Previous topic - Next topic

sideways_s12

Car: 85 Nissan s12
powerplant: ca18det lightly modded lol
owner: Waylon (Iggyeguana)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuIyVv-ZdlY

Needs a fuel pump and he would run much higher numbers

Praizewood

If the transmission and axle loss is about 30% Iggy should have about 300hp at the flywheel!
I see you baby,
working that car,
working that car
working that car.
-Groove Armada remix

USEF says "Impulsion is the term used to describe the transmission of an eager and energetic, yet controlled propulsive energy generated from the hindquarters into the athletic movement of the horse.". How cool is that? Impulsion build here

silvia love

congrats! 200+whp should be fun for the s12. spray some water/meth in that biatch!!!

bartc_j

Quote from: Praizewood
If the transmission and axle loss is about 30% Iggy should have about 300hp at the flywheel!
maybe autos.. our trannies might loose 12-18% tops
Bart
'86 1.8L Turbo

IggyEGuana

The first pull I did netted 153 but the tach signal was not on correct.  Had to wait til everyone else was done then ran again with the tach on correct.  202 with lean AFRs.

lol bout 30%.  Where peeps hearin that stuff?  read this
http://www.sdsefi.com/techdyno.htm
So yeah who knows how much anybody is really making.

Waylon Deno - Silhouette Autosports (check it out on facebook)
Drift Build Thread
Quote from: Arro
you sir are emblazoned with win.

Phisherman09

nice dude!  that thing is puttin some power down!
-86 200sx hatch

Draconis

Quote from: IggyEGuana
lol bout 30%.  Where peeps hearin that stuff?  read this
http://www.sdsefi.com/techdyno.htm
So yeah who knows how much anybody is really making.

Thanks for stating that Waylon.  I was gonna say something but didnt want to come off like an ass.  That site has more info, but the rule of thumb I go by is usually 10-15%.  Upwards of 20% if AWD and that's a very conservative number.

sideways_s12

I;ve always wondered why they don't do the pull in fifth gear instead of third

IggyEGuana

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kXMxeW6uf0

Another view of the same run.  Me gettin fired up cuz after the first run everybody there thought my build was a POS.  They trusted the 153.

202 BITCHES! lol

He was doin most the pulls in 3rd.  He did his own pull in 4th though.  You're supposed to use the gear closest to a 1:1 ratio.  Usually 4th.  IDK though mayb the software that runs the dyno has gotten better or something.

Drift Build Thread

Phisherman09

-86 200sx hatch

SlickS12

Thats 202 w/out an intercooler!  Very good man!  Add an intercooler to the flow and then really shit on that 202hp.  Fuck haters cause they would still lose to this "pos", of course its not but still.  Cool stuff!  

and yest Im liking the exclamation point tonight!!!
'84 SRA VG Notch

Quote from: sam31183 on 07:14:51 PM / 11-Feb-11
yah, camber city called, they want you to run for mayor.
Quote from: jphillips on 04:13:34 PM / 30-Mar-11
Canyon Roads...you go. Faster. And faster. And faster. And then youÃÆ'Ã,¯Ã‚Ã,¿Ã‚Ã,½re simply existing above an asphalt adventure.

sideways_s12

Quote from: SlickS12
Thats 202 w/out an intercooler!  Very good man!  Add an intercooler to the flow and then really shit on that 202hp.  Fuck haters cause they would still lose to this "pos", of course its not but still.  Cool stuff!  
and yest Im liking the exclamation point tonight!!!

And a walbro lol

IggyEGuana

Heres the list of things to be done before hitting the dyno again.

Get the water/meth injection setup done.
Walbro, Nismo FPR, and fuel pressure gauge.
Bigger MAF and intake piping (stock pipe and MAF right now).
Retune with real SAFC. The VAFC works but there are some limitations due to being designed only for honda/acura.

"Install a FMIC" is not on the list and will not be on the list.  This car is not a high HP build.  Its a drift/track/dick around havin fun build.  The pressure loss and lag you get from a FMIC ae not worth the lower intake air temps.  The meth/water injection system is more effective than a FMIC.  Both together is the best setup for power but the injection alone will be ebough for me.

