86 200sx

Started by 86s12sr20det, 07:50:05 PM / 13-May-09

Previous topic - Next topic

86s12sr20det

ok well i have an 86 200sx i paid 350 for it and it runs like a champ the only prob with it is the crapy motor, i want to swap an sr20det into it but the thing is how much will it cost to do it all, the motor and trans and everything cost 1500, how much more would it take, my car needs a ton of body work and it has 3 spots on the frame that need to be fixed major, would it be worth it to do it. or should i just get a new vehicle ive always wanted a chevy duramax

here is a link to the motor im thinking about getting or should i do the ca18det ill put a link to that one to
sr20det
http://www.tokyomotorimports.com/engine/41...20OFFER%20.html

ca18det
http://www.tokyomotorimports.com/engine/22...mission%20.html

Redneck

If you want to fix up an s12 I would start with a clean chassy. They are so cheap as it is it just doesn't make sense to have to start off with a tweaked frame from the start. Engine is completely preference but I think almost everyone can agree the ca18det and sr20det are both great choices.
Quote from: ka-tgazelle on 11:24:56 PM / 01-Jun-11 FIrst my rims are horrible, than there ok when painted black , now my cars horrible, now my fenders are to much after i was told i couldnt do it.... Lol club s12 ftw.....  Only here have Ive been told they look like shit..... SOrry its not bone stock with crown vic rims running the stock vg making 130whp and looks generic like every other one. My car looks dope ive been told this a billion times on local forums....

Prownd

What do you mean by the frame needs repair.. i know mine has some spots rusted out on the bottom from normal driving, doesnt really affect the car unless your frame is bent... and i just completed a sr20det swap and it was super easy.. there are alot of write ups on the wiring but i found mine to be as easy as 3 wires.. constant on, on on, and fuel pump... most people replace all the gaskets before intall so you may need to know how or have a shop do it, water pump will likely need replaced... but you either bought the car for a piece of shit or bought it to be a project... decide how deep your pockets are before you start

86s12sr20det

well at first i bought it for a beater, and after searching i kinda like the turbo engine idea, i want to turn it into a sleeper and cruse downtown and kick some major ass, i live in springfield ohio and ppl think they are hard asses and i want to be able to take them, but idk how worth it it is, most the cars around here are 15 to 17 sec cars and i want to be quicker than that,  would a stock sr20 do that, im tired of the ass holes that think they are better than everyone

Leegamer

Quote from: 86s12sr20det
well at first i bought it for a beater, and after searching i kinda like the turbo engine idea, i want to turn it into a sleeper and cruse downtown and kick some major ass, i live in springfield ohio and ppl think they are hard asses and i want to be able to take them, but idk how worth it it is, most the cars around here are 15 to 17 sec cars and i want to be quicker than that,  would a stock sr20 do that, im tired of the ass holes that think they are better than everyone

Post pics of said "frame damage."

86s12sr20det

cant get pics camera broke and phone cam sucks, but the very front driver side were the frame ends is rotting out, and collapsed under pressure of jake middle passanger side has a slot that rusted out and very back were the frame goes up into the wheel well is completely gone hope you can understand how i described that

Leegamer

I'd drive that car until it blows up or falls apart and find a clean chassis to put an SR or whatever you decide into.

86s12sr20det

well i am going to indy for school soon and need something less miles im thinking about buying my gf sunfire throwing an exhaust and short ram and kicking some civic ass here in springfield b4 i take the lovely 90k mile car to indy and never coming back lol, ill prob jus beat the piss out of it and sell it off anyone want to buy a project car

Kustamogen

ya dont bother doing a swap if the cars that much of a piece of shit....even the 'simple' swaps can be a pain in the ass......so dont bother

lol and if a sunfire can take down any civics in your area....you must have the worst import scene ever

86s12sr20det

yea we do trust me, i think the fastest import ive seen was a prelude or some shit like that, and every honda in my area is the 1.6 vtech or some shit like that with a muffler welded on and some fake ass cold air which is really a short ram. and they are all slow as piss, my old 4.3 gmc jimmy could beat everyone of then, o and my 2.4l ka stanza could take em to, so i know that the 2.2 with a full exhaust and a real short ram will do cirles around them, it almost does it stock i love driving that car

Leegamer

yea we do trust me, i think the fastest import ive seen was a prelude or some shit like that, and every honda in my area is the 1.6 vtech or some shit like that with a muffler welded on and some fake ass cold air which is really a short ram. and they are all slow as piss, my old 4.3 gmc jimmy could beat everyone of then, o and my 2.4l ka stanza could take em to, so i know that the 2.2 with a full exhaust and a real short ram will do cirles around them, it almost does it stock i love driving that car

Interesting.

