Ideal Offset?

Started by car.nogo, 10:40:55 AM / 17-Mar-09

Previous topic - Next topic

car.nogo

I'd like to buy some 16x8 wheels and I'm trying to find the right offset for the front and the rear.

TalkingGoats

+10 --> +20

205/R50-55

Quote from: car.nogo
I'd like to buy some 16x8 XXR wheels and I'm trying to find the right offset for the front and the rear.

rIGHT?

I'd rather be a matchstick than a lighter.

rage

Quote from: car.nogo
I'd like to buy some 16x8 wheels and I'm trying to find the right offset for the front and the rear.
ideal? +10 in front -10 in back

TX > CA

car.nogo

SlickS12

I think most oldskool style xxr wheels are wins.  Style, price, quality, all good.  It would be best if you post what wheels and offsets you are looking at, then we can say if you have the offset right.
'84 SRA VG Notch

Quote from: sam31183 on 07:14:51 PM / 11-Feb-11
yah, camber city called, they want you to run for mayor.
Quote from: jphillips on 04:13:34 PM / 30-Mar-11
Canyon Roads...you go. Faster. And faster. And faster. And then youÃÆ'Ã,¯Ã‚Ã,¿Ã‚Ã,½re simply existing above an asphalt adventure.

EightySix200SX

im running 15x7 0 offsets they are very flush.
ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,«LOW.XII.POSITIONÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,».nostalgic car culture & club ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,¦est.2004
ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,¡lowfunsexytime! Global New & Used Parts Sales/Distribution

CLUB-S12 FEEDBACK RATING +72! CLICK HERE
ANYTHING  LOOKIKG FOR :  PARTS IN STOCK CLICK HERE
NEED S12 PARTS NOT LISTED IN MY THREAD? EMAIL lowXIIposition@yahoo.com OR Facebook US: www.facebook.com/need12parts/
I <3 DEMI LOVATO= ID SMASH! SELENA GOMEZ/MILEY CYRUS= R TRASH!

Quote from: fyneyoungstunna on 07:29:16 PM / 09-Jul-11
Damn let a Nig have a moment of glory b4 you start fucking with him.

D-sport S12

^ Same they fit flush in the front but not in the back with all the camber
Jesse R

Keichi Tsuchiya: "I'm afraid if I raced you on the street I'd push you to your death."

rage

Quote from: D-sport S12
^ Same they fit flush in the front but not in the back with all the camber
correcto, also SRA and IRS offsets will vary as the IRS will allow you to clear more

TX > CA

IggyEGuana

you guys are confusing a bit on the rear fitment.  The rear is more sunk-in than the front no?  So 16x8 +10 will fit good up front but be sunk by 20-30mm in rear?

Also to OP you gotta specify whether or not you're ok with rollin your fenders.  The +10 in front will need roll at least IMO.

Waylon Deno - Silhouette Autosports (check it out on facebook)
Drift Build Thread
Quote from: Arro
you sir are emblazoned with win.

rage

you dont deserve to have ideal offset if you cant roll fenders on a 20yr old car

TX > CA

Umai Naa

Ideal offset?

How long is a piece of string?

You need to post up more info.

Ie,
How low?
What size tyres?
IRS or SRA?
What are you using the car for (Hard-parked, drift/track, street)?
Fender work?
Alignment?

Arro

Ok how about this then for specifics:

What is the widest wheel we can run in the front, and the widest wheel in the back, leaving the wheels flush or a bit outside (meaning stretched tires)?

I've seen S13's with deep dish rears, I wonder what we can get away with.
-Jason Arro

'85 Nissan 200SX (KA24DE)
formerly,
'85 Nissan Silvia RS-X - FJ20 w/ dual Weber carbs
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo
Drive it like you stole it, and work on it like you married it - self quote
Quote from: ka-t.orgHella flush and all associates should be gunned down for brainwashing people into thinking a 225 and lots of camber is proper wheel fitment. THAT IS EASY, anyone can camber a skinny as tire till it dosnt rub. Now fitting an 11 with a 315 on stock fender with reasonable camber, that is fitment. And looks, and performs better than both.
Quote from: s-chassis_only on 07:43:21 PM / 25-Sep-10 i dont own a s12 at the moment but trying to acquire one to get rid of my s13 hatch
Quote from: SHOUTBOX[27:54] zastaba: I had a friend touch the contacts on his distributer once
[28:04] zastaba: He did the super jumping up and down pain dance

rage

we can do 8.5"(mayyybe 9's) in front and 10" in rear

TX > CA

Jsvob03

If anyone can supplement this thread with some pics that would be great. Please include the size of the rims (DIA x Width), along with the offset. Maybe if we can get some definitive answers, we could make a sticky. I see this question alot, so a solid answer would be great.

Umai Naa

Quote from: Arro
Ok how about this then for specifics:

What is the widest wheel we can run in the front, and the widest wheel in the back, leaving the wheels flush or a bit outside (meaning stretched tires)?

I've seen S13's with deep dish rears, I wonder what we can get away with.

You'll still need to answer the questions I posted up.

You need to work out what you can comprimise.

car.nogo

I'm just now getting around to replying

the car is has IRS
-I'm like to run the same offset and tire size all around. I would suppose I could fix the filament issue in the rear with spacers. I'd like to run something like a 225/50/16
-I'm more them willing to roll the fenders.
-the car is my Daily driver and is low  

D-sport S12

so you said you want to run 16x8? you could do +15 or 0 offset
Jesse R

Keichi Tsuchiya: "I'm afraid if I raced you on the street I'd push you to your death."

Umai Naa

Although 225/50s are generally cheaper, in my opinion, I feel they're a tad too large on an 8in rim, on a smaller car like the S12.

I'd suggest a 205/55. They're just as common, and are usually cheaper again.

car.nogo

TalkingGoats

Use a tape measure. Or actually read replies.
I'd rather be a matchstick than a lighter.