I Want Opinions!

Started by henge, 06:49:11 PM / 16-Nov-08

Previous topic - Next topic

dirtymike1

http://sunrisejdmmotors.com/man_engines.php?id=5

Here is the best prices I've found for motors. But take this with a grain of salt, the "best deal" might wind up bitting you in the ass.

The prices that Arro posted are the market average, and I would highly recommend a rebuild on any imported motor.
In every war, there are causalities...

www.bluecollarwar.com

Fight the war

Quote from: Butcher
When the new owner went with a speed 180-190 km/h, it was attacked by a tree

Those damn trees, they'll get you every time

TalkingGoats

I'd rather be a matchstick than a lighter.

sinestro

you want a opinion, well try something that no one else has tryed, something that would be more efficient, and reliable than any other option, that being said with the rise in 'green power' i would try something like that with a older nissan diesel, converted to run on vegtable oil or propane. the older style diesals should bolt in, don't quote me on that though i don't know. if all out power is the goal, then sure go for some domestic v8, but there will be some heavy fabrication neaded in order for it to work. i don't know what your goals or skills are, so its real hard to say ' just get this', and really its your car, so do what you want with it and you'll be happyer in the long run, cause its your project and your ideas, and tryin to go along with someone elses plans or opinion, is really pointless, if you yourself don't truely like it in the long run
"You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat."

userbar by someone?

i know old navy sucks, but i can't help myself i like the music...
http://www.iamlights.com/

nunquam dormio

silvia love

the northstar v8 is a fwd platform, which i have no experience with. if you could fit a rwd tranny that would be bad ass. i read those engines are close to the aluminum ls1 weight. for $250 thats a steal.

personally i asked my self the same question. i answered my self with a ka24e. cheap and more powerful than my old ca20e. i like the fact that you can go to a junkyard and snatch ka parts off of like 4 different cars. so parts are easy to find. then not to mention theres actually a nice aftermarket now for the ka's. its really a straight foward swap that nets nice gains. the list of engines compatible with the s12 goes on and on, anything could work it just depends what you want to do and how much you want to put into it.

jeffwins24

Quote from: dirtymike1
http://sunrisejdmmotors.com/man_engines.php?id=5

Here is the best prices I've found for motors. But take this with a grain of salt, the "best deal" might wind up bitting you in the ass.

The prices that Arro posted are the market average, and I would highly recommend a rebuild on any imported motor.

Woah THATS a GREAT price for a SR20DET redtop 1,500

CA18 - 1,048: thats about a good and normal price for them
VG30ET > 2JZ > RB > 1JZ> L28ET> 4g63t > 7m > 3gste > KA24DET > SR20DET > *

dirtymike1

Shit even the RB20 is the same price as the CA18det, that's what blew my mind. I figured that it would have been a helluva lot more.

www.bluecollarwar.com

Fight the war

jeffwins24

Quote from: dirtymike1
Shit even the RB20 is the same price as the CA18det, that's what blew my mind. I figured that it would have been a helluva lot more.

thing is, yeah thr RB20 is around the same price as the 18DET but how much money are you gonna invest in welding if you can't weld for yourself? The RB you have to make it fit, the CA drops right in.
VG30ET > 2JZ > RB > 1JZ> L28ET> 4g63t > 7m > 3gste > KA24DET > SR20DET > *

dirtymike1

Yea I know. But it's still a pretty good deal.

And I can weld, no very well, but I can. I have a friend that works for NASA, he can make me some cool stuff

www.bluecollarwar.com

Fight the war