Listen Up

Started by Arro, 10:35:45 AM / 23-Jul-09

Previous topic - Next topic

If we were to label banned people, what is the best way?

Yes, make it known to all, regardless if it's temporary or permanent.
1 (1.9%)
Yes, but only make public those people perma-banned.
15 (28.3%)
Yes, make it known to all, regardless if it's temporary or permanent.
19 (35.8%)
1 & 2
8 (15.1%)
All of the above.
10 (18.9%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Arro

I want to make something clear: While Colin and I often rely on the group judgment for most situations, occasionally I can and indeed will make a decision for action ON MY OWN for any given situation.

This means if you do something that upsets me, I will not always throw you to the mercy of the Moderator team, and will simply take action on you directly. If you are constantly flaming and ranting and raving at someone, I WILL TAKE ACTION. If you are routinely spamming, I WILL TAKE ACTION. If you repeatedly break regulatory rules like selling format or posting content that is not permitted on this forum, I WILL TAKE ACTION.

Sometimes I WILL NOT hesitate or wait for a consensus from the team. I will simply issue you a warning, OR, IF YOU HAVE A RECENT WARNING FOR THE SAME THING, I WILL BAN YOU. This will be a temporary ban duration of MY choice, although usually only a day or two.

Make no mistake -- the other moderators are within their rights to act IN THE SAME MANNER, WITHOUT CONSULTING THE GROUP. Everything we do is documented in our section, and so we are accountable to each other.

As far as why someone gets temp-banned, like i said. It's REAL simple. You either have to have made the same mistake repeatedly (or very very recently, showing you disregarded a warning issued), or you have to have acquired too many warnings. IF YOUR WARNING METER IS 100%, and you do something wrong, however minor, YOU WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY ISSUED A TEMP BAN, AT A DURATION OF MY CHOOSING (or of the choosing of whoever is issuing the action).

If some of you asses can't understand this, then you're either stupid, or arrogant, or both. If you think it is arrogant of me to keep the rules and the INTEGRITY of the forum at a standard, then you are even stupider than anyone realizes. And PM'ing me (or whoever takes the action) and cussing us out? You really think that's going to help?

Given that you PM me with a CIVIL appeal, meaning you challenge it WITHOUT being an ass, there is a very good chance it can be removed with some discussion. But if you come at me with guns blazing, you will lose.

And as far as anyone who has been banned indefinitely, I have this to say -- it happens for GOOD reason, and with lots of discussion in our moderator section. And only after LOTS of attempts at civil discussion with the person. But if some of you think that it's better to be perma-banned, then feel free to simply leave. Nobody is asking anybody to leave, but your actions can cause that end result on their own if you wish it to.

Just remember that so far, the only person indefinitely banned this year recently had the nerve to ask one of us to post content for them. Frankly, you'd think if this place was so undesirable, that wouldn't have been a thought in their mind, but...

Like I said, the choice is yours as individuals. You can come on here and post, joke, and question each others' statements. Even heated debate. But there will be NO spam tolerated, NO flame wars tolerated, and no chastising the moderators for doing their job when they moderate the selling forum for format standards. All of these described mistakes are considered ABUSE of this forum, and abuse WILL NOT BE TOLERATED ON CLUB-S12.

PERIOD.

Edit: If you have ANY doubt, I have had an animated message on my signature line for some time now, and if you read it, it basically says the same damned thing. It's an image I have seen a number of moderators use on other forums, which is how I obtained it. So obviously my expectations are NOT unreasonable or uncommon on the internet.
-Jason Arro

'85 Nissan 200SX (KA24DE)
formerly,
'85 Nissan Silvia RS-X - FJ20 w/ dual Weber carbs
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo
Drive it like you stole it, and work on it like you married it - self quote
Quote from: ka-t.orgHella flush and all associates should be gunned down for brainwashing people into thinking a 225 and lots of camber is proper wheel fitment. THAT IS EASY, anyone can camber a skinny as tire till it dosnt rub. Now fitting an 11 with a 315 on stock fender with reasonable camber, that is fitment. And looks, and performs better than both.
Quote from: s-chassis_only on 07:43:21 PM / 25-Sep-10 i dont own a s12 at the moment but trying to acquire one to get rid of my s13 hatch
Quote from: SHOUTBOX[27:54] zastaba: I had a friend touch the contacts on his distributer once
[28:04] zastaba: He did the super jumping up and down pain dance

nismologist

understood. and im a jackass i suppose, but what is "spamming"

