Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New Management  (Read 4982 times)

Offline Arro

• Administrator
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1985 Nissan 200SX
    • http://www.cardomain.com/id/arro200sx
New Management
« on: 02:03:46 AM / 01-Apr-09 »
Well, I wish it hadn't come to this. But I've been working a lot more, and other things have been taking up more and more of my time. I've discussed it at length with my roommate, too. And my Neon has been taking back more of my interests.

In the end, I've decided that the responsibility of managing Club-S12 is too great at this time, and I am moving on.

I'm not giving up my S12's. I'm just stepping down and leaving the task of managing the site to someone else. I know my choice is correct.

Colin Masterson will be taking over as Site Administrator, and will manage all staff and policies. He's worked hard to keep things on par here, and I know that he's more than willing to handle the job. I'm pretty sure he will be picking new staff members, or at least some new ones, so probably you will see some changes in the staff roster. He's also expressed an interest in changing the look and feel of the forum, so it should be interesting to see what happens.

Sterling is still very interested in cleaning up details on the forum.... straightening out the information, reorganizing the sections, and filling in the information gaps where needed. He's done a lot over the last six months, and I'm sure he'll continue to do so in the future.

I've been with Club-S12 since the beginning, and I had hoped to continue with it for some time, but it's just not in the cards at this time.

It's been fun, and definitely productive. I'm sorry to leave it sooner than I planned, but I know it's in good hands.

-Arro

Facebook Share    

-Jason Arro

'85 Nissan 200SX (KA24DE)
formerly,
'85 Nissan Silvia RS-X - FJ20 w/ dual Weber carbs
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo
Drive it like you stole it, and work on it like you married it - self quote
Quote from: ka-t.org
Hella flush and all associates should be gunned down for brainwashing people into thinking a 225 and lots of camber is proper wheel fitment. THAT IS EASY, anyone can camber a skinny as tire till it dosnt rub. Now fitting an 11 with a 315 on stock fender with reasonable camber, that is fitment. And looks, and performs better than both.
i dont own a s12 at the moment but trying to acquire one to get rid of my s13 hatch
Quote from: SHOUTBOX
[27:54] zastaba: I had a friend touch the contacts on his distributer once
[28:04] zastaba: He did the super jumping up and down pain dance

Offline David B

• S12 Guru
New Management
« Reply #1 on: 02:08:09 AM / 01-Apr-09 »
 my reign or torment begins!

haha dont go completly away keep trying to post a little or else the s12 bug will leave
« Last Edit: 02:09:02 AM / 01-Apr-09 by David B »

caged ca20e/ka24e/sr20det/ka24de/1jzgte SRA hatch. super sick

Quote from: Arro
Goddamn David you seriously are hard core man.
Quote from: tjs91tsi
Ohh, and unless you havn't figured it out yet, Stop driving with coolant leaks and Stop dropping nails in your fucking trannys!!!

Offline sideways_s12

• CS12 OG
  • Moderators
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1987 Nissan 200SX
  • Quit Fuckin around and start the car!
New Management
« Reply #2 on: 02:13:33 AM / 01-Apr-09 »
Fuck it's about time.......

J/k wish you the best in where ever the neon takes you you'll be back again the s12 runs in your blood...

Offline nismologist

• S12 Guru
    • http://
New Management
« Reply #3 on: 02:20:44 AM / 01-Apr-09 »
s12 love man.

YOU THOUGHT SO, BUT I KNOW SO.
-Macho Man Randy Savage

Offline Xano

• Viva la Tropico!
  • Administrator
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Charger
    • This Isn't Over, LLC
New Management
« Reply #4 on: 03:06:13 AM / 01-Apr-09 »
Arro, as long as you stick around on here, all will work out in time.

Colin, grats.  I think you'll take us to a new level, honestly.  Your car's been featured in magazines, been in shows, and had 2 different engines with a 3rd on the way... I trust you to take us the right direction.  I think you were the right choice.

Although....it is April fools day.
« Last Edit: 03:28:09 AM / 01-Apr-09 by Xano »
~xano

Offline RB25sx - SLPR

New Management
« Reply #5 on: 05:45:04 AM / 01-Apr-09 »
April fools?