Heres the sheet

When you think about it after all those mods are done and I run it on 14psi instead of 12psi I should be able to make over 250whp on this turbo.

deja vu from my garage thread lol

Drift Build Thread

vg30e_x2_200sx

The pull should be done in 4th gear, not 3rd. 4th is the 1:1. 3rd gives you a false reading. I'll take it with a grain of salt.

You're putting down better than stock power for sure so good job with that. But with a 3rd gear pull I'm not buying it.

And yes I have experience with a wheel dyno. I went with my cousin to have his stang last month. 4th gear pull netted 283.6 rwhp. With some tuning I'm sure there are a few more ponies in there. He didn't have the extra cash for that at the time though.

I can only imagine what would have happened if they did it in 3rd. Sheesh it would have been something close to 340 rwhp.

Randy

San Jose, California U.S.A.

JonB

Cool. Put some big fans infront of the car.

Magnum

Instead of a SAFC might I suggest a NIStune Type 1 Board they are $400. You can now view and log RPM, Speed, MAF voltage, O2 sensor, Temperature, Battery, Timing and various switch settings. Diagnostic Terminal Codes can monitored and cleared. You can also perform real time tuning with this board!

This board along with the NIStune software provides consult capabilities (including Diagnostic reporting) and map tracing for non-consult Nissan ECUs like the CA18DET.
www.nistune.com/
Dan

If you want your car to be cheap and fast it wont be reliable...
If you want your car to be reliable and cheap it wont be fast...
If you want your car to be fast and reliable it wont be cheap...

s12god

Hell ya go iggy. I wish I could put down number like that in my SE.

Keith

Quote from: IggyEGuana

When you think about it after all those mods are done and I run it on 14psi instead of 12psi I should be able to make over 250whp on this turbo.
Mmmm, maybe.....i put down 211whp @ 15 psi on the same turbo (4th gear pull) with the afr's right where they needed to be after a afc2 tune.  I thought it should of been higher  
My mods were 3" turbo back, fmic, afc2, t25g, walbro 255.  I'm gonna go back after I put on my bartco header, evo3 16g, dsm injectors, and z32 maf.....hoping to be up near 280whp, but we'll see.

In anycase those are some pretty good numbers, especially without an intercooler.

*1984 S12 Turbo* CA18DET swap * Custom top mount header & dump pipe * Mitsu Heavy Industries EVO III 16g turbo * Custom 3" turbo back exhaust with Magnaflow muffler * Front mount intercooler * Front mount oil cooler * Nismo fuel pressure regulator * Walbro 255 * DSM 450cc Injestors * Apexi Safc II * AEM Wide Band * AEM Tru Boost * Z32 MAF * Cometic head gasket * Centerforce Dual Friction clutch *  Tokico lowering springs * Owned since 1989 *

*2007 BMW M6* S85 V10 sweetness

*2004 C5 Z06*

*2006 BMW E60 550i Sport* Boner stock; SOLD *

*1995 Maxima* Owned since 1995 SOLD

Car Domain

sideways_s12

Hey keith he also has a tubular mani and the exhaust cam mod not sure what that will net...

Quote from: vg30e_x2_200sx
The pull should be done in 4th gear, not 3rd. 4th is the 1:1. 3rd gives you a false reading. I'll take it with a grain of salt.

You're putting down better than stock power for sure so good job with that. But with a 3rd gear pull I'm not buying it.

And yes I have experience with a wheel dyno. I went with my cousin to have his stang last month. 4th gear pull netted 283.6 rwhp. With some tuning I'm sure there are a few more ponies in there. He didn't have the extra cash for that at the time though.

I can only imagine what would have happened if they did it in 3rd. Sheesh it would have been something close to 340 rwhp.

Theres always a nonbeleiver  

vg30e_x2_200sx

Noooo.......has nothing to do with believing or not. It's about torque multiplication. 3rd gear is not 1:1 so therefore you are putting more power down to the dyno. Do it in 4th like Keith did and then post the numbers. I'd respect that all day long. 3rd gear pulls make it look like you have more power than you actually do.
Don't believe me? Do it in 1st gear and see what you come up with.

Randy

San Jose, California U.S.A.