Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: -squid- Vs. -tiger-  (Read 2167 times)

Offline Germrot

• http://
-squid- Vs. -tiger-
« on: 05:52:48 AM / 29-Oct-08 »
Here will be my official home for all the work I do to my dear 1984 Turbo Hatchback.  I'm not entirely sure what all will happen to her in the coming months but hopefully a lot of good will come from it!  As of now i've only had the car for a few short weeks and have done nothing except ensure its running well.

She's bone stock at the moment and been well taken care of i believe.  This is how it looked when i picked it up!  the odometer isn't working and the turbo meter isn't working.  the antenna won't go up when i turn on the radio either!  also one of the belts squeeks like crazy so its in need of some tightening.

after getting the alternater tested one day it turns out fine and while putting the alt back in i noticed the ground from the battery is horribly corroded under the plate the battery sits on.  so i got a few new cables, sanded the paint off one of the strut mounts and rigged 'em up.  everything seems to be working fine now as i really have to work hard to get the voltmeter to go under 12v.  i mean i have to have everything on!  radio/air/lights/windows rolling up and down.  then it goes right back up to 12v when i stop.

it was dark but here's a picture of the ground setup to the chassis and motor you can kind of see down there too.

I'll leave you with a cool picture i took today while out cruisin around in my neighborhood.  sorry nothing exciting yet but then again...aren't all s12's exciting?    

Until next time

Facebook Share    

Offline David B

• S12 Guru
-squid- Vs. -tiger-
« Reply #1 on: 11:27:01 AM / 29-Oct-08 »
love the copper turbo. my fav as always

why do all the copper turbos seem so clean?

caged ca20e/ka24e/sr20det/ka24de/1jzgte SRA hatch. super sick

Quote from: Arro
Goddamn David you seriously are hard core man.
Quote from: tjs91tsi
Ohh, and unless you havn't figured it out yet, Stop driving with coolant leaks and Stop dropping nails in your fucking trannys!!!

Offline Xano

• Viva la Tropico!
  • Administrator
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Charger
    • This Isn't Over, LLC
-squid- Vs. -tiger-
« Reply #2 on: 12:54:14 PM / 29-Oct-08 »
because you cant tell the difference between rust and the paint.
~xano

Offline Germrot

-squid- Vs. -tiger-
« Reply #3 on: 02:41:07 PM / 29-Oct-08 »
lol that may be, but this one really is clean hehe

Offline 200sxkitcar

• Moderators
  • S12 Guru
    • http://s232.photobucket.com/albums/ee276/Sterlingps12/
-squid- Vs. -tiger-
« Reply #4 on: 06:29:26 PM / 29-Oct-08 »
He's in Arizona. there is no rust!

That is a SUPER clean car.  I would LOVE to see it in person, I'm going to be travelling thru your neighborhood on the 10 in about 2 weeks, care to meet up?  I was just up there in april.

I would like to get some real detailed shots of the motor and vac line routings, its REAL hard to find a good complete running CA18ET these days.  There's another guy (silverarrow) in Banning CA right further down the 10, but it may not have the 18et in it anymore....

Everything else underhood pretty much stock?  does it run good?

I so want a copper car! very nice   how many mi on this beast?
Sterling Picton

Offline Germrot

-squid- Vs. -tiger-
« Reply #5 on: 06:40:12 PM / 29-Oct-08 »
Absolutely!  What day and time do you think it will be?  i leave for work around 2pm most days of the week.  Whole motor is stock and it runs good, nothing too out of the ordinary at all!  i'll try to get it cleaned up for your pictures if everything goes good and the time is right.

as far as mileage goes the guy who sold it to me was guessing at 75k... the odometer stopped workin at about 58k. after that his daughter drove it to school and back for a year or so and then it sat around in his garage and driveway for a year or two after she got a neon.  so the mileage is currently unknown which sucks but not a really big deal to me.

Offline David B

• S12 Guru
-squid- Vs. -tiger-
« Reply #6 on: 06:41:52 PM / 29-Oct-08 »
does your speedometer work? if it doesnt... ahem i have my writeup from this week

Ohh, and unless you havn't figured it out yet, Stop driving with coolant leaks and Stop dropping nails in your fucking trannys!!!

Offline Germrot

-squid- Vs. -tiger-
« Reply #7 on: 06:52:14 PM / 29-Oct-08 »
the speedo does work indeed!  I suppose fixing the odo should be a little side project to work on.  what do you got on that?

Offline David B

• S12 Guru
-squid- Vs. -tiger-
« Reply #8 on: 06:53:23 PM / 29-Oct-08 »
then your cluster is probally broken, i thought the doemeter works in the same gear box thing with the speedometer,

does your tripometer work?

are you digital or analog
« Last Edit: 06:53:47 PM / 29-Oct-08 by David B »

Offline Germrot

-squid- Vs. -tiger-
« Reply #9 on: 07:09:35 PM / 29-Oct-08 »
its digi.  do you mean the little trip computer located beneath the am/fm cassette stereo?  that thing works too, all functions of it.  instant MPG is pretty cool... when i floor it i get down to like 4mpg!  huzzah!  

Offline David B

• S12 Guru
-squid- Vs. -tiger-
« Reply #10 on: 07:11:41 PM / 29-Oct-08 »
Quote from: Germrot
its digi.  do you mean the little trip computer located beneath the am/fm cassette stereo?  that thing works too, all functions of it.  instant MPG is pretty cool... when i floor it i get down to like 4mpg!  huzzah!  

oohh eltronics are not my thing or alot of peoples, ud have to swap clusters im sure

Offline 200sxkitcar

• Moderators
  • S12 Guru
    • http://s232.photobucket.com/albums/ee276/Sterlingps12/
-squid- Vs. -tiger-
« Reply #11 on: 07:25:04 PM / 29-Oct-08 »
WOW that is low mi, no wonder why it looks so clean!

when I get more of an exacting plan down, I will let you know, but thanks for the info, I'll plan accordingly   looking forward to seeing it in person!

the odo display is tied into the digital readout, I don't remember there being actual counters, so its all electronic.  Dunno if there is a way to pull that info out even tho that part has died, you would have to go off of the FSM.  not like it particularly matters, really

Sterling Picton

Offline Germrot

-squid- Vs. -tiger-
« Reply #12 on: 01:52:57 AM / 30-Oct-08 »
Yeah Oddly enough the odo is actually rolling counters.  only part on the digi dash that isn't digi!  so there's hope!