86s12sr20det

well i guess imma say fuck it, im gonna keep dumping the clutch at 5k rpms spinning the one tire and pissing ppl off as much as possible then sell it off and buy a better car fuck it all to hell blowing up nissans is what im good at i guess, and to throw this in i dont think the ka is that good i threw a rod in it and it only had like 100k on it

Leegamer

well i guess imma say fuck it, im gonna keep dumping the clutch at 5k rpms spinning the one tire and pissing ppl off as much as possible then sell it off and buy a better car fuck it all to hell blowing up nissans is what im good at i guess, and to throw this in i dont think the ka is that good i threw a rod in it and it only had like 100k on it

Which car are you going to attempt to destroy?  The S12 or the Sunfire?  I can't really understand your posts very well.

86s12sr20det

im going to destroy the s12 to jus b4 it blows up find some cracked out person in need of car sell it to them for 200 and then buy the sunfire and go to indy with it, thats my plan now after a ton of thought the s12 isnt worth fixing and the sunfire only has 90k on new motor which i helped put in so i know its done right and she only wants 1500 for it

Leegamer

Hmm.  For 1500 dollars you can buy a clean S12 shell with no rust and swap in a KA and your car will be much faster than a sunfire and a lot more reliable.

86s12sr20det

well yea but i dont have the money to jus buy a shell and a motor ive put all my money on redoing the entire brake system on my s12 now, the guy i bought it from said it had brand new break rotors lines pads whole nine yards, got it home pulled the wheels three out of 4 rotors were split and right after replacing all 4 and pads drove done the street and blew one of the rear lines and one of the front, now i have like 20 bucks sitting in the bank, and investment gone wrong, maybe i will learn my lesson sooner or later

Josh19862dr

I would keep the s12. I have an 86 200sx that im about to drop a new motor in. but my car dosnt have any rust on it at all. It is in dam good condition all the way around. I guess i just cant get why anyone would wanna change rwd for fwd.
Josh Webb
86 200sx- i put over 100,000 miles on it and still runs like new!!!
ca20's, Not a crap motor!

86s12sr20det

ive decided to keep my s12, ive fallen for it, its such an amazing ride, idk what it is but when i wake up and look out the window, i just love the body lines, it needs alot of work but im willing to do it, im willing to put whatever i need to make it right, get the dents fixed, all the rust, im just gonna use a ton of bondo for now and fix right later, and o about the clean no rust car, i live in springfield, mine is the only s12 you can find for miles

Redneck

Yeah I feel really sorry for you guys in the Midwest/South/East Coast. As someone pointed out those areas tend to be a lot less import friendly (I am guessing especially 20-30 years ago). Plus the Midwest and East Coast use massive salt in the winter which as we all knows eats cars alive unless it gets thoroughly rinsed off after driving in it. Luckily for me where I live s12's are for sale all the time (even SE's pop up a fair amount). And on top of that they are usually dirt cheap (examples I found just now: http://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/cto/1233153124.html , http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/1228910087.html ). I still think if your s12 has severe rust and/or body damage you should hold out on any big modification plans. It really would be worth it to go the extra mile to find a fairly clean chassis to start with even if you have to travel a bit to find it. In the long run you'll be much happier you did.
Quote from: ka-tgazelle on 11:24:56 PM / 01-Jun-11 FIrst my rims are horrible, than there ok when painted black , now my cars horrible, now my fenders are to much after i was told i couldnt do it.... Lol club s12 ftw.....  Only here have Ive been told they look like shit..... SOrry its not bone stock with crown vic rims running the stock vg making 130whp and looks generic like every other one. My car looks dope ive been told this a billion times on local forums....

DatsmO

hahaha has anyone elts seen the blacktop sr they are trying to sell on his link. apparently they are the proud owner and seller of the worlds first 6 cylinder sr20det. i wouldnt order from them they dont seem to inspect or know their motors very well.