Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Powerplant (engine) Variations  (Read 6407 times)

Offline Arro

  • Administrator
  • S12 Guru
  • *****
  • Location: San Jacinto, CA, USA (951)
  • Posts: 16,885
  • Vehicle: 1985 Nissan 200SX
    • http://www.cardomain.com/id/arro200sx
Powerplant (engine) Variations
« on: 11:52:16 PM / 12-Sep-08 »


CA18ET = Used throughout the world

CA18DET = Used in Japan on '88 models, some parts of Europe (Gran Prix edition)

CA20E = Used in North America, some parts of Europe, and the Australian market

FJ20E = Used in Japan on Gazelle RS-X*

FJ20ET = Used in Japan on Silvia RS-X*

VG30E = Used in North America on some '87 and '88 models (Sports Edition)

*Cars imported into Australian "grey" market.
« Last Edit: 12:10:16 AM / 13-Sep-08 by Arro »

Facebook Share    

-Jason Arro


'85 Nissan 200SX (KA24DE)
formerly,
'85 Nissan Silvia RS-X - FJ20 w/ dual Weber carbs
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo
Drive it like you stole it, and work on it like you married it - self quote
Quote from: ka-t.org
Hella flush and all associates should be gunned down for brainwashing people into thinking a 225 and lots of camber is proper wheel fitment. THAT IS EASY, anyone can camber a skinny as tire till it dosnt rub. Now fitting an 11 with a 315 on stock fender with reasonable camber, that is fitment. And looks, and performs better than both.
i dont own a s12 at the moment but trying to acquire one to get rid of my s13 hatch
Quote from: SHOUTBOX
[27:54] zastaba: I had a friend touch the contacts on his distributer once
[28:04] zastaba: He did the super jumping up and down pain dance

Offline David B

  • S12 Guru
  • *****
  • Location: NOVA (Northern VA), Manassas
  • Posts: 7,366
Powerplant (engine) Variations
« Reply #1 on: 12:00:56 AM / 13-Sep-08 »
the FJ looks very nice. can you explain where it was made,

i figure the part of the world the FJ was made had to be towards performance... my god its such a great base to start off of..


imagine.. in the 80's!

a little 180 HP TURBO, with fuel injection.... and rear disk brakes? and IRS also ...... talking lady like the full models!! fucking ridiculous... i can never beleive how are car is so forgotten... when it could blow away todays POS wannabes.

oh yea did i even mention RWD


caged ca20e/ka24e/sr20det/ka24de/1jzgte SRA hatch. super sick

Quote from: Arro
Goddamn David you seriously are hard core man.
Quote from: tjs91tsi
Ohh, and unless you havn't figured it out yet, Stop driving with coolant leaks and Stop dropping nails in your fucking trannys!!!

Offline David B

  • S12 Guru
  • *****
  • Location: NOVA (Northern VA), Manassas
  • Posts: 7,366
Powerplant (engine) Variations
« Reply #2 on: 06:09:15 PM / 20-Sep-08 »
im confused by the fact that the diagram you have FJ20ET.


would int be a FJ20DE, or DET since its DOHC?
« Last Edit: 05:07:48 PM / 30-Sep-08 by Arro »


caged ca20e/ka24e/sr20det/ka24de/1jzgte SRA hatch. super sick

Quote from: Arro
Goddamn David you seriously are hard core man.
Quote from: tjs91tsi
Ohh, and unless you havn't figured it out yet, Stop driving with coolant leaks and Stop dropping nails in your fucking trannys!!!

Offline Garrett76zt

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Location: Dayton, Ohio
  • Posts: 286
    • http://
Powerplant (engine) Variations
« Reply #3 on: 10:50:19 PM / 20-Sep-08 »
No, this was before Nissan was using the "D" designation for dual cam motors.
« Last Edit: 05:14:11 PM / 13-Jan-09 by 200sxkitcar »
*sigline deleted for violation of the rules*

Offline 200SXXEnotchbck86

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Location: Reno, NV
  • Posts: 1,540
    • http://www.cardomain.com/id/ruppert_j
Powerplant (engine) Variations
« Reply #4 on: 03:07:24 PM / 09-Nov-08 »
Might explain why we never got the FJ, The Corvette of the early 80's might have had only around 200 hp.  Think they would have let an Import have top dog honors.  My 83 z28 was rated at like 155, and the H.O. motor was rated at 190.  The Mustang GT didn't hit 200 hp intill 87.  I think we didn't get the FJ because of politics.  It probably ran cleaner then those other motors too.

Dangit, need to look at the dates, at least its only a month or 2 old.
« Last Edit: 03:08:56 PM / 09-Nov-08 by 200SXXEnotchbck86 »


Jason Ruppert
94 Chevy Camaro V6 5spd Commuter
97 Dodge Caravan

"Time changes all, but not the minds of man. Intill hate, greed and indifference is gone. There will always be War and Poverty."-Quote from Me

Offline Draconis

Powerplant (engine) Variations
« Reply #5 on: 03:11:31 PM / 09-Nov-08 »
Arro, you should find a diagram or make one like that for all the current engines that are swapped with... It could help with the constant, "which is better' threads.

