Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Newly-revised Section  (Read 1536 times)

Offline Arro

• Administrator
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1985 Nissan 200SX
    • http://www.cardomain.com/id/arro200sx
Newly-revised Section
« on: 12:38:03 PM / 25-Jan-09 »
I have revised the Racing section, it is now the "S12 Racing & Performance Results" section.

The "Street Battles" section was brought under discussion by all the moderators. More and more of the moderators are active again, so the discussion saw a lot of input. The decision was unanimous to close down the "Street Battles" section. It was the opinion of the staff that it did not reflect the goals of the staff for this forum, or present a healthy image for the community. This is not up for debate; it was decided on after a couple week's discussion, and now it is done.

In it's place, I have revamped and left two forum subsections:

"Dyno Slips, G-meter readings, etc."

and

"Racing Results"

The first section is for DYNO SLIPS, and G-meter results... anything that gives you cold, hard numbers about the performance. This isolates the performance of the car from driver skill (as best as possible), and gives us a real world idea of what your car is capable of. NO RACING OF ANY KIND discussed here. I don't expect this section to have a lot of threads

The second section is for ACTUAL documented information...if you have a time slip, lap time results, or end of race results you wish to post, you can do so there, and discuss them. This is S12 RELATED ONLY! Any threads about other cars is NOT allowed. I may start a single stickied thread about "post your NON-S12 cars", but it will be *MY* decision to do so, and if anyone does it before me, the thread will be deleted and a warning issued.

Similarly, if anyone posts a street racing post in this section, it will be deleted, and a warning may be issued. This also goes for saying something like "I ran a 12.5 once, but no i don't have a slip to prove it." You don't necessarily have to scan in paperwork, but convince us that it's legit. Obviously, if you have really lofty claims of results, you're gonna need the scanned proof.

I will be moving some threads, and straight up deleting others. The "vs" threads are going bye bye, because the conditions aren't controlled enough. Anyone can say their CA18ET beat a new Charger SRT-8, but we have no way of knowing if the SRT-8 was even trying to race in the first place. Actual racing means the participants show up with the intention of giving it their all, so there's no confusion about it.

Again, this was decided unanimously by the staff.

Facebook Share    

-Jason Arro

'85 Nissan 200SX (KA24DE)
formerly,
'85 Nissan Silvia RS-X - FJ20 w/ dual Weber carbs
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo
Drive it like you stole it, and work on it like you married it - self quote
Quote from: ka-t.org
Hella flush and all associates should be gunned down for brainwashing people into thinking a 225 and lots of camber is proper wheel fitment. THAT IS EASY, anyone can camber a skinny as tire till it dosnt rub. Now fitting an 11 with a 315 on stock fender with reasonable camber, that is fitment. And looks, and performs better than both.
i dont own a s12 at the moment but trying to acquire one to get rid of my s13 hatch
Quote from: SHOUTBOX
[27:54] zastaba: I had a friend touch the contacts on his distributer once
[28:04] zastaba: He did the super jumping up and down pain dance

Offline Xano

• Viva la Tropico!
  • Administrator
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Charger
    • This Isn't Over, LLC
Newly-revised Section
« Reply #1 on: 12:41:28 PM / 25-Jan-09 »
what if you have a friend that wants to race you off track and you'd like to post the results of the race/races.  Will that be more of a coffee shop kinda thing now then?

PERSONALLY, I'd say dont delete the old racing forum posts, i like to read them from time to time when i get bored at work.
~xano

Offline Arro

• Administrator
  • S12 Guru
Newly-revised Section
« Reply #2 on: 12:57:59 PM / 25-Jan-09 »
I'd like to say post it in Coffee Shop, but the problem is, if I say that, all the "big fish" stories will start to litter "Coffee Shop", and that's what we want to avoid.

Basically, whether it's for truth or for bullshit, we're trying to separate the community image from the notion of "shit talking". It doesn't befit us. Our cars are natural underdogs to begin with, and getting people to take us serious requires more than just shit talking. Shit talking makes us look bad as a community.

I didn't delete the section, just rendered it *invisible*, so I can sift through it for any valuable information and extract it.
« Last Edit: 12:58:42 PM / 25-Jan-09 by Arro »
-Jason Arro

formerly,
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo
Hella flush and all associates should be gunned down for brainwashing people into thinking a 225 and lots of camber is proper wheel fitment. THAT IS EASY, anyone can camber a skinny as tire till it dosnt rub. Now fitting an 11 with a 315 on stock fender with reasonable camber, that is fitment. And looks, and performs better than both.
i dont own a s12 at the moment but trying to acquire one to get rid of my s13 hatch

Offline sideways_s12

• CS12 OG
  • Moderators
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1987 Nissan 200SX
  • Quit Fuckin around and start the car!
Newly-revised Section
« Reply #3 on: 04:24:21 PM / 25-Jan-09 »
ok so what if we have vids of off track racing Street racing I love to watch those and ass soon as my car is done will be in many because they changed the rules at the track and alot of the cars that go can no longer go so we go to the street like stoplight to stoplight shit but actual find a deserted road and run'em there.

Offline Arro

• Administrator
  • S12 Guru
Newly-revised Section
« Reply #4 on: 04:29:11 PM / 25-Jan-09 »
If it's a video, put it in the Club theater section like any other S12 vids
-Jason Arro

formerly,
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo

Offline bluke1

Newly-revised Section
« Reply #5 on: 05:20:22 PM / 25-Jan-09 »
i love the idea of an actual performance section. kudos to the admins for trying to improve the perception  of the s12!
on a long enough timeline, everyones survival rate drops to zero

86 200sx notch racecar (soon to be kade)
86 200sx notch ka swap project
87 200sx se welded diff beater
87 200sx se daily driver
76 cadillac miller meteor endloader hearse

Offline Arro

• Administrator
  • S12 Guru
Newly-revised Section
« Reply #6 on: 05:29:33 PM / 25-Jan-09 »
Well dude you should post in that section, since you race on a track!
-Jason Arro

formerly,
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo