Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How Much Of A Spacer Should I Get?  (Read 5338 times)

Offline Keith

• Honored Veterans
  • S12 Guru
    • http://www.cardomain.com/id/1984rps12
How Much Of A Spacer Should I Get?
« Reply #20 on: 12:55:41 PM / 28-May-09 »
Quote from: David B
im scared of hubcentric.
ive had hubcentric studs snap in half and i had to ruin the rim to get it off
but i might get them because hubcentric does seem more safe in a way. i have a tq wrench too
hubcentric hubs on these spacers have nothing to do with studs..... the hub centric part is the lip around the center hole that your wheel will sit on, allowing the wheels to center up on the hub for a vibration free ride.  You just need to measure the center bore on your wheels to see what it is

*1984 S12 Turbo* CA18DET swap * Custom top mount header & dump pipe * Mitsu Heavy Industries EVO III 16g turbo * Custom 3" turbo back exhaust with Magnaflow muffler * Front mount intercooler * Front mount oil cooler * Nismo fuel pressure regulator * Walbro 255 * DSM 450cc Injestors * Apexi Safc II * AEM Wide Band * AEM Tru Boost * Z32 MAF * Cometic head gasket * Centerforce Dual Friction clutch *  Tokico lowering springs * Owned since 1989 *

*2007 BMW M6* S85 V10 sweetness

*2004 C5 Z06*

*2006 BMW E60 550i Sport* Boner stock; SOLD *

*1995 Maxima* Owned since 1995 SOLD

Car Domain

Offline David B

• S12 Guru
« Reply #21 on: 01:17:01 PM / 28-May-09 »
well the link you gave me was 66... its stated for a s13 also, 114.3

ive had the snowflake hubcentric rims.. i mean. ill go with hubcentric spacers 90 bucks is okay of a price too

but yea ill measure it up

caged ca20e/ka24e/sr20det/ka24de/1jzgte SRA hatch. super sick

Quote from: Arro
Goddamn David you seriously are hard core man.
Quote from: tjs91tsi
Ohh, and unless you havn't figured it out yet, Stop driving with coolant leaks and Stop dropping nails in your fucking trannys!!!

Offline Keith

• Honored Veterans
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #22 on: 01:23:39 PM / 28-May-09 »
here's mine......

*1984 S12 Turbo* CA18DET swap * Custom top mount header & dump pipe * Mitsu Heavy Industries EVO III 16g turbo * Custom 3" turbo back exhaust with Magnaflow muffler * Front mount intercooler * Front mount oil cooler * Nismo fuel pressure regulator * Walbro 255 * DSM 450cc Injestors * Apexi Safc II * AEM Wide Band * AEM Tru Boost * Z32 MAF * Cometic head gasket * Centerforce Dual Friction clutch *  Tokico lowering springs * Owned since 1989 *

*2004 C5 Z06*

Car Domain

Offline David B

• S12 Guru
« Reply #23 on: 01:28:08 PM / 28-May-09 »
what lug nuts do you use??

when i had my snowflakes i seriously had the top of the lug nut sheer off like twice.. then its like impossible to remove them.. and they were brand new almost.

and.. arent there supposed to be washers or a bushing or something to keep that shock moving left and right??
« Last Edit: 01:29:09 PM / 28-May-09 by David B »

Ohh, and unless you havn't figured it out yet, Stop driving with coolant leaks and Stop dropping nails in your fucking trannys!!!

Offline Keith

• Honored Veterans
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #24 on: 01:33:16 PM / 28-May-09 »
what lug nuts do you use??

when i had my snowflakes i seriously had the top of the lug nut sheer off like twice.. then its like impossible to remove them.. and they were brand new almost.
Originals....they were on the car when I got it (20 years ago).....so I assume they're OE.
Never paid attention to the shocks....a shop in Florida put them on about 10 years ago....but now that you mention it...seems like there should be washers on each side....looks like I found my next project  

« Last Edit: 01:35:50 PM / 28-May-09 by Keith »

*2004 C5 Z06*

Car Domain

Offline David B

• S12 Guru
« Reply #25 on: 01:34:30 PM / 28-May-09 »
do you have a pic with the nut off the rim?

those look like the stock taperd ones... lol. i used those once. and lost my wheel on track

wheels, so clean. everything on your car. so clean. ughh
« Last Edit: 01:35:09 PM / 28-May-09 by David B »

Offline Keith

• Honored Veterans
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #26 on: 01:38:33 PM / 28-May-09 »
do you have a pic with the nut off the rim?

those look like the stock taperd ones... lol. i used those once. and lost my wheel on track

wheels, so clean. everything on your car. so clean. ughh
I'll snap a pic...they're not tapered if memory serves me correctly....the end is skinny and flat, and has a thick washer that sits up under the part that you grab with a lug wrench.  The only one that is tapered is the lock lug.....which is off my old Maxima.  The locks have been on there for around 10 years....no probs with them
« Last Edit: 01:40:04 PM / 28-May-09 by Keith »

*2004 C5 Z06*

Car Domain

Offline David B

• S12 Guru
« Reply #27 on: 01:40:29 PM / 28-May-09 »

are these yours?