YOU THOUGHT SO, BUT I KNOW SO.
-Macho Man Randy Savage

Arro

posting useless or irrelevant crap in threads more than once.
-Jason Arro

formerly,
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo
Quote from: ka-t.orgHella flush and all associates should be gunned down for brainwashing people into thinking a 225 and lots of camber is proper wheel fitment. THAT IS EASY, anyone can camber a skinny as tire till it dosnt rub. Now fitting an 11 with a 315 on stock fender with reasonable camber, that is fitment. And looks, and performs better than both.
Quote from: s-chassis_only on 07:43:21 PM / 25-Sep-10 i dont own a s12 at the moment but trying to acquire one to get rid of my s13 hatch
Quote from: SHOUTBOX[27:54] zastaba: I had a friend touch the contacts on his distributer once

sideways_s12

why doesn't anybody get the fucking point we have one of these threads at least once a month because some dickhead is too hardheaded (no pun intended) to just be fuckin civil....I mean seriously c'mon

Maxpow

I'm sorry I'm always on your nerves Arro.

1987 Nissan 200sx SE ("The Squirrely Drifter") - Totaled and Gone forever
1987 Nissan 200sx SE ("The Weebly Wobbler") - Impounded and Gone forever
2007 Kia Spectra - Fantastic Daily Driver - Custom CAI, NGK wires/plugs.
2002 Hyundai Accent - Totaled and Gone Forever.

MAXPOW'S PARTS SALES: http://club-s12.org/v3/index.php?topic=31350.new#new
SEND ME A PMhttp://club-s12.org/v3/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=2092 /EMAIL Maxpow99@hotmail.com

Certified Member of SoCal Parts Alliance.

Quote from: Jay on 10:01:05 PM / 14-Nov-11
And, I'm going to say this publicly. Maxpow knows how to keep me at bay, while still laughing with him. Take lessons y'all

Arro

Quote from: sideways_s12
why doesn't anybody get the fucking point we have one of these threads at least once a month because some dickhead is too hardheaded (no pun intended) to just be fuckin civil....I mean seriously c'mon

I agree. It's not every month but it sure seems like it. People are assholes sometimes. Ok often times. Whatever. Like I told someone else, I could care less what people think of me personally, but I do give a damn about this place... and I've been unpopular since the first year because of it. Oh fuckin well.

-Jason Arro

formerly,
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo

Xano

Quote from: sideways_s12
seconded, its not hard to read the rules and use common sense when posting.

lets put it this way, when you walk into a store, do you ignore their rules? NO, because they will tell you to get the hell out of their store if you did.

This "Business" is no different, albeit, were a more or less non-profit business.

~xano

rage

TX > CA

Redneck

Quote from: Arro
And as far as anyone who has been banned indefinitely, I have this to say -- it happens for GOOD reason, and with lots of discussion in our moderator section. And only after LOTS of attempts at civil discussion with the person. But if some of you think that it's better to be perma-banned, then feel free to simply leave. Nobody is asking anybody to leave, but your actions can cause that end result on their own if you wish it to.

Just remember that so far, the only person indefinitely banned this year recently had the nerve to ask one of us to post content for them. Frankly, you'd think if this place was so undesirable, that wouldn't have been a thought in their mind, but...
Yeah so why is it that the person you indefinitely banned this year still says members under the group category next to his name? And why don't you just use his name? It is like the mods have the military "don't ask don't tell" policy towards banned or post banned members. I have been advocating for awhile if someone is post banned or perma banned it needs to say so under the group category they are indeed banned or post banned. This is very common practice on the vast majority of other car forums. I was shocked when I found out brewster240 was post banned for a long period of time by Draconis and you apparently didn't even know about it. And I didn't find out about it on cs12, I found out about it on the zilvia forums. Sometimes I wonder where people have gone that used to be pretty active on here but I never know if they are banned or not cause even if they are it still says members next to their name. I think it would be very helpful to make a new section when someone is post banned or banned that lets everyone know why this member is banned and for how long instead of people having to guess why someone is inactive for no apparent reason. I am still wondering what issue this thread really is originating from cause you wouldn't randomly just make a huge rant thread like this when what you have already clearly stated everything you just said in the forum guidelines (like not cussing out mods I mean no brainer). If people are being jackasses they need to be made examples of in the eye of the whole forum not just the mods which make up a tiny fraction of all the members. Otherwise how are we supposed to know what your talking about? If that was the case brewster240 wouldn't have been unjustifiably banned (according to what you stated) and people who need to be justifiably banned will be made examples of and the whole forum will know what their offense was.
Quote from: ka-tgazelle on 11:24:56 PM / 01-Jun-11 FIrst my rims are horrible, than there ok when painted black , now my cars horrible, now my fenders are to much after i was told i couldnt do it.... Lol club s12 ftw.....  Only here have Ive been told they look like shit..... SOrry its not bone stock with crown vic rims running the stock vg making 130whp and looks generic like every other one. My car looks dope ive been told this a billion times on local forums....

demonic s12

Quote from: Redneck
Yeah so why is it that the person you indefinitely banned this year still says members under the group category next to his name? And why don't you just use his name? It is like the mods have the military "don't ask don't tell" policy towards banned or post banned members. I have been advocating for awhile if someone is post banned or perma banned it needs to say so under the group category they are indeed banned or post banned. This is very common practice on the vast majority of other car forums. I was shocked when I found out brewster240 was post banned for a long period of time by Draconis and you apparently didn't even know about it. And I didn't find out about it on cs12, I found out about it on the zilvia forums. Sometimes I wonder where people have gone that used to be pretty active on here but I never know if they are banned or not cause even if they are it still says members next to their name. I think it would be very helpful to make a new section when someone is post banned or banned that lets everyone know why this member is banned and for how long instead of people having to guess why someone is inactive for no apparent reason. I am still wondering what issue this thread really is originating from cause you wouldn't randomly just make a huge rant thread like this when what you have already clearly stated everything you just said in the forum guidelines (like not cussing out mods I mean no brainer). If people are being jackasses they need to be made examples of in the eye of the whole forum not just the mods which make up a tiny fraction of all the members. Otherwise how are we supposed to know what your talking about? If that was the case brewster240 wouldn't have been unjustifiably banned (according to what you stated) and people who need to be justifiably banned will be made examples of and the whole forum will know what their offense was.

i have a screenshot of why he was banned....
*BANNED*

rage

post it up, you know where

TX > CA

nismologist

i know ive been a little dickheadidh lately,so im sorry for pissin anyone off.lets squash it like a bug.

-Macho Man Randy Savage

rduranS12

is everyone on club-s12 constantly on their period or is it just you arro?

nismologist

hahaha.everyone.

-Macho Man Randy Savage

demonic s12

Quote from: rduranS12is everyone on club-s12 constantly on their period or is it just you arro?

oh shit son
*BANNED*

Arro

first off, and I'll say it quick and direct: rduran, shut the hell up man.

Second, I agree with Redneck. I have indeed been skirting the issue. Henry is the guy who got banned indefinitely. Why isn't he showing up as "banned" or "deleted" or whatever? Partly because I'm lazy to be honest, and partly because there is no user group called "Banned users", I deactivated it a year ago. Should I set it back up and use it? Maybe. Like I said, you raise a good point there.

But you're looking for me to be candid, and USUALLY I am not -- the moderation practices are our business. But I will indulge you because at this point I don't care either way. Why was Brewster banned? I don't fully agree with the reasons why he was banned, and I told Brewster that on zilvia. I told that to Colin. I unbanned Brewster. Honestly I stepped away for a few weeks because -- and omg can it be? -- I have a job and a real life, and it got a little busy. In that time, that shit happened. What did it have to do with? Well since you want full disclosure, it had to do with Brewster posting pictures or links or both to "Charity", who is supposedly Julie. I have my doubts about who she is or is not, but frankly I don't give two fucks about it either, although she did, and requested it be removed. As I understand it, Colin stepped in and ultimately banned him for it. In the end, it's partly why Julie is no longer active on here, and partly why she wasn't a moderator.

But back to Henry. Yes, let's use his name. Henry is a hothead. He's generally a cool guy from all I can see, but he lets his emotions and indeed his mouth get away from him. Many times he chose off people on here, and one of more of us had to step in. This was even before I was Admin. In the end, he decided to flame me when I updated the website graphics. Not *criticize*, but char-broil me. Way over the top. I locked him down from posting after it was clear that he was willing to take the flame-war across multiple threads. ONLY after that. Then it was in PM's, where as far as he was concerned, I was hurt because he criticized the graphics or whatever, when in fact all I was upset at was his way over the top method of doing so. Something I'd been upset at him for with other people in the past. In the end, he basically told me in so many words that he didn't care about keeping the peace and would rant and rave however and whenever he wanted. Well I think you all know what kind of moderation response that bullshit deserves.

So when some of you wonder what the fuck really happened, and why I've tried to avoid getting into it publicly, it's been out of an *attempt* to be professional about it, while some of you dickheads spread lies that Henry "left on his own", or that he was unfairly banned, or who knows whatever manner of shit-tastic junk gets shoveled.

SO why this time?

Well because someone did indeed do something to prompt it. Because every now and then, it seems like a new thread is needed to bring the awareness of the issue to the surface, even if some of you are annoyed by that. Because if I bump an older thread that says something similar, someone will inevitably bitch about *that* instead. Because Arro can't win.

Because in the end, I couldn't give a flying fuck what ANY of you think of me personally. *INSOFAR AS THAT* the general public can go fuck itself frankly. BUT, I DO care about the integrity of the forum. So much so that I've been made out to be the bad guy since the very first year. Which I said before.

So yes, this shit IS indeed in the guidelines. Then why can't some of these assholes follow them? They aren't horrible. But then they are rules. And as soon as we enforce them more than once, we are called Nazis by some of you fucking retards. Yes, I said some of you are fucking retards. Seriously, you whiny bastards -- if you don't like it, leave. The PRIMARY function of this place has ALWAYS been SOLID INFORMATION, and so allowing stupid dicks to post useless or hostile crap is NOT the purpose of this place.

Now back to the banning crap. Do we really want to see when someone is banned? They aren't always perma-banned. At least Redneck made the distinction between the two.

So you all tell me -- what the hell do you want? You want us to quietly and cleanly take care of business, or do you want us to throw them in the virtual dunce corner, and label them fuckups? I happen to think the latter of the two is yet more drama, but if most of you prefer to know who's in the penalty box and who isn't, fine. It's easy enough to do.

Honestly, I understand why some of you are wondering what the hell really goes on with the mods and admins. But as long as the information keeps flowing, and the flaming is kept to a minimum, and you're still able to joke and share funny shit, then isn't that the moderation team doing it's job behind the scenes? Isn't that enough?

You tell me. Because this thread is the LAST time I will be so candid with you all.
-Jason Arro

formerly,
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo

demonic s12

good work

you dont care about me though?  
*BANNED*

Xano

mouthful and a half haha.

anyways, I can agree with arro on 99% of that post. TBH.

Drama happens, such is life.  Shit, i got promoted, and now one of my best friends/coworkers hates me and wont even speak to me.  it happens EVERYWHERE.

personally, when I mod, i try to be behind the scenes as well.  Its just easier to work shit out in a PM than in public.  In public, you got a thousand backseat mods trying to either feed or fight the fire, where as in a PM, its just you and them, so shit actually gets worked out.

I want to see people making a conscious effort towards being civil even if someone (wont name particular names) comes off as a complete and utter retard.

apparently in the time i've been asleep or training at work, I've missed quite a bit of shit going on.....

in the words of Peter. "Cmonnnnnnn"
~xano

Arro

fuck you for the 1% you disagree with. You're fired

Andrew can have your job.

lol
-Jason Arro

formerly,
'84 Nissan 200SX Turbo
'85 Nissan 200SX Turbo

demonic s12

Quote from: Arrofuck you for the 1% you disagree with. You're fired  

Andrew can have your job.

lol

wewt

i loved

*BANNED*