Club-S12 International S12OC United Kingdom ClubS12 France S12Silvia Australia S12.org.ua Eastern Europe S12 of Sweden S12 Japan BBS
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Are Winking Headlights Possible?  (Read 7893 times)

Offline SlickS12

• http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=504817996
Re: Are Winking Headlights Possible?
« Reply #20 on: 11:50:28 AM / 10-Nov-11 »
BUMP.... Ahemm, JUSTIN!
'84 SRA VG Notch

yah, camber city called, they want you to run for mayor.
Canyon Roads...you go. Faster. And faster. And faster. And then you�re simply existing above an asphalt adventure.

Offline cutter67

• Has Earned a gold star!
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
« Reply #21 on: 12:07:05 PM / 15-Nov-11 »
i think it could be done with just two switches. one conected to the down side of the headlight you want to stay up. wire it so it breaks the circuit (so no power gets to the motor to run it down) the other switch is to trick the headlights that they are on. what you are doing is feeding power to the headlights themselves. so when you wink you throw both switches and use you headlight switch to wink with.

Offline SlickS12

• http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=504817996
« Reply #22 on: 04:34:26 PM / 15-Nov-11 »
I think justin did just that, but with only ONE switch that controls BOTH headlights to move up and down.  Just wish he would speak up about it!!!
'84 SRA VG Notch

yah, camber city called, they want you to run for mayor.
Canyon Roads...you go. Faster. And faster. And faster. And then you�re simply existing above an asphalt adventure.

Offline MDS12

• Sub-n00b
« Reply #23 on: 05:12:43 PM / 22-Dec-11 »
FIREFOX>you could just run the headlight motor hard wired on a relayed switch for one side (or both).
HOW DO YOU HARD WIRE ITON A RELAYED SWITCH?

Offline Feint S12

« Reply #24 on: 07:00:29 PM / 24-Sep-12 »
well i was just looking at the headlight motor, there are two different plugs for the motor where i figure one is to bring the lights up and the other to lower the light. couldnt exactly disconnect the two due to being stuck together for some reason... and i dont feel like replacing it-just left it alone..  but if you could find the wiring that connects directly to the switch on the dash, you could have two seperate switches for each headlight. really looking forward to someone who could get'r'done lol.
1984 Nissan 200SX CA18ET

Offline S12Prelude

• n00b
« Reply #25 on: 01:40:37 AM / 26-Dec-13 »
Yeah just try to trap the switch in between on and off and one light will come up