Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Name Changes  (Read 1788 times)

Offline Arro

• Administrator
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1985 Nissan 200SX
    • http://www.cardomain.com/id/arro200sx
Name Changes
« on: 12:58:55 PM / 25-Apr-09 »
Some of you have recently changed your names, and I'm sure some people are wondering why. Others are probably asking themselves if it's possible for anyone to get a name change. It's also come up in the midst of some flame wars, so I'm going to set the record straight on this subject.

Generally speaking name changes are NOT ALLOWED without MY approval. No other staff member is able to change a name except Colin (Draconis) and I, and Colin won't do something like this without discussing it with me. So for all intents and purposes, I am the final say on all name changes.

THE ONLY reason why I will allow a name change is if a compelling reason is provided. If someone convinces me that there is a good reason, I *may* choose to do so.

IF I DO SO, the reasons and circumstances behind the change of name are to be kept CONFIDENTIAL between Admin and user. THIS IS NOT TO BE DISCUSSED in the forum after the fact, and doing so will result in action taken against the user. What is agreed upon between Admin and user stays between Admin and user.

If you are unhappy with the change, and want to go back, you have a three-day window. THREE DAYS, that's it... barring that I'm not busy on the third day, but you'd better have your PM showing you asked me on Day 3 or you're out. After three days, you're stuck with it.

DO NOT just ask me if you can change your name. If I get more than a handful of requests immediately after this thread is posted, I'm going to post ban some people for a couple days. Take me serious when I say you had better have a GOOD reason why you are requesting a name change.

The reasons why I am so strict on this is because of issues over the past six months with people who changed their names.

Also, discussing someone else's name change is NOT ALLOWED on C-S12, because the only people with name changes will have GOOD REASON and those reasons are, again, CONFIDENTIAL. So discussing someone's name change will result in a warning at the least, and if there's any hostility involved, it will result in a BAN for a period of time.
« Last Edit: 01:01:11 PM / 25-Apr-09 by Arro »

Facebook Share    

-Jason Arro

'85 Nissan 200SX (KA24DE)
formerly,
'85 Nissan Silvia RS-X - FJ20 w/ dual Weber carbs
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo
Drive it like you stole it, and work on it like you married it - self quote
Quote from: ka-t.org
Hella flush and all associates should be gunned down for brainwashing people into thinking a 225 and lots of camber is proper wheel fitment. THAT IS EASY, anyone can camber a skinny as tire till it dosnt rub. Now fitting an 11 with a 315 on stock fender with reasonable camber, that is fitment. And looks, and performs better than both.
i dont own a s12 at the moment but trying to acquire one to get rid of my s13 hatch
Quote from: SHOUTBOX
[27:54] zastaba: I had a friend touch the contacts on his distributer once
[28:04] zastaba: He did the super jumping up and down pain dance

Offline dangina

• http://
Name Changes
« Reply #1 on: 01:23:31 PM / 25-Apr-09 »
can i change my name? I got 99 problems but a ****** ain't one...lol
I love my girl like I love my car - sideways....

Offline Lynium

Name Changes
« Reply #2 on: 03:08:34 PM / 25-Apr-09 »
I thought about seeing about changing my name.. When my new BB is born any day now, we're naming him Lynium... It was a name I came up with long long ago... It would be weird me using his name all over the internet anymore.. lol

How ever, alot of the threads and titles and such just wouldnt make any sense...

I thought about ust making a new account kinda thing, but that seemed to be kinda daft as well... oh well.. I'll just leave it alone...
S12 FSM FOR DOWNLOAD HERE!!

My cardomian thingy place a majigure

Silly Ricer, useless wings are for penguins!

1986 Nissan 200sx, notch, 5spd, ca20e.. my toy.
1982 AMC Eagle wagon limited, Auto, 258, a constant work in progress...
1986 Merkur XR4Ti, 2.3T.. A future project for when the 8mnth old is old enough.
1991 f150 4x4 xlt lariat.
1991 Dodge Dakota Sport 4x4 ext cab

1992 Yamaha YMF350 (Warrior) Supertrapp exhaust, K&N, Stage 1 hotcam, twist throttle, ITP Holshots, custom sprocket ratios, Dyna-Jet kit, etc etc
1970s-80s Kawahara BMX! custom bars, gt 3spoke rims, ORYG(Gyro), etc etc

Currently 2nd year apprentice, automotive service technition.

Offline nismologist

• S12 Guru
    • http://
Name Changes
« Reply #3 on: 03:54:41 PM / 25-Apr-09 »
arro SLAMMIN THE HAMMER.lol

YOU THOUGHT SO, BUT I KNOW SO.
-Macho Man Randy Savage

Offline sideways_s12

• CS12 OG
  • Moderators
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1987 Nissan 200SX
  • Quit Fuckin around and start the car!
Name Changes
« Reply #4 on: 04:55:36 PM / 25-Apr-09 »
Damn and I was gonna ask for a name change too I just don't have a good enough reason other than I really want to change it fuck that sucks oh well guess I'm stuck with my shit lol

Offline Arro

• Administrator
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1985 Nissan 200SX
    • http://www.cardomain.com/id/arro200sx
Name Changes
« Reply #5 on: 09:20:43 PM / 25-Apr-09 »
Yeah I've been successful in weeding out duplicate accounts, without mentioning who, I know some of you had them and I eliminated them. So making another account isn't allowed, either.
-Jason Arro

'85 Nissan 200SX (KA24DE)
formerly,
'85 Nissan Silvia RS-X - FJ20 w/ dual Weber carbs
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo
Drive it like you stole it, and work on it like you married it - self quote
Quote from: ka-t.org
Hella flush and all associates should be gunned down for brainwashing people into thinking a 225 and lots of camber is proper wheel fitment. THAT IS EASY, anyone can camber a skinny as tire till it dosnt rub. Now fitting an 11 with a 315 on stock fender with reasonable camber, that is fitment. And looks, and performs better than both.
i dont own a s12 at the moment but trying to acquire one to get rid of my s13 hatch
Quote from: SHOUTBOX
[27:54] zastaba: I had a friend touch the contacts on his distributer once
[28:04] zastaba: He did the super jumping up and down pain dance