-Dan

Offline bartc_j

• Questionable Seller/BUYER BEWARE
  • S12 Guru
    • http://members.cardomain.com/bartc_2
New Management
« Reply #6 on: 09:45:53 AM / 01-Apr-09 »
i wish it was a joke,,, damnit jason that really pisses me off we put all this work into this club and you just walk out on me and the rest of us... whatever dude if that damn riced out neon really sways you so much more then the s12 then i guess we'll survive just fine without you... anyways colin i need to pm me so i can get your phone number so we can talk about what steps we need to take to change the managment as i have all the passwords and important info of this frum as well..
Bart
 '86 1.8L Turbo

Offline Xano

• Viva la Tropico!
  • Administrator
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Charger
    • This Isn't Over, LLC
New Management
« Reply #7 on: 10:50:55 AM / 01-Apr-09 »
Wow man.  I actually get the feeling this is true.  No posts showing up on the mainpage from the admin section that show up unavailable when clicked ATM, I'd think there would be one to let the admins know whats going on if it were a joke......

Like i said, Colin will be a great admin, and since hes already "co-admin" along with you, Bart, I cant imagine much will change for the bad.
~xano

Offline nismologist

• S12 Guru
New Management
« Reply #8 on: 01:35:03 PM / 01-Apr-09 »
is this an april fools joke?

YOU THOUGHT SO, BUT I KNOW SO.
-Macho Man Randy Savage

Offline Arro

• Administrator
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1985 Nissan 200SX
    • http://www.cardomain.com/id/arro200sx
New Management
« Reply #9 on: 07:29:33 PM / 01-Apr-09 »
Hahah Bart you made it all worth while....

APRIL FOOLS! LOL

Okay so some of you suspected, one of you figured it out, right off the bat. Others outhought yourself, and bothered to second guess...

Hahaha so anyways the cat's out of the bag. I ain't goin' nowhere. I'm glad nobody sent me off with a "good riddance" (at least not seriously).

I even changed the Site Administrator group mask to say "Members" like everyone else's

LOL Bart, oh Bart! Dude you should know better! OMG I just about lost my lungs from laughin' when I saw your post AFTER I let you know it was a joke... WOW you must be pretty embarassed haha.

The "ricey" Neon he's referring to:

lol apparently Sterling isn't the only one who wants to clown on it, but lemme tell you, it will outhandle ANY S12, and is faster than most of them, too... probably about on-par with an SE. It's nothing to shy at. Yeah, I have a CF hood... and fuck, even have a CF GAS LID. That's right, the gas door is made of a sheet of real carbon fiber. Yeah, the car's a bit "ebay" if you get me, but I like the way it looks, I like the way it drives, and it's a lot of fun.

BUT....

It will NEVER be an S12, which will ALWAYS be my first love. ALWAYS. FOREVER. I don't care that we have fuckin' camber problems with our IRS models, or that Nissan electronics are whacky as fuck.... I love the way our cars look, and how they feel to drive... and our amazing engine swap options... and our nitche quality.
« Last Edit: 07:31:04 PM / 01-Apr-09 by Arro »
-Jason Arro

'85 Nissan 200SX (KA24DE)
formerly,
'85 Nissan Silvia RS-X - FJ20 w/ dual Weber carbs
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo
Drive it like you stole it, and work on it like you married it - self quote
Quote from: ka-t.org
Hella flush and all associates should be gunned down for brainwashing people into thinking a 225 and lots of camber is proper wheel fitment. THAT IS EASY, anyone can camber a skinny as tire till it dosnt rub. Now fitting an 11 with a 315 on stock fender with reasonable camber, that is fitment. And looks, and performs better than both.
i dont own a s12 at the moment but trying to acquire one to get rid of my s13 hatch
Quote from: SHOUTBOX
[27:54] zastaba: I had a friend touch the contacts on his distributer once
[28:04] zastaba: He did the super jumping up and down pain dance

Offline sideways_s12

• CS12 OG
  • Moderators
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1987 Nissan 200SX
  • Quit Fuckin around and start the car!
New Management
« Reply #10 on: 07:35:07 PM / 01-Apr-09 »
this thread is now fail worthy wtf stupid april fools day jokes lol good one J....

Offline Alex Frost

• Moderators
  • S12 Guru
    • http://www.cardomain.com/id/05alex
New Management
« Reply #11 on: 07:35:07 PM / 01-Apr-09 »
Yeah the fact that there was no mod action is more of a sign that it was a hoax.  we all talk so having something this big not be talked about in the mod section is unlikely...

But even I second guessed it seeing as I was away for a couple days...
The Nissan S12 Silvia...built while Nissan was still smokin' the green stuff
Cars...
2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V
1988 Toyota Supra Turbo->->NOT SO Turbo
1987 S12 hatch...KAZU is BACK!!! and she still runs!!!
1986 S12 hatch...GONE!
1980 Toyota Celica "Sunchaser" w/ 20R Sold
Team Frost; there's nothing faster than cats on grass!

