-08 »
Be cautious of the material of those rotors. The caliper is WILWOOD so its quality. If I were you I would buy that kit and 11" brembo blanks.

lol didnt read your post directly above mine.

Show brakes on a go car isn't safe in my opinion.

I assume those rotors are shit because the "Drilling and venting" was machined and was not cast. After they glow a few times they will start cracking.

« Last Edit: 02:00:03 PM / 12-Sep-08 by Arro »
I'd rather be a matchstick than a lighter.

Offline mod_mastaz

« Reply #6 on: 01:12:33 PM / 12-Sep-08 »
Why are there so many questions about using S13 brakes/parts on an S12? If you TRULY wanted to find out, you'd read my long ass thread about it. Long story short NO it will not fit on an S12 strut tube.

/rant

If you want to use them though, get the SE V6 strut tubes, Z31 87-89 turbo hubs and wheel bearings for slip on rotors(5-lug though), some washers(.170") to center the S13/J30/Q45/Z32 calipers, brake lines/pads/rotors. Once you do this, you're stuck with 5-lug and you now have to convert the rear. If this is what you want I'm willing to help you. If not, you can go S13 swap, and choose 4-lug or 5lug with brake options and the brake stuff will be almost bolt on and cheaper. READ my thread for more info. I didn't put my time into it so lazy people can glance over it and say they didn't read it.

/end rant.

Offline Arro

• Administrator
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #7 on: 02:04:22 PM / 12-Sep-08 »
Quote from: DeathAndMajesty
I assume those rotors are shit because the "Drilling and venting" was machined and was not cast. After they glow a few times they will start cracking.

I'm just glad you made it a stronger point. And yep, your thread is the bonafide shizzle

If you want to use them though, get the SE V6 strut tubes, Z31 87-89 turbo hubs and wheel bearings for slip on rotors(5-lug though), some washers(.170") to center the S13/J30/Q45/Z32 calipers, brake lines/pads/rotors. Once you do this, you're stuck with 5-lug and you now have to convert the rear. If this is what you want I'm willing to help you. If not, you can go S13 swap, and choose 4-lug or 5lug with brake options and the brake stuff will be almost bolt on and cheaper. READ my thread for more info. I didn't put my time into it so lazy people can glance over it and say they didn't read it.

/end rant.

YES, dude Jason you've been here WAY long enough to where if you don't remember these things, you at least know to look to see about them. You know this subject has been discussed over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and...

*an hour later*

...over and over and over again! Check the stickes. Check Henry's 50 page monster thread. Search. yadda yadda.

NOW... about the SE struts, personally, I think you'll have an easier time finding the S13 parts and converting. SE shit is hard to find more and more.

-Jason Arro

formerly,
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo

Offline sideways_s12

• CS12 OG
  • Moderators
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #8 on: 02:16:24 PM / 12-Sep-08 »
Quote from: mod_mastaz
Why are there so many questions about using S13 brakes/parts on an S12? If you TRULY wanted to find out, you'd read my long ass thread about it. Long story short NO it will not fit on an S12 strut tube.
/rant

/end rant.

Ok before you start ranting on me and calling me lazy I didn't even know you did a thread about this shit and also I'm just now thinking about upgrades in brakes since I have/know what I need for my engine to get to the hp I want now I gonna be focusing on brakes cuz it makes no sense to have all that power and you can't stop I'm far from lazy when it comes to my car so you need to retract your fucked up statement...Yes flame very much intended       I don't like the way you just assumed I looked over your thread and then started my own as if to ignore yours Like I said I didn't even know you had a thread...

Quote from: Arro
Exactly... the metallurgical properties get changed when you drill and slot them with a machine. Having them cast into the rotor to begin with doesn't compromize them.
That was basically what I was saying in my first post for this thread  I'm just glad you made it a stronger point. And yep, your thread is the bonafide shizzle
YES, dude Jason you've been here WAY long enough to where if you don't remember these things, you at least know to look to see about them. You know this subject has been discussed over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and...

*an hour later*

...over and over and over again! Check the stickes. Check Henry's 50 page monster thread. Search. yadda yadda.

NOW... about the SE struts, personally, I think you'll have an easier time finding the S13 parts and converting. SE shit is hard to find more and more.

