Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: $brokenprojects$  (Read 3496 times)

Offline GarageBurdenedS12

• n00b
    • http://
$brokenprojects$
« on: 04:02:13 AM / 15-Dec-08 »
Well my names Jake. I'm 19yo and I'm not the best mechanic in the world, but i'm learning. Most of my work is... Actually all of my work is done in my grandfathers garage by me with help from friends. I have a habit of being lazy when it comes to doing things for myself. I'm a hard worker when i'm helping others just never have the initiative to get things done for myself. So if the s12's not ca18 swaped by this summer dont be suprised.

Projects-
Rusted out S12 ca20e auto
  Owned by me

Machanicly- currently leaking oil from the front oil seal. i have its engine out and am waiting for parts to come in.

Body - Well i have a lot of body work ahead of me. I have the visible drivers side done and it looks good but still alot to go. Also the front bumper is bent in. Right now its painted flat black.

Plans- S13 suspension, ca18det swap, weilded diff... Hopefully will be able to enter accouple drift events this summer...

1988 Toyota Supra turbo auto
  Owned by Mike(friend)

Machanicly- Blown head gasket. Getting the parts in this week and fixing it this weekend. Also a bolt twisted off in the thermostat... not entirly sure what we're doing about that but we'll figure it out.

Body- nothing worth mentioning... alittle rust acouple dents. nothing thats big to fix... Painted flat black with a red rising sun on the hood.

Plans- swap to manual, eventually 600hp streetable car...

1987 RX-7 gxl manual
  Owned by Ryan(friend)

Machanicly- Worn clutch... Needs replaced asap.

Body- Panda with flat black hood and red rising sun. Home depot front lip  

Suspension - Cut springs... He didnt have money for coil overs and he was tired of waiting...    worked well tho...

Plans - Coil overs and a mild turbo set up... hopefully going to drifting events this summer.

1952 Ford F1 pickup
   Owned by my grandfather

Machanicly- Engines in sitting on frame. 238 flat head V8.

Body - getting sandblasted and painted. Will be painted red.

Plans- Strictly Stock

Group Plans/Projects

-This spring we should be taking a trip down to Tail of the Dragon.

-We're making a video/movie that shows the lifestyle of street racers. Mischeif type of stuff just less glorified... The video will show the growing of our project cars and just the crazy situations we get ourselfs into...

I'll have pictures posted up in a day or two.

Facebook Share    

Offline frosti108

$brokenprojects$
« Reply #1 on: 09:28:36 AM / 15-Dec-08 »
lets see some pics or somethin
« Last Edit: 08:29:35 AM / 10-Jan-09 by Jsvob03 »
1988 nissan 200sx Se-v6. just a few tweaks, and a welded rear
http://www.youtube.com/user/frosti108

Offline JonB

• CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
  • S12 Guru
$brokenprojects$
« Reply #2 on: 12:21:22 PM / 15-Dec-08 »
Welcome! Hey; You know you don't know, which means you know more than most!

About to hack up an '87 RX7 Turbo II. I got he motor trans ECU for my S12. Guy on RX7.com is talkin about grabbin' the posi and and some interior stuff. Deal not sealed yet. 5-lug car but took a hit on the left front. I know the rotor is cracked there, but I don't know if the hub is good. Silver car/grey interior.

• n00b
$brokenprojects$
« Reply #3 on: 03:05:36 AM / 16-Dec-08 »
Supra
 Well we finally got started on the head gasket tonight. Ordered the parts and started tearing down the engine tonight.

S12
 Also finally ordered the front oil seal. It'll be in tomorrow.

Rx7
 Well the clutch is completely done... Sitting at my garage also waiting to be torn apart. Lol its weird having all the cars there over night... Just like wow maybe we all just have getto cars... Oh well at least there not hondas

Story
 I went and checked out a 240sx with ryan(rx7 owner) I'd seen it sitting there months ago but had bad front end damage. Thought maybe if it had a manual trans i could buy it and use both the suspension and trans 4 the s12. The guy that owns it said he'd give it to me for $800. Turns out its an auto tho. Well ryan and i were looking at it and a 300zx sitting there. When his gf runs up and says his car drifted into a parked truck. (He had it in gear... the clutch was so bad it slipped and rolled...) We go running expecting the worst. By some fate of god it hit the trucks tire and did no damage to ether car ... I guess just fates way of saying use the damn ebrake next time.