Offline bartc_j

• Questionable Seller/BUYER BEWARE
  • S12 Guru
    • http://members.cardomain.com/bartc_2
New Management
« Reply #12 on: 09:07:04 PM / 01-Apr-09 »

LOL Bart, oh Bart! Dude you should know better! OMG I just about lost my lungs from laughin' when I saw your post AFTER I let you know it was a joke... WOW you must be pretty embarassed haha.

ahh negative i added that post to make it seem more real after i talked to you dumbass...lol
Bart
 '86 1.8L Turbo

Offline VG30_S12

• FJ to KA in 5.2 years...
  • Vehicle: 1985 Nissan S12
New Management
« Reply #13 on: 09:22:00 PM / 01-Apr-09 »
Quote from: bartc_j
ahh negative i added that post to make it seem more real after i talked to you dumbass...lol
wow, well ether way, you guys had me going... (that and teh 1st totally slipped my mind)
well played, glad to hear your not going anywhere arro
1984 Nissan 200sx S12 (FJ20E/KA24DE) its back on bitches >:)
1983 Datsun 280zx megasquirt project (H8FE02)
1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Family Hauler/Parts Grabber
"sounds like youve got a serious case of being a WHINY LITTLE BITCH, i'm prescribing you a large dose of MAN THE FUCK UP!!!!"
~friend

Offline SprockCapn

New Management
« Reply #14 on: 10:48:54 PM / 01-Apr-09 »
I also thought it was an April fools joke even though your story was so convincing.... Then I did notice that your thing said "members" and that was the kicker that made me thing it really was legit.

Good Job

Offline KN13

New Management
« Reply #15 on: 03:23:50 PM / 02-Apr-09 »

APRIL FOOLS! LOL

Arro you're an evil man. lol.

Mr. Cup is a shit! He's pure ceramic evil.

Offline Nick_W

New Management
« Reply #16 on: 04:30:45 PM / 02-Apr-09 »
oh.. damn.. oh..

well goodbye and good luck arro

and welcome back arro.. lol
Congrats! I've never driven an srt-4, however did drive a Turbo PT cruiser, which is amazingly similar..lol,

Quote from: Maxpow
Its like he is playing forza with his life.

Offline Keith

• Honored Veterans
  • S12 Guru
    • http://www.cardomain.com/id/1984rps12
New Management
« Reply #17 on: 04:43:52 PM / 02-Apr-09 »
APRIL FOOLS! LOL

Wait....what?  So you're not leaving....damn!    
J/K
Shouldn't tease Colin like that  

Bart and I were actually talking the other day that none of the original old fart gang would ever leave....so you actually had me fooled for a sec
« Last Edit: 04:44:51 PM / 02-Apr-09 by Keith »

*1984 S12 Turbo* CA18DET swap * Custom top mount header & dump pipe * Mitsu Heavy Industries EVO III 16g turbo * Custom 3" turbo back exhaust with Magnaflow muffler * Front mount intercooler * Front mount oil cooler * Nismo fuel pressure regulator * Walbro 255 * DSM 450cc Injestors * Apexi Safc II * AEM Wide Band * AEM Tru Boost * Z32 MAF * Cometic head gasket * Centerforce Dual Friction clutch *  Tokico lowering springs * Owned since 1989 *

*2007 BMW M6* S85 V10 sweetness

*2004 C5 Z06*

*2006 BMW E60 550i Sport* Boner stock; SOLD *

*1995 Maxima* Owned since 1995 SOLD

Car Domain

Offline SlickS12

• http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=504817996
New Management
« Reply #18 on: 07:02:28 PM / 02-Apr-09 »
I'm glad I picked up on this a day late to figure out what's really going on.  I had all kinds of ideas about how it was all gonna change into something different, Obama style, and I'm glad it's not.  Way to go you April fool
'84 SRA VG Notch

yah, camber city called, they want you to run for mayor.
Canyon Roads...you go. Faster. And faster. And faster. And then you�re simply existing above an asphalt adventure.

Offline bluke1

New Management
« Reply #19 on: 07:12:37 PM / 02-Apr-09 »
unfortunately, i believed it, and all kinds of questions ran through my mind. but, fortunately, i read this a day late so i found out about the joke imediately and wasnt stuck in limbo, questioning the 'new direction' the club was going.  well played good sirs!
on a long enough timeline, everyones survival rate drops to zero

86 200sx notch racecar (soon to be kade)
86 200sx notch ka swap project
87 200sx se welded diff beater
87 200sx se daily driver
76 cadillac miller meteor endloader hearse