Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Motor Mounts.  (Read 1653 times)

Offline Mark04

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Location: Mill Bay, British Columbia, Canada
  • Posts: 350
    • http://0
Motor Mounts.
« on: 12:16:04 PM / 07-May-09 »
ok guys, been doing some reading, didn't find much about motor mounts.

when I swap in the KA, when it's finally ready ti go in, ..can I use the CA20E motor mounts? or will I need custom mounts?
Seems like they should fit, but I'm not too sure... the bottom mounts are different, but the actual mount, the upper mounts look about the same.

Facebook Share    


Offline Jay

  • Now v3.0.14 rev. C... Cowbell included!
  • Moderators
  • S12 Guru
  • *****
  • Location: Calumet, Mi
  • Posts: 5,543
  • Vehicle: 1989 BMW 3 Series
Motor Mounts.
« Reply #1 on: 05:52:55 PM / 07-May-09 »
Quote from: Mark04
ok guys, been doing some reading, didn't find much about motor mounts.

when I swap in the KA, when it's finally ready ti go in, ..can I use the CA20E motor mounts? or will I need custom mounts?
Seems like they should fit, but I'm not too sure... the bottom mounts are different, but the actual mount, the upper mounts look about the same.

use the KA mounts, It's what I used. And poly filled to boot. The uppers arent the same. They have 4 bolts each attaching it to the motor, with the ca's having 2 bolts only. and the KA mounts have a single bolt going to the lower mounts. Which the CA's have two. So you can't mix and match.
« Last Edit: 05:55:18 PM / 07-May-09 by Jay »

Quote from: David B
i like gay porn. but i dont post that in my sig links.

Offline Mark04

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Location: Mill Bay, British Columbia, Canada
  • Posts: 350
    • http://0
Motor Mounts.
« Reply #2 on: 07:17:35 PM / 07-May-09 »
Quote from: Jay
use the KA mounts, It's what I used. And poly filled to boot. The uppers arent the same. They have 4 bolts each attaching it to the motor, with the ca's having 2 bolts only. and the KA mounts have a single bolt going to the lower mounts. Which the CA's have two. So you can't mix and match.


ok, thanks alot Jay

Offline suicide.veteran

  • n00b
  • **
  • Location: Clarksville, TN
  • Posts: 73
    • http://
Motor Mounts.
« Reply #3 on: 05:13:53 AM / 05-Jun-09 »
You can use CA mounts.  Lowers don't matter, the X-member is the same.  you take the little bolts on the top plate off then use the bolt in the middle.  But why bother? Use later 93+ mounts iff possible. Better design.

Offline David B

  • S12 Guru
  • *****
  • Location: NOVA (Northern VA), Manassas
  • Posts: 7,366
Motor Mounts.
« Reply #4 on: 01:22:30 PM / 05-Jun-09 »
Quote from: suicide.veteran
You can use CA mounts.  Lowers don't matter, the X-member is the same.  you take the little bolts on the top plate off then use the bolt in the middle.  But why bother? Use later 93+ mounts iff possible. Better design.
ca mounts fit?


good to know.... who cars about the design... just fill em with polyurathane


caged ca20e/ka24e/sr20det/ka24de/1jzgte SRA hatch. super sick

Quote from: Arro
Goddamn David you seriously are hard core man.
Quote from: tjs91tsi
Ohh, and unless you havn't figured it out yet, Stop driving with coolant leaks and Stop dropping nails in your fucking trannys!!!

Offline Arro

  • Administrator
  • S12 Guru
  • *****
  • Location: San Jacinto, CA, USA (951)
  • Posts: 16,885
  • Vehicle: 1985 Nissan 200SX
    • http://www.cardomain.com/id/arro200sx
Motor Mounts.
« Reply #5 on: 01:47:02 PM / 05-Jun-09 »
Or two hockey pucks. But that's a stiff as hell ride form what I hear.
-Jason Arro


'85 Nissan 200SX (KA24DE)
formerly,
'85 Nissan Silvia RS-X - FJ20 w/ dual Weber carbs
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo
Drive it like you stole it, and work on it like you married it - self quote
Quote from: ka-t.org
Hella flush and all associates should be gunned down for brainwashing people into thinking a 225 and lots of camber is proper wheel fitment. THAT IS EASY, anyone can camber a skinny as tire till it dosnt rub. Now fitting an 11 with a 315 on stock fender with reasonable camber, that is fitment. And looks, and performs better than both.
i dont own a s12 at the moment but trying to acquire one to get rid of my s13 hatch
Quote from: SHOUTBOX
[27:54] zastaba: I had a friend touch the contacts on his distributer once
[28:04] zastaba: He did the super jumping up and down pain dance

Offline silvia love

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Location: bay area, ca
  • Posts: 1,847
Motor Mounts.
« Reply #6 on: 02:39:20 PM / 05-Jun-09 »
Quote from: David B
ca mounts fit?
good to know.... who cars about the design... just fill em with polyurathane


Quote from: Arro
Or two hockey pucks. But that's a stiff as hell ride form what I hear.
im running poly filled ka mounts, which are stiff as hell. i had pucks for the initial start up, which felt the same to me as the filled oem's. everything still rattles like crazy with my poly filled mounts and my engine does not move what so ever when i rev. its only really bad below 2000rpm.
 i also have my trans mount filled in.

my poly filled ka mount



trans mount


my pucks i had as temp
« Last Edit: 02:41:12 PM / 05-Jun-09 by silvia love »

Offline suicide.veteran

  • n00b
  • **
  • Location: Clarksville, TN
  • Posts: 73
    • http://
Motor Mounts.
« Reply #7 on: 05:58:16 AM / 06-Jun-09 »
Quote from: Arro
Or two hockey pucks. But that's a stiff as hell ride form what I hear.
yeah had the pucks too, and a stage 3 clutch.... Killer.  Anyway, Were your mounts pre 93 KA?  There is a different design that IMO are stiffer.  They have square edges or ribs or whatever in the middle.
« Last Edit: 05:58:43 AM / 06-Jun-09 by suicide.veteran »