We have those above, why not add: CA18DET, SR20DET red top, SR20DET black top, RB20DET, RB25DET, RB26DETT, VG30DE, VG30ET, VG30DETT

Offline jeffwins24

  • BANNED Users
  • S12 Guru
  • *****
  • Location: Miami, florida
  • Posts: 2,946
    • http://
Powerplant (engine) Variations
« Reply #6 on: 03:31:30 PM / 09-Nov-08 »
ARRO you forgot the FJ24 thats makes 243hp at the crank :o
« Last Edit: 05:15:13 PM / 13-Jan-09 by 200sxkitcar »
VG30ET > 2JZ > RB > 1JZ> L28ET> 4g63t > 7m > 3gste > KA24DET > SR20DET > *

Offline ryan206

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 2,372
Powerplant (engine) Variations
« Reply #7 on: 08:05:03 PM / 19-Dec-08 »
Quote from: 200SXXEnotchbck86
Might explain why we never got the FJ, The Corvette of the early 80's might have had only around 200 hp.  Think they would have let an Import have top dog honors.  My 83 z28 was rated at like 155, and the H.O. motor was rated at 190.  The Mustang GT didn't hit 200 hp intill 87.  I think we didn't get the FJ because of politics.  It probably ran cleaner then those other motors too.

Dangit, need to look at the dates, at least its only a month or 2 old.
1985 Corvettes made 230HP/330TQ

An FJ20ET would hold its own against a vette of the same year.

Offline Arro

  • Administrator
  • S12 Guru
  • *****
  • Location: San Jacinto, CA, USA (951)
  • Posts: 16,885
  • Vehicle: 1985 Nissan 200SX
    • http://www.cardomain.com/id/arro200sx
Powerplant (engine) Variations
« Reply #8 on: 01:23:15 PM / 20-Dec-08 »
Quote from: Draconis
Arro, you should find a diagram or make one like that for all the current engines that are swapped with... It could help with the constant, "which is better' threads.

We have those above, why not add: CA18DET, SR20DET red top, SR20DET black top, RB20DET, RB25DET, RB26DETT, VG30DE, VG30ET, VG30DETT

Nah, that's why we have tech sections for the popular swaps, and a general swap setction for the not-so-common ones. I put that info here and a handful of people will want to argue what is or is not a completed and verified swap. Plus *anything* can be swapped with enough money.



Quote from: jeffwins24
ARRO you forgot the FJ24 thats makes 243hp at the crank :o

The FJ24 didn't come in the S12, it came in the "240RS" (not to be confused with the "240SX"), which was Nissan's limited-production Group B World Rally Championship car. I'm pretty sure you had to "be somebody" to land one of those back in the day, and I'm not even sure any of them are left.

 The other reason has to do with the way the Japanese feel about the western market. But yes, the importation laws also have a lot to do with it, and what is allowed in by the DOT is based on their evaluation of the impact it would have on the domestic market.
« Last Edit: 05:15:58 PM / 13-Jan-09 by 200sxkitcar »
-Jason Arro


'85 Nissan 200SX (KA24DE)
formerly,
'85 Nissan Silvia RS-X - FJ20 w/ dual Weber carbs
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo
Drive it like you stole it, and work on it like you married it - self quote
Quote from: ka-t.org
Hella flush and all associates should be gunned down for brainwashing people into thinking a 225 and lots of camber is proper wheel fitment. THAT IS EASY, anyone can camber a skinny as tire till it dosnt rub. Now fitting an 11 with a 315 on stock fender with reasonable camber, that is fitment. And looks, and performs better than both.
i dont own a s12 at the moment but trying to acquire one to get rid of my s13 hatch
Quote from: SHOUTBOX
[27:54] zastaba: I had a friend touch the contacts on his distributer once
[28:04] zastaba: He did the super jumping up and down pain dance

Offline GForce S12

  • n00b
  • **
  • Location: Austria
  • Posts: 86
Powerplant (engine) Variations
« Reply #9 on: 02:36:09 PM / 31-Jan-09 »

Quote
CA18ET = Used throughout the world

CA18DET = Used in Japan on '88 models, some parts of Europe (Gran Prix edition)

CA20E = Used in North America, some parts of Europe, and the Australian market

FJ20E = Used in Japan on Gazelle RS-X*

FJ20ET = Used in Japan on Silvia RS-X*

VG30E = Used in North America on some '87 and '88 models (Sports Edition)

Hey Arro,

Maybe it would be good to mention that the FJ20E was also used in the european S12s.
Especially in the german room (Austria included) a lot of FJ powered ones can be found.

 
Also the "standard" GP came with a FJ.
Only for the swiss market they did the CA engine foe emission reasons (catalytic converter) where the FJ was never sold because of the lack of cat.

FJ20 POWER