Ps- i'd love to see the supra 1jz swapped but he doesnt have the money so i think he's just sticking with the 7m-gte    

Pss- honda's are ok... just not my thing...

• n00b
$brokenprojects$
« Reply #4 on: 10:22:44 PM / 18-Dec-08 »
Last night i got the oil seal in the s12. Engine wil' hopefully be in tonight. If not it will be in the next couple days. hopefully i can find all the bolts. cant wait to hear it run again.  

Mike's hear working on the exhaust for his supra. Just to get away from the head gasket work... Going to put a side exit on it.  

I tryed to put pics up but i'm having some tech problems... pretty much my laptops down. so i'm using this old one we have and it doesnt have usb... mikes laptop has usb but can find the software for the camera... i'll find a way one way or another...  

Offline David B

• S12 Guru
$brokenprojects$
« Reply #5 on: 10:26:38 PM / 18-Dec-08 »
OC ftw win!

man my liscense is gone, but everyone i know drives my car for me to get around.

if i go to the beach which i do alot during the summer, (im in va, nova 703) we should meet up or something

i have alot of KA24E and CA20E and random s12 parts, so lemme know whats up.

good luck dont give up!

caged ca20e/ka24e/sr20det/ka24de/1jzgte SRA hatch. super sick

Quote from: Arro
Goddamn David you seriously are hard core man.
Quote from: tjs91tsi
Ohh, and unless you havn't figured it out yet, Stop driving with coolant leaks and Stop dropping nails in your fucking trannys!!!

• n00b
$brokenprojects$
« Reply #6 on: 04:05:39 AM / 23-Dec-08 »
Supra
 Head's off working on cleaning the parts. Waiting for the head gasket it to come in...

S12
 Engine's back together pretty much sitting in the engine bay been trying to get it to line it up with the trans. Kinda hard when i can remember which bolts go where... probly going to order the trans bolts in tomorrow so i kno i have them all...

Been working on lawnmower's lol just a fun thing to mess around with for me. Might try to make go-karts out of them.  

Offline sideways_s12

• CS12 OG
  • Global Moderator
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1987 Nissan 200SX
  • Quit Fuckin around and start the car!
$brokenprojects$
« Reply #7 on: 05:08:17 AM / 23-Dec-08 »
I still see no pics

Offline Wilkie

$brokenprojects$
« Reply #8 on: 04:31:52 PM / 25-Dec-08 »
Quote from: GarageBurdenedS12
Ps- i'd love to see the supra 1jz swapped but he doesnt have the money so i think he's just sticking with the 7m-gte

Dude!  A 7M-GTE can make just as much power as a 1J or 2J!!!  There's just not as much parts support.
Make sure he at least changes his head gasket to an all metal one, as the asbestos ones were junk!

If it were me, I'd take a 7M over an RB20, 1/2JZ OR VG30!!

~Wilkie
--------------------------------------------
Daily Driver -
'92 Mazda Protege
WTS - '86 Nissan S12, CA20E & 5-spd

• n00b
$brokenprojects$
« Reply #9 on: 04:31:23 AM / 10-Jan-09 »
And a month and a half later.... Pic's are finally here-        
S12

Rx7

Supra

1952 ford f1 frame/engine

As for an update-
S12
I need to find the bolts that connect the flexplate to the torque converter... the dealer wants $54 bucks for 4 bolts... if anyone know's. Are they special bolts? i mean would i be risking alot buy just buying some bolts with the same thread and strength and putting them in?

Also i need to figure out the wire's in the distributor.

Anyone know what order thoughs wire's go in? thanks.

PS- thanks to those that defended my thread while i haven't been on...

Offline Jsvob03

• Moderators
  • S12 Guru
$brokenprojects$
« Reply #10 on: 08:33:43 AM / 10-Jan-09 »
Lookin good.

Offline jays86sylvia

• n00b
$brokenprojects$
« Reply #11 on: 09:14:34 PM / 10-Jan-09 »
The dealer wants $54 for those bolts! You should go to the junkyard and start hunting for them or go to any automotive/hardware store but make sure u get the same grade as those bolts. Good luck! Wish I had a big workshop like that. Got everything a man needs to make shit happen!
[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/center][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]"Feelin like a million pesos!"[/quote]Maximum Pogi Package

• n00b
$brokenprojects$
« Reply #12 on: 01:40:16 AM / 15-Jan-09 »
The S12 is officially running... First start up in 6 months she started right up.  Now i just need to finish up body work and paint her and she'll be ready for the road... OK so the paints not important