heres the ones that i use that fail. they snap in half... i spent like 40 bucks for a bunch of them awhile back and probally will never use them again

i cant find the oens like in the first pic.. i found those shitty ones below at carquest
« Last Edit: 01:41:57 PM / 28-May-09 by David B »

Offline Keith

• Honored Veterans
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #28 on: 01:41:13 PM / 28-May-09 »

are these yours?
Style is the same.....but the washers on mine are seperate..the one in the pic looks like it's part of the lug

*2004 C5 Z06*

Car Domain

Offline David B

• S12 Guru
« Reply #29 on: 01:43:38 PM / 28-May-09 »
okay thanks for helping me clear this all up. but the OE ones like yours, and the one that sterling posted awhile back, (pic u quoted) looks alot more beefier then my pos lug nuts. must i find them.

Offline Keith

• Honored Veterans
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #30 on: 01:50:09 PM / 28-May-09 »
here is one of mine "Acorn" style I believe..........

« Last Edit: 01:51:15 PM / 28-May-09 by Keith »

*2004 C5 Z06*

Car Domain

Offline rage

• S12 Guru
    • http://
« Reply #31 on: 04:05:21 PM / 28-May-09 »
david, the type of lugs you use depends on the wheel. some wheels (stock) are designed for the shank/washer type and some are the kind youre using now (most wheels)

its not just a personal preference type thing

also on a drift car, especially in the rear hubcentric spacers might get kind of annoying as spare wheels might have different center bores, so more shit to change out, just to put spares on

TX > CA

Offline David B

• S12 Guru
« Reply #32 on: 05:53:26 PM / 28-May-09 »
Quote from: rage
david, the type of lugs you use depends on the wheel. some wheels (stock) are designed for the shank/washer type and some are the kind youre using now (most wheels)

its not just a personal preference type thing

also on a drift car, especially in the rear hubcentric spacers might get kind of annoying as spare wheels might have different center bores, so more shit to change out, just to put spares on

i know its not personal preference... i was just domb

Offline Arro

• Administrator
  • S12 Guru
  • Vehicle: 1985 Nissan 200SX
    • http://www.cardomain.com/id/arro200sx
« Reply #33 on: 10:16:56 PM / 28-May-09 »
Quote from: Keith
here is one of mine "Acorn" style I believe..........

That's a "mag" style, this is an acorn:

has a tapered end.
-Jason Arro

'85 Nissan 200SX (KA24DE)
formerly,
'85 Nissan Silvia RS-X - FJ20 w/ dual Weber carbs
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo
Drive it like you stole it, and work on it like you married it - self quote
Quote from: ka-t.org
Hella flush and all associates should be gunned down for brainwashing people into thinking a 225 and lots of camber is proper wheel fitment. THAT IS EASY, anyone can camber a skinny as tire till it dosnt rub. Now fitting an 11 with a 315 on stock fender with reasonable camber, that is fitment. And looks, and performs better than both.
i dont own a s12 at the moment but trying to acquire one to get rid of my s13 hatch
Quote from: SHOUTBOX
[27:54] zastaba: I had a friend touch the contacts on his distributer once
[28:04] zastaba: He did the super jumping up and down pain dance

Offline Jackalope

• http://jackkondreck4.com/
« Reply #34 on: 10:29:17 PM / 28-May-09 »

question:
the only reason those fit is because of the spacers right?
because i tried putting a set of those celica supra rims on my car and the hub bore was too small on the celica supras.

"When your drunk and all you have is a hammer, everything is a nail"
My Garage Thread

Offline Keith

• Honored Veterans
  • S12 Guru
« Reply #35 on: 11:06:38 PM / 28-May-09 »
That's a "mag" style
That's right...you're right.  It's been a while......I was thinking of my Maxima

*2004 C5 Z06*

Car Domain

Offline 200sxkitcar

• Moderators
  • S12 Guru
    • http://s232.photobucket.com/albums/ee276/Sterlingps12/
« Reply #36 on: 01:21:33 AM / 29-May-09 »
Quote from: Jackalope

question:
the only reason those fit is because of the spacers right?
because i tried putting a set of those celica supra rims on my car and the hub bore was too small on the celica supras.

yes.  they are either 15 or 20mm spacers with the hubcentric part knocked out, effectively making it like a slip on large enough so that the smaller bore dia of the wheel does not contact the larger hub ring.  hope this makes sense.

David, the aftermarket nuts you got were probably shitty, the stock S12 ones are beefy and should have no problems.  If you need a set I can get some in a yard here, that should be relatively easy.  lug nuts should never break.
Sterling Picton

Offline David B

• S12 Guru
« Reply #37 on: 05:51:30 AM / 29-May-09 »
Quote from: 200sxkitcar
yes.  they are either 15 or 20mm spacers with the hubcentric part knocked out, effectively making it like a slip on large enough so that the smaller bore dia of the wheel does not contact the larger hub ring.  hope this makes sense.

David, the aftermarket nuts you got were probably shitty, the stock S12 ones are beefy and should have no problems.  If you need a set I can get some in a yard here, that should be relatively easy.  lug nuts should never break.

yea if u get me like8 i will trade for some $$ and internet sex