Look I was looking at another and went to the site that was mentioned saw something I liked and thought I would ask whether it was dicussed one time or a million times I'm pretty sure that exact set-up was not discussed so I thought I would ask but you know what fuck it I'll figure it out on my own and won't ask another tech question again so you guys don't have to worry or answer my stupid questions again

Offline Arro

• Administrator
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #9 on: 02:26:20 PM / 12-Sep-08 »
Look instead of getting worked up, be a little humble for a moment, realize that if you took a few mins to look over the pinned topics, you would have learned more about S13 conversion setups.... next time man, just say "my bad, I shoulda checked"... something I've said a number of times before (cuz I fuk up too lol). I think you're in the wrong, and you know me about these things, I'm a pretty straight shooter.

For what it's worth, if mod_mastas was "ranting", he's probably grinning when he types that, I've met the guy a couple times before, he's really laid back. I'm sure he's shaking his finger at you, not flipping you off with it  But he *did* put a LOT of work into his thread, and honestly I would have been a lot more pissed were it me, especially since we always pound it into n00bs to read, and well, you're no n00b, right?

So just take it easy, read, and if the reading doesn't make sense or answer a question, then yes by all means, ASK  But we don't need to get hostile over this stuff.
« Last Edit: 02:27:03 PM / 12-Sep-08 by Arro »
-Jason Arro

formerly,
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo

Offline sideways_s12

• CS12 OG
  • Moderators
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #10 on: 02:33:12 PM / 12-Sep-08 »
I'm not hostile and I was asking about this particular set-up moreso the rotors and not neccesarly the whole set-up...And how exactly am I in the the wrong because I asked a question about something? jsut wanted to know if they would bolt-up or not a simple yes or no would of worked just fine for me but then everyone has to get into giving explanations and ranting or whatever when it's not needed so like I said in my previous post you won't get another tech question out of me so don't worry about it

Offline Arro

• Administrator
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #11 on: 02:50:47 PM / 12-Sep-08 »
Quote from: sideways_s12
I'm not hostile and I was asking about this particular set-up moreso the rotors and not neccesarly the whole set-up...And how exactly am I in the the wrong because I asked a question about something? jsut wanted to know if they would bolt-up or not a simple yes or no would of worked just fine for me but then everyone has to get into giving explanations and ranting or whatever when it's not needed so like I said in my previous post you won't get another tech question out of me so don't worry about it

You are in the wrong because you got pissed off when he was basically telling you to search first, and now because you still think that it's ok to ask a question before searching. Can't be any simpler than that about it.

If you don't want to ask any more questions, that's a shame, but I'll put it this way, no offense but if you never asked any more questions on here, and just stuck to reading the threads, you'd prolly still get your answer. Think about it. The lurkers often know more than we realize for this very reason.

Nobody's saying not to ask a question, but we are saying try to answer it first by reading around a bit. The only time you should ask a question without first reading threads is if your'e in a pinch, like in the middle or a repair or something, and need an answer FAST.
« Last Edit: 02:51:52 PM / 12-Sep-08 by Arro »
-Jason Arro

formerly,
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo

Offline mod_mastaz

« Reply #12 on: 05:38:27 PM / 12-Sep-08 »
Calm down. There has been A LOT of misinformation being spread around about S12 tech. Anything drivetrain or suspension related has been stretched and misinterpreted to hell. I'm not saying it's you, but I just don't know where it's coming from.

In any case, there are stickies and everyone just ignores them. That's what bugs me. I offered to help you, but if you refuse it that's on you. You will find that a majority of the tech info stems from asparagus' and my threads, including IggyE and many more, in which we bounced ideas back and forth til we did it to our own cars. GL and have fun.

Offline sideways_s12

• CS12 OG
  • Moderators
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #13 on: 07:02:49 PM / 12-Sep-08 »
there is no need for me to calm down because I was never pissed but I do not like to be called lazy but that's neither here nor there and I'm sure there is nuthin in your thread about this particular set-up so like I said before a simple yes or would suffice but forget it now and arro you can lock or delete this thread I'm done with it it didn't serve the purpose I wanted it to so there is no need for it I'm done with it now and moving on respond if you like but I won't see it as I'm no longer coming